• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Leftists caught framing Republicans with Tiki Torch Stunt

The Lincoln Project is largely made up of former Republicans who have either joined the Democratic Party or just want to troll and oppose the power structure in the current Republican Party, which has become enslaved to the Big Lie idiocy spun out of Trump's mouth. Youngkin himself is bound to Trump, even though he is rumored to be more of a moderate within that cult. The Lincoln Project does not consist of leftists, flaming liberals, or members of the McAuliffe campaign. In fact, they and the stunt have been denounced by the McAuliffe campaign, but that won't stop Trumpublicans and their enablers from using it to bash McAuliffe.

Politifact rates the charge against the Democratic Party and the McAuliffe campaign as "False":

Virginia Democratic party, McAuliffe campaign not involved in white supremacist stunt

Nope, the story is fake news. Nobody was being framed.

The Lincoln Project sent people to the campaign as a stunt to remind people about the white supremacy. They were not pretending to be white supremacists in the sense that is being claimed. They were "pretending" with the expectation that everyone would naturally know they were not really white supremacists. They did that as a stunt because they allege the Republican candidate refused to disavow various white supremacists.

Here is what the Lincoln Project actually stated:
"Today's demonstration was our way of reminding Virginians what happened in Charlottesville four years ago, the Republican Party's embrace of those values, and Glenn Youngkin's failure to condemn it," the conservative group said in a statement.

If you can't infer this from the photo, then you have SERIOUS PROBLEMS.

617cd12c23745d001824541f
Yes. It is precisely identical to saying that the people flying the "Trump Blimp" at anti-trump rallies were attempting to fool people into believing that donald trump himself was in attendance of the rally, and therefore was rallying against himself.
I'm sorry, but it is pretty fucking stoooopid to miss such blatantly obvious satire, clearly and unequivocally designed to caracturture and connect two ideas together (the candidate and white supremacy, in this case, obviously to any reasonable person with half a brain cell).
It is really hard to tell if the radical right is really that retarded, or just reliant on the brain-damaged / retarded sector of American society to follow their "buy-lines".

Hey, any tactic is fair. After all, Youngkin is a dangerous far-right nutter who wants parents to have some say in their children's education, a viewpoint so eye-bleedingly absurd McAuliffe had to point out the obvious:

“I’m not going to let parents come into schools and actually take books out and make their own decision,” McAuliffe said. “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”
Agreed. Your average Joe and Jane Blow are no more qualified to be making decisions on school curriculum than they are on the safety of vaccinations. They should stick to what the know: screwing widgets together and making meatloaf. Then maybe, just maybe their kids will enjoy a better lot in life than mom and dad.

Whether you regard them as qualified or not, Virginian parents have the legal right to do so:

A parent has a fundamental right to make decisions concerning the upbringing, education, and care of the parent's child.
Yes, parents do have a fundamental right to make decisions regarding the upbringing, care and education of their children. And they can do so by making choices about how to bring up, care for and educate their children. For instance, they can choose a non-public school for their children or choose to home school them. However, they CANNOT decide that MY child cannot learn about biology or chemistry or physics or literature or history or art or music, even if they don't like what is being taught. Their decisions about their childrearing practices do NOT impinge upon my choices about MY children's upbringing and education.

With regards to public education, parents can and do exercise some degree of influence by electing school board members who agree with them and who *may* agree with the parents' POV regarding XX. In some jurisdictions (I've never actually lived in Virginia), parents have a right to appear before the school board and advocate for/against any particular curriculum or policy. They may write letters to the school superintendent, curriculum director, editors of local newspapers and other news outlets and perhaps even the state legislature, etc. They may organize other parents who agree with them. And they may be met with opposition from other parents. The degree to which they achieve success depends largely upon how closely the parents' viewpoint aligns with that of the school board---and state law. For example, even if most of the community agreed that people of British descent should be enslaved, or that men should be disenfranchised or that gay people should be burned at the stake as witches, it is unlikely that the state would allow such curriculum stating that POV as fact to be taught.

In my experience, such parents usually confine themselves to protesting the teaching of certain books in the school curriculum (see a banned book list for likely targets) on one end, and the elimination of school programs such as AP courses on the other end. Oh, and anything sex ed related is bound to bring some protesters from all sides.

That you call their political affiliations "irrelevancy" is telling.

Two Democrats joined a Republican demonstration. For some reason, you think that is some big deal.

The fact you felt the need to conflate "Democrat" with "Leftist" is revealing. The fact you think their political affiliation is relevant is also revealing.

That you think that "The fact you think their political affiliation is relevant is also revealing." is revealing.
Of course you would think so.

Why do you think it is a big deal that two Democrats joined a Republican demonstration intended to embarrass a Republican candidate?

Two of the people involved are indeed Democrats, even if the Lincoln Project organized this. They have been identified by name, something I declined to do in this thread.

Do you want me to name them so that you can be satisfied that Democrats are doing this?

TWO Democrats! Not just ONE, but TWO! Think of the Horror!
Donald Trump committed treason, and one TeaParty Senator voted not to convict. Imagine what the headlines would have been if TWO GOP Senators had supported the treasonous sociopath?
Roger Stone has been a GOP trickster most of my life, as has Karl Rove. Their shenanigans were far worse than this incident. Think about the headlines if those TWO had ever worked together!!

McAuliffe is endorsed by Biden, so it does not surprise me that his supporters wave tiki torches.

No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA

The word "know" has one silent k.
The word "knuckle" has two silent k's.
The word "Democrat" has three silent k's.
Trump, the Tea Party, and the whole QAnon-GOP axis are manifestly the racists in today's Amerika. Yet you post this message and this signature! What gives? These are not babblings one might expect from a competent observer.

My working hypothesis — and the solution to this puzzle that appears most generous to Mr. Harvestdancer — is that this version of Jason comes from some "alternate universe" where DJT campaigned for the Democratic nomination in 2016, but was primaried out by President Joe Arpaio, running for re-election as a Democrat.

To the Democrat brain trust in Virginia who thought attacking concerned parents was a winning election strategy: Thank you.

Of course, with all the rampant voter fraud out there we can’t possibly trust these election results. So there’s a chance Youngkin didn’t win fairly. Maybe there should be some audits.

That you call their political affiliations "irrelevancy" is telling.
Perhaps you could explain the relevency of two Democrats joining a Republican led demonstration where their interests are alligned.

I'm sure Steve Schmidt would get a chuckle at being called a leftist.

Back
Top Bottom