• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

New York Times correspondent and CNN analyst Maggie Haberman has dropped a new scoop: former President Donald Trump wanted to barter the documents he took to Mar-a-Lago for the FBI’s files on the Trump/Russia investigation.

Haberman has been making the rounds to promote the release of her controversial but much-buzzed-about book Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America.

But she has also found time to drop scoop after scoop about the Justice Department’s investigation of Trump for crimes involving the Espionage Act after thousands of documents — some bearing classified markings — were seized from his home in August.

On Saturday, Haberman and Michael Schmidt dropped a new one, reporting that Trump effectively wanted to use the Mar-a-Lago documents as hostages — to procure other secret documents:

Mr. Trump, still determined to show he had been wronged by the F.B.I. investigation into his 2016 campaign’s ties to Russia, was angry with the National Archives and Records Administration for its unwillingness to hand over a batch of sensitive documents that he thought proved his claims.

In exchange for those documents, Mr. Trump told advisers, he would return to the National Archives the boxes of material he had taken to Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Fla.

I read a rumor that he had something much worse than nuclear documents in his possession, something so dangerous that the government took the unprecedented step of sending the FBI to raid his residence.

The rumor said he had the Epstein client list, and was going to drop it should he lose in '24.

If true, this is certainly more dangerous to those in power than any mere nuclear documents
A rumor. Like how you read a "rumor" but just let it lay there, passive aggressively.

I know, it must be hard to realize, Trump is a fucking con artist.
Yeah but the Democrats are as bad or worse.... (ironic not sincere)
Your response makes no sense. (sincere)
I'm sorry for your irony impairment. Helpful hint: It means the opposite of what was actually said or typed.
It still makes no sense, because your post was a reply to mine yet also has absolutely no relation to mine.
I know that’s what you believe. I cannot understand it for you.
You can't make it understandable for anyone.
Cool
But the Demolicans and the Republicrats are just as bad or worse.

If we need to debate deep nested barbs of repartee it would behoove to quote in entirety.
I'm just munching popcorn in the bleachers, but have edited the above excerpt and expanded the nesting hoping to help other fans engrossed in this dialog.
Some guy saying it out loud:

The irony was that Toni believed someone would say "both sides" (citing "ironic"), and Jason said that made no sense, and then later in the comment chain reified Toni's ironic statement with a stupid "both sides" argument.

There is a pot that wants its argument back.

Also, are you just resorting to harassment posting now?
Like, I understood Toni's argument so Jason's claim is without basis. How hard is that?
Suuure you could.
Yes I sure could, to the point where I explained it here:
I read a rumor that he had something much worse than nuclear documents in his possession, something so dangerous that the government took the unprecedented step of sending the FBI to raid his residence.

The rumor said he had the Epstein client list, and was going to drop it should he lose in '24.

If true, this is certainly more dangerous to those in power than any mere nuclear documents
A rumor. Like how you read a "rumor" but just let it lay there, passive aggressively.

I'm sorry for your irony impairment. Helpful hint: It means the opposite of what was actually said or typed.
It still makes no sense, because your post was a reply to mine yet also has absolutely no relation to mine.
Cool

If we need to debate deep nested barbs of repartee it would behoove to quote in entirety.
I'm just munching popcorn in the bleachers, but have edited the above excerpt and expanded the nesting hoping to help other fans engrossed in this dialog.

The irony was that Toni believed someone would say "both sides" (citing "ironic"), and Jason said that made no sense, and then later in the comment chain reified Toni's ironic statement with a stupid "both sides" argument.
I have yet to see @Toni chime in on this one, but I'm a patient person.

Meanwhile @Jason Harvestdancer takes a page out of Cuphead and Doubles Down!

"Its MINE, my precious."
Did the box contain pictures of himself?
You know...in a lot of ways Trump is like Gollum.

He found - almost by accident - a "magic ring" which gave him unspeakable power that was beyond his ability to understand. He used it to rule what he could see around him, but to him it was just a shiny trinket.

When it was taken from him - by someone he never expected - he screamed "my precious!!!" and set about trying to get it back by any means necessary.

The difference is that Gollum is a pitiable creature. A victim of forces beyond his ken that - in the end - you can feel some pity for. Trump isn't that.

"Its MINE, my precious."

He found - almost by accident - a "magic ring" which gave him unspeakable power that was beyond his ability to understand. He used it to rule what he could see around him, but to him it was just a shiny trinket.

When it was taken from him - by someone he never expected - he screamed "my precious!!!" and set about trying to get it back by any means necessary.

The difference is that Gollum is a pitiable creature. A victim of forces beyond his ken that - in the end - you can feel some pity for. Trump isn't that.
Perfect analogy.

"Its MINE, my precious."

Perfect analogy.
For it to be perfect the endings have to be identical.

I'm strangely comfortable with that.

"Its MINE, my precious."

Perfect analogy.

I'd prefer a meat grinder... a very slow meat grinder.

"Its MINE, my precious."

Perfect analogy.

I'd prefer a meat grinder... a very slow meat grinder.
More of a Sweeny Todd kinda guy then?

Trump claims Obama and Bush took millions of documents with them.

There is a pot that wants its argument back.

Also, are you just resorting to harassment posting now?
Like, I understood Toni's argument so Jason's claim is without basis. How hard is that?
Suuure you could.
Yes I sure could, to the point where I explained it here:

Cool

I have yet to see @Toni chime in on this one, but I'm a patient person.

Meanwhile @Jason Harvestdancer takes a page out of Cuphead and Doubles Down!
I chimed in upthread but honestly, either JasonHarvestdancer doesn't get it and never will or he is pretending to get it and never will cop to it and I don't care either way. I wrote an offhand comment and unintentionally it became its own controversy. I'm not sure why that happens. I am not intentionally provocative. I'm actually rather boring and perfectly satisfied with that. So for me it's just a big shoulder shrug and move on to something more interesting or productive--i.e. anything else.

The email exchange between GSA officials and Harrison is one of more than 100 pages of emails and documents newly released by the GSA that debunk claims from Trump and his allies that the government agency is to blame for packing the boxes containing classified documents that were later recovered by the FBI during the search of his Mar-a-Lago resort in August.

The newly released emails also provide new details underscoring the rushed, chaotic nature of Trump's transition after he spent two months exhausting numerous avenues trying to overturn the 2020 election.

The emails make clear that the boxes had already been packed and sat shrink-wrapped in an empty office space in Arlington, Virginia, as GSA officials planned logistics to ship the five pallets of boxes -- including 30 banker boxes similar to those recovered by the FBI at Mar-a-Lago -- to Florida.

The released communications, which were first reported by Bloomberg News, outline how boxes, including 1,400 pounds of "document boxes," travelled from the White House to Florida, from inventories of the purchase of boxes and shipping materials to photos of the new office space Trump's team would inhabit.

Bobb, who was Trump’s custodian of record at the time, did not draft the statement, according to the three sources who do not want to comment publicly because of the sensitive nature of the sprawling federal investigation.

Instead, Trump’s lead lawyer in the case at the time, Evan Corcoran, drafted it and told her to sign it, Bobb told investigators according to the sources. Bobb also spoke to investigators about Trump legal adviser Boris Epshteyn, who she said did not help draft the statement but was minimally involved in discussions about the records, according to the sources.

Epshteyn’s cellphone was seized last month by the FBI, according to a New York Times report, citing sources familiar with the matter. Two sources confirmed to NBC News that his phone was seized.

Bobb did not return messages seeking comment, nor did Corcoran. The Justice Department did not comment.
Sounds like they were setting her up to be the fall guy.

Back
Top Bottom