• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Little Piggies

WAB

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
n/a
Toes.

While trying to warm my feet so I can sleep, I realized that I can intentionally move my big toe and my little toe individually, but as for the middle three—nope. I have no control over those digits individually. I can move them, of course, but only on a general 'toes move" command, upon which they obey me and get on the stick, so to speak. But, alas, try as I might, if I hold four piggies and try to send a signal to the single free piggie to move, that free piggy steadfastly refuses to budge. He will only agree to move as long as his brethren piggies come along with him.:humph:

The above refers, of course, not to the big piggy or the little piggy, but to the three piggies in the middle.

Can anyone out there move one of those middle piggies individually?

The 2 toes near my big toe seem to be mostly in lock step, as well as my pinky toe and the toe beside it.

It may have a lot to do with weak opposing muscles. You might notice that you have to use opposing muscles to prevent other fingers from going down when you move one finger down- they tend to move together a little bit, so you need to "flex" in the opposite direction to prevent the fingers beside your moving finger from moving as well.

I think the clench muscles for your toes are far stronger than the lift muscles because they are used more often, with more force, etc.

I'm sorry, folks. Lots of cough medicine made this seem like a cute idea for a thread...

I can pull cassette tapes out of a cassette player with my feet, flip them around, put them back in, and hit play.

Back
Top Bottom