• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

I'll just say my governor is a moron and leave it at that.
He isn't a moron, he is a capable fascist... a Trump like mindset, but with political savvy.

Seems you and I have different usages for the word moron. A person who is smart enough to do the wrong thing in a way that they get away with or succeed at it is no less doing the wrong thing than someone dumb doing it and getting caught. And doing the wrong thing in and of itself is a stupid and moronic thing to do. Kapeesh?
Moron is someone that is stupid.

You seem to be conflating criminal and moron together. DeSantis is not stupid.
Right. DeSatan is evil.

Talking heads are saying this is good news for Trump, that he was hoping for this! Campaign donations have been slow; this should perk them up. If the only crime is misplacing documents — comparable perhaps to an overdue library book — DoJ and the Ds will look like vindictive prigs and Trump's re-election chance will soar.

And if there were an incriminating document, might not Trump have been smart enough to burn it or hide it? How much evidence is needed anyway? To me, he's already clearly guilty of treason and other felonies, but QOPAnoners don't care.

At first the search warrant seemed like happy news, but I'm not optimistic. Only a dead teen-age girl could sway the base and I didn't hear that the FBI was digging up the grounds at Mar-a-Lago.
I don't think a dead teen girl would sway his base. They hate women.

And it turns out to have been an inside job!

It was you, Fredo...

The raid on Mar-a-Lago was based largely on information from an FBI confidential human source, one who was able to identify what classified documents former President Trump was still hiding and even the location of those documents, two senior government officials told Newsweek.

And it turns out to have been an inside job!

It was you, Fredo...

The raid on Mar-a-Lago was based largely on information from an FBI confidential human source, one who was able to identify what classified documents former President Trump was still hiding and even the location of those documents, two senior government officials told Newsweek.
15 boxes of documents were previously retrieved. Another twelve were gotten through this search warrant. There's gotta be some juicy stuff in those last boxes. Trump's blackmail material?

The Trump appointed judge who signed the warrant is having his life threatened online. This caused his information online to be removed.

Conservative The New York Post, is already attacking the judge with a biased headline:

Judge who OK’d Mar-a-Lago raid Obama donor once linked to Jeffrey Epstein

He donated to Obama in 2008 but also donated to GOP candidates like GWB. His link to Epstein was representing some of Epstein's employees, two of whom were granted immunity for their testimony against Epstein.

The Trump appointed judge who signed the warrant is having his life threatened online. This caused his information online to be removed.

Conservative The New York Post, is already attacking the judge with a biased headline:

Judge who OK’d Mar-a-Lago raid Obama donor once linked to Jeffrey Epstein

He donated to Obama in 2008 but also donated to GOP candidates like GWB. His link to Epstein was representing some of Epstein's employees, two of whom were granted immunity for their testimony against Epstein.
He wasn't apponted by Trump. He is a magistrate.

Reactions: SLD
Someone needs to start the rumor that it was a Trump-appointed judge who signed the warrant. Don't name them, so the "lock and loadies" have to go out and take their "second amendment solution" to ALL the Trump judges.
I dunno... just having a hard time seeing the action plan for these fascist rebels. What do they plan to do? Randomly shoot every non white and every white suspected of being a democrat? Mad Max movie or what?
I’m pretty sure it WAS a Trump appointed judge. Either way, that rumor is out there already.

What do they plan to do? Randomly shoot every non white and every white suspected of being a democrat?
That's ridiculous. They won't do it randomly. Fascists love order.
Fascists like to foment disorder and participate in it, until they have grabbed power, waving a pledge to bring order to a disorderly society.
This may mean some purging of the ranks.

I agree that this makes the FBI appear political to the ignorants who don’t know what is required for this sort of thing to take place. The FBI was surely aware of the blowback the move would cause, which is all the more reason to think this is serious.
Considering all the partison and biased media today, aren't all of us pretty much in the ignorant camp now? Sure, you might believe you are safely on the side knowing it all....but really, how do you really know first hand what takes place inside the FBI workings? And how do you really know what the Biden administration is doing or not doing in the middle of this?

As far as blowback....it sure did not stop Comey at all. He got plenty from both Hillary AND Trump. The only history we know about blowback and the FBI is that they really do not seem to give a shit whether any comes their way or not.

I agree that this makes the FBI appear political to the ignorants who don’t know what is required for this sort of thing to take place. The FBI was surely aware of the blowback the move would cause, which is all the more reason to think this is serious.
Considering all the partison and biased media today, aren't all of us pretty much in the ignorant camp now? Sure, you might believe you are safely on the side knowing it all....but really, how do you really know first hand what takes place inside the FBI workings? How do you really know what the Biden administration is doing or not doing in the middle for this?

As far as blowback....it sure did not stop Comey at all. He got plenty from both Hillary AND Trump.
No. For me, and I expect many others, the media is not the primary source. It's the first source, in some cases, but not primary. Most of us, when confronted with some issue of politics or national significance, instead seek more information from more primary sources.

Sometimes that means looking at other media and comparing polemics, sometimes that means looking at the sources of information provided and reading those instead, sometimes it means digging into facts.

How do we know what an administration is or isn't doing? Public. Fucking. Records.

You know, exactly the kind that Trump deleted and flushed down toilets.

If you want to know who is committing crimes in government, look for who is destroying, stealing, and hiding public records.

Considering all the partison and biased media today, aren't all of us pretty much in the ignorant camp now? Sure, you might believe you are safely on the side knowing it all....but really, how do you really know first hand what takes place inside the FBI workings? How do you really know what the Biden administration is doing or not doing in the middle for this?

As far as blowback....it sure did not stop Comey at all. He got plenty from both Hillary AND Trump.
No. For me, and I expect many others, the media is not the primary source. It's the first source, in some cases, but not primary. Most of us, when confronted with some issue of politics or national significance, instead seek more information from more primary sources.

Sometimes that means looking at other media and comparing polemics, sometimes that means looking at the sources of information provided and reading those instead, sometimes it means digging into facts.

How do we know what an administration is or isn't doing? Public. Fucking. Records.

If you want to know who is committing crimes in government, look for who is destroying, stealing, and hiding public records.
Like hammers to email hard drives....

If Trump did do some bad things he would have learned it well from his political predecessors.

Like hammers to email hard drives....
And I will reference that the fact that you are talking about a specific target rather than generalizing and evenly and dispassionately following all threads of the general case makes me hear little more than a stream of bad faith obfuscations.

I know this is off topic but I saw a tweet yesterday comparing DT to Nelson Mandela. Really? Where do people come up with this crap?

Donald Trump is worried he may have a rat — or multiple rats — in his midst. He’s wondering if his phones are tapped, or even if one of his buddies could be “wearing a wire.”

As the federal and state investigations into Trump and his orbit swell, so have the former president’s suspicions, according to two sources familiar with the matter and another two people close to the twice-impeached former Oval Office occupant.

This summer, Trump has asked close associates if they think his communications are being monitored by the feds, or — per his phrasing — “by Biden.” As a source close to Trump describes it to Rolling Stone: “He has asked me and others, ‘Do you think our phones are tapped?’ Given the sheer volume of investigations going on into the [former] president, I do not think he’s assuming anything is outside the realm of possibility.”

Back
Top Bottom