• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Moved Live Trump Trial Updates

To denote the thread has been moved
My understanding is those 7 are not really picked...they've just cleared the first part of the process and will still do the voir dire in depth. It's gonna be well into next week (or the week after that) to get the actual jury picked.

My understanding is those 7 are not really picked...they've just cleared the first part of the process and will still do the voir dire in depth. It's gonna be well into next week (or the week after that) to get the actual jury picked.
How are they excluding the trump-suckers? Or will we have to wait for Voir Dire for that?

A heavily mustachio'd Slovevian immigrant wearing a ball cap and large rim sunglasses indicated that she I mean he would have no problem convicting that "cheating bastard".

Trump's lawyers were too busy looking up the term due process to notice and object. Trump himself was nodding off again.

... The judge will also allow Trump to speak "personally" with the jury for closing arguments.

But he won't take the witness stand? This seems hugely unfair. Trump will be able to perjure himself all he wants during that piece of slapstick, with no opportunity for the State of New York to cross-examine?

So my news source (Stephen Colbert) misled me when he said 6 jurors were already chosen? On TV shows, lawyers exercise their peremptory challenges whenever they want up until the final panel is agreed to.

Most Americans EITHER hope to suck Trump's cock OR consider him one of the most disgusting humans they've ever heard of. How can a jury be chosen? What sort of ignorant or brain-damaged jurors will survive the challenges? How many peremptory challenges does the defense get? What portion are being rejected by the judge himself?

It strikes me that the judge's specific criteria for juror rejection could have a huge effect on the resultant jury. Do we know what questions he asks?

Are any of the Trump trials to be televised?

... The judge will also allow Trump to speak "personally" with the jury for closing arguments.

But he won't take the witness stand? This seems hugely unfair. Trump will be able to perjure himself all he wants during that piece of slapstick, with no opportunity for the State of New York to cross-examine?

So my news source (Stephen Colbert) misled me when he said 6 jurors were already chosen? On TV shows, lawyers exercise their peremptory challenges whenever they want up until the final panel is agreed to.

Most Americans EITHER hope to suck Trump's cock OR consider him one of the most disgusting humans they've ever heard of. How can a jury be chosen? What sort of ignorant or brain-damaged jurors will survive the challenges? How many peremptory challenges does the defense get? What portion are being rejected by the judge himself?

It strikes me that the judge's specific criteria for juror rejection could have a huge effect on the resultant jury. Do we know what questions he asks?

Are any of the Trump trials to be televised?
I think Trump should burn in hell for any number of reasons. However, I would not abuse my responsibility as a juror to find him guilty if the prosecution didn't prove its case.

You gave an 'A' or 'not A' dichotomy and said that it covered most people.... I think it covers all people by definition.

You gave an 'A' or 'not A' dichotomy and said that it covered most people.... I think it covers all people by definition.
In fact, I think your response might use "person" a little freely.

There might be an issue here in that a jury of Trump's peers are... Well, just saying that "peer" requirement might be hard since I do NOT count him as a peer of any kind. He is human shaped trash. To be a peer to that might imply an automatic conflict with the very concept of justice.

Ummm.... that was in his dream. Not reality. Though with Trump I can easily understand the confusion.

You know, I must be wrong about that. Maybe the ones selected so far are permanent choices. I probably misheard the details.

Prospective 70+ year old Arkansas transplant who was a lawyer before getting into the public sector was answering questions from Trump's lawyers to determine her ability to judge fairly. Trump, while looking at her seem confused as if he thought he knew who she was, and he kept muttering to himself, "man, woman, camera, tv..."

There might be an issue here in that a jury of Trump's peers are... Well, just saying that "peer" requirement might be hard since I do NOT count him as a peer of any kind. He is human shaped trash. To be a peer to that might imply an automatic conflict with the very concept of justice.
Okay. I suggest impanelling the following jurors:
George Santos
Rudy Guiliani
Rod Blagojevich
Elizabeth Holmes
Jim Bakker
Jussie Smollett
Ivan Boesky
Felicity Huffman
Lori Loughlin
Michael Avenatti
Ashlee Simpson (somebody check her mic)
Wesley Snipes
alternates : Bill Cosby and Roger Stone
Liabilities: No swearing on an actual Bible (fire codes). Risk of jury members swindling each other in deliberations, leading to squabbles and/or murder. Also, loud Giuliani farts can obscure testimony.
Value added: The ones who've done time will want to see DJT get his time in stir.

You know, I must be wrong about that. Maybe the ones selected so far are permanent choices. I probably misheard the details.
As of this afternoon, 12 jurors have been sworn in so far and one of the alternates has already been chosen.

"We have our jury"

Yeah, I was wrong. I thought I heard a commentator say that a preliminary panel would be picked, but there would be a later, extended voir dire, and I was wronggggg.

Wouldn’t a “peer” of Trump be anyone who uses Social Media?

Back
Top Bottom