• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Less than a week until Doctor Who!

The World Health Organization is getting a doctor? Is it any doctor, or is it The Doctor?

I will watch...but only out of curiosity.

Man,what a buzz kill for Clara. One minute she's falling in love with young Dr.Who, the next second he's wrinkly, old and goggle-eyed. Talk about a bucket of cold water.

Already counting down, and getting my fix on the new specials :D

Clara is leaving at the end of this season.

I'm excited to see the new Doctor, less excited to see the same old Steven Moffat writing his usual crap. Daleks again...? Yawn.

That's OK. Most only last that long.

But I heard they're getting rid of her the way they always do, which is lame.

Given the choice between seeing the universe, all that time and space have to offer, she's going to choose a mundane,9-to-5 having to pay the bills existence.

I never understood how ANY companion could choose everyday life when they could all but live forever.

Given the choice between seeing the universe, all that time and space have to offer, she's going to choose a mundane,9-to-5 having to pay the bills existence.

I never understood how ANY companion could choose everyday life when they could all but live forever.

Live forever?

A time machine isn't an immortality device, you know. Even the Doctor doesn't live forever.

Live forever?

A time machine isn't an immortality device, you know. Even the Doctor doesn't live forever.

Live forever.

Traveling in the TARDIS takes you where ever you want. You can touch down thousands of years in the future, see the end of the universe, if there is such a thing. Everyone you know will be long dead because you outlived them.

Live forever?

Live forever.

Traveling in the TARDIS takes you where ever you want. You can touch down thousands of years in the future, see the end of the universe, if there is such a thing. Everyone you know will be long dead because you outlived them.

Not from the perspective of the time travelers. They have exactly the same lifespan whether they travel or not.

Live forever.

Not from the perspective of the time travelers. They have exactly the same lifespan whether they travel or not.

Yep it's relative. But the point being, they experience the end result of the passage of MANY more years than everyone else.

The mystery part was boring. I found myself more than once, looking at the clock.

They made the doctor unnecessarily cruel to Clara, the Paternoster group had her jumping through hoops when she's been traumatized by all the recent events.

I like the characters in the group, but they were fairly unnecessary as was the big beast in the middle of London.

The stupid thing was the cyborgs needed body parts, then burned the bodies to hide the evidence...but of course, they never explained how the cyborgs GOT the optic nerve out of the dinosaur BEFORE they burned it. And why would they need to burn the bodies?

19th century police were not going to figure out the real truth.

I didn't know

the doctor spoke dinosaur. If he did, why didn't he speak dinosaur to the ones in the episode "Dinosaurs on a spaceship"?

Clara was literally

born to save the doctor and she has through countless lives, yet she was treated like a typical cute girl the doctor picked up and not his savior.

The only truly good part was the

very ending about the phone call.

Still need spoilers? Ok, just in case...

Agreed about the phone call. I also liked a bit how the doctor is now a senile old coot who keeps getting lost and forgets things.

As for the rest, typical Steven Moffat bullshit. And next time it's going to be fucking Daleks again. Haven't we seen that before already?

Still need spoilers? Ok, just in case...

Agreed about the phone call. I also liked a bit how the doctor is now a senile old coot who keeps getting lost and forgets things.

As for the rest, typical Steven Moffat bullshit. And next time it's going to be fucking Daleks again. Haven't we seen that before already?

I think they're bringing out all the old gang just to visually reassure everyone that it's still him.

BTW, does anyone know how

the Daleks now remember the doctor after Oswin Oswald deleted him from their collective memories in that episode?

I wouldn't bet on Moffat giving two shits about continuity.

Back
Top Bottom