• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

London approves "Trump baby" blimp for flyover

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
http://thehill.com/policy/internati...y-trump-blimp-to-fly-over-london-during-visit

I don't remember the rest of the world putting this much effort into mocking any past American president.

Wasn't electing Trump supposed to increase the amount of respect America receives from the world? Because this doesn't look like an increase. In fact it looks like precisely the opposite of increased respect.

It's almost as if Trump supporters were wrong about that.

Wasn't electing Trump supposed to increase the amount of respect America receives from the world?
I don't remember that...

I remember that he promised to commit war crimes and atrocities, if that helps.

War crimes and atrocities are what's Great about America. The Trump campaign's 2020 slogan is going to be "Keep America Great".

Wasn't electing Trump supposed to increase the amount of respect America receives from the world?
I don't remember that...

I distinctly recall Republicans arguing that Obama diminished America and that America was no longer respected in the world because of Obama, and we had to elect Trump so that the world could respect us again.

I don't remember that...

I distinctly recall Republicans arguing that Obama diminished America and that America was no longer respected in the world because of Obama, and we had to elect Trump so that the world could respect us again.

I also recall Republicans arguing that climate change is a hoax, CNN is Fake News, Trickle-Down economics help the middle class. and Trumps inaugural crowd was the largest ever.

I also recall Republicans arguing that climate change is a hoax, CNN is Fake News, Trickle-Down economics help the middle class. and Trumps inaugural crowd was the largest ever.

Well, sure, but right now I'm talking about this claim made by Republicans.

I just want to see if any of our conservolibertarian posters wants to acknowledge that they made the argument that electing Trump would make America respected by the world again, and if they care to acknowledge that they were wrong about that one specific thing.

I KINDA remember something about that, but I think the subtitles changed respect to 'fear.'

I KINDA remember something about that, but I think the subtitles changed respect to 'fear.'

I'm not sure Republicans make a distinction.

https://www.quora.com/How-are-fear-and-respect-different

The president is most certainly respected, save by a pleathora of social misfits and occasional political figureheads catering to their base basking on the left. He is also feared, as he should be--non dainty leaders usually are.

ETA

And with him as our mighty president, the world will follow suit and respect us too. There'll be some backlash, but that's to be expected--anticipated even.

The president is most certainly respected, save a pleathora of social misfits and occasional political figureheads catering to their base basking on the left. He is also feared, as he should be--non dainty leaders usually are.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was talking about. Conservolibertarians really do think America is more respected now that we have Trump in office despite plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Now no one can accuse me of erecting a straw man. Thank you.

The president is most certainly respected, save a pleathora of social misfits and occasional political figureheads catering to their base basking on the left. He is also feared, as he should be--non dainty leaders usually are.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was talking about. Conservolibertarians really do think America is more respected now that we have Trump in office despite plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I'm not a conservo-whatcha-mu-call it.

ETA

And that's not what I said. The US isn't as respected as it could be right now. We still have the obama issues to correct for.

ETA

And that's not what I said. The US isn't as respected as it could be right now. We still have the obama issues to correct for.
Which countries do you think respect us now that didn't before Trump's election? It is pretty clear that since Trump's election, we have lost some respect from Mexico, Canada, Germany, and the UK for sure.

ETA

Which countries do you think respect us now that didn't before Trump's election? It is pretty clear that since Trump's election, we have lost some respect from Mexico, Canada, Germany, and the UK for sure.

I was just funnin' with underseer. You know he likes it.

The president is most certainly respected, save by a pleathora of social misfits and occasional political figureheads catering to their base basking on the left. He is also feared, as he should be--non dainty leaders usually are.

ETA

And with him as our mighty president, the world will follow suit and respect us too. There'll be some backlash, but that's to be expected--anticipated even.

billionairedefender.jpg

I just want to see if any of our conservolibertarian posters wants to acknowledge that they made the argument that electing Trump would make America respected by the world again, and if they care to acknowledge that they were wrong about that one specific thing.

Personally, I never said that about Trump. I said that if he does half the things he said, many of our so called "allies" were not going to be happy with us, especially when we stop paying for everything and demand FAIR trade.

Personally, I never said that about Trump. I said that if he does half the things he said, many of our so called "allies" were not going to be happy with us, especially when we stop paying for everything and demand FAIR trade.

Yeah, our former allies are laughing at the fool in the White House who is hurting the US in order to punish them.
Harley Davidson is just the tip of the iceberg - soon we won't have to import anything at all, which is a good thing because we won't be able to pay for it even if we did.
Trump is cutting off the noses of Americans to spite his own ugly face. Uncle Vlad told him to, or else ... PISSER TAPES!

Because this doesn't look like an increase. In fact it looks like precisely the opposite of increased respect.
You gotta wonder about the Mayor's approval, though.

Trump's already canceled one trip to England out of a fear of protesters mocking him. Would the Mayor approve of floating a great big Scarecrow Scaretrump in order to keep him away indefinitely?

Maybe not even for political reasons. It's just expensive for him to visit, what with extra security and motorcades, and steam cleaning the sheets of orange skin treatments after a night's sleep....

ETA

Oh yes.

We lost so much face in front of the whole world by electing that dirty black man!

Thank goodness we have His Orangeness to salvage America's reputation! We were a laughingstock before, but now we are respected and feared once again!

- - - Updated - - -

ETA

View attachment 16451

What's the point of having an aristocracy if the commoners don't defend them?

I'm not sure enough planning went into this blimp. Can't they have it cut long, leisurely, virtual farts over the populace, as it cruises about?

I'm not sure enough planning went into this blimp. Can't they have it cut long, leisurely, virtual farts over the populace, as it cruises about?
No, they have a speaker inside, transmitting Andy Serkis reading Trump Tweets in the voice of Gollum.

Witch Hunt! Tricksy Democrats has witch hunt!

Back
Top Bottom