• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

London elects first muslim Mayor.

The holier than thou political correct who don't see a problem in the election of a moslem to a high office, think it's only a small minority of people who are worried about it. There may be a large silent majority who will say: I told you so.

The holier than thou political correct who don't see a problem in the election of a moslem to a high office, think it's only a small minority of people who are worried about it. There may be a large silent majority who will say: I told you so.

The holier than thou political correct who don't see a problem in the election of a Roman Catholic to a high office, think it's only a small minority of people who are worried about it. There may be a large silent majority who will say: I told you so.

And yet, you voted for the Abbott government :rolleyes:

Mein Kampf is also available in Israel.

As for the conflict between Israel and Gaza, more Palestinians are killed than Israelis. History may even show the conflicts were senseless.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/04/world/meast/gaza-israel-why-civilian-deaths/

Images from the conflict between Israel and Hamas depict apparent civilians, innocent people caught in the middle. Often, the dead are children.

The Palestinian death toll in Gaza stands at more than 1,800, with nearly 10,000 wounded, Gaza's Health Ministry said Sunday. More than 300 children have died, the ministry has reported, as the United Nations repeatedly raises concerns about the high number of deaths in Gaza.

On the Israeli side, 64 Israeli soldiers and three civilians have died since fighting began more than three weeks ago.
An honest look at the situation would show what a lot of codswallop that is. Hamas hides and fires their rockets behind civilians in schools, shopping centers, hospitals, even hid rockets in a UN facility. That ' only' 64 Israelis died shows the incompetence of the Hamas terrorists thankfully.

I guess the Israelis are better shots.

This depends on his performance as a Mayor and how the voters will perceive how he voted. This in itself would not promote extremists who reject our system of elections.

The holier than thou political correct who don't see a problem in the election of a Roman Catholic to a high office, think it's only a small minority of people who are worried about it. There may be a large silent majority who will say: I told you so.

How the fuck do you know I voted for the Abbott? Perhaps most people voted for him because he said and did stop the boats, and make it just a little more difficult for for a repeat of what's happening in Europe and Britain.

How the fuck do you know I voted for the Abbott? Perhaps most people voted for him because he said and did stop the boats, and make it just a little more difficult for for a repeat of what's happening in Europe and Britain.

I'm psychic. ;)

As I understand he prescribed a correct manner in which to enter Australia and at least that worked, which meant the traffickers who hired out the unsafe boats lost a lot of business.

It must be weird to live in a country/countries so obsessed with outmoded ways of thinking. By and large, British politics moved on from 'religion' in the late Nineteenth Century, and it is time the backwoods caught up.

As I understand he prescribed a correct manner in which to enter Australia and at least that worked, which meant the traffickers who hired out the unsafe boats lost a lot of business.
That speaks volumes about your 'understanding'.

Are you saying that this did not stop the boats landing at unauthorised places?

It must be weird to live in a country/countries so obsessed with outmoded ways of thinking. By and large, British politics moved on from 'religion' in the late Nineteenth Century, and it is time the backwoods caught up.

Is that so! But, but, but, the royal family, as in the Queen, is the upholder of the church of England!

Since the Liberal Party adopted boats turn around, established and actually surpassed the Howard governments policy on illegal immigration, to my knowledge not one boat has made it to Australia. As Compared to thousands of boats, with more than 50.00 illegal immigrants under Crudd -Gizzard- Crudd governments. Actually, with apologies to the last Rudd government who after realising they had let the genie out of the bottle, toughened up on boat arrivals, but not the extent that the Abbott government did.

Is that so! But, but, but, the royal family, as in the Queen, is the upholder of the church of England!

I think this is more of a ceremonial function. There are Bishops who sit (or sometime sleep) in the house of Lords. As for the Royal family we still prefer this to a president.

I'm saying you have a piss-poor understanding of the method by which Australia stopped the arrival of boat people.

Abbott did 'prescribe' a 'correct manner in which to enter Australia'; the legal status of boat people has not changed in decades. The Abbott Government merely elevated the level of cruelty with which boat people are treated in order to deter other asylum seekers from making the journey.

I don't take your point. The Queen is 'governor' of the C of E, which means nothing whatever, and that Church is not established in this Country, Scotland or Northern Ireland. Only a crank gets worked up about antiquities in that way. It is like this weird ranting about London buses, 'icons', apparently, in colonial conventicles! :)

I think this is more of a ceremonial function. There are Bishops who sit (or sometime sleep) in the house of Lords. As for the Royal family we still prefer this to a president.

Because having a politician as Head of State means steady outpourings of spite from the other side, especially if, in a racist society, he happens to be 'black'. When I imagine President Thatcher or President Wilson I understand why Americans are so desperate to strut around with bang-bangs, like Sicilian bandits.

Because having a politician as Head of State means steady outpourings of spite from the other side, especially if, in a racist society, he happens to be 'black'. When I imagine President Thatcher or President Wilson I understand why Americans are so desperate to strut around with bang-bangs, like Sicilian bandits.

In Private Eye Magazine, there was a strip cartoon where Thatcher was called Herr Thatchler. A lot of Americans don't need encouragement to strut around with guns.

Back
Top Bottom