• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

I get the whole wanting to take a cover letter/folder thing with the classification markings. But Human intel? That'd be illegal for Trump to hold onto in a secure safe inside an even more secure safe. And he had it in his hotel/golf course.

That'd be illegal for Trump to hold onto in a secure safe inside an even more secure safe.

"But when the President does it, that means it's not illegal."

(Richard M. Nixon)

It is truly mind-blowing. Nixon was undone in part because he didn't seem until it was too late that having his conversations recorded on tape might be a bad thing.

The law was changed to make sure that shit never happened again, but Trump didn't seem to grasp the whole "Presidential Records Act" thing.

That's a bit like someone watching Bud Fox get busted for insider trading in Oliver Stone's movie "Wall Street" and thinking "so...Charlie Sheen's character was the villain? I don't get it."

I believe the PRA thing is more a formality and I don't believe is remotely being used to justify criminal charges. Trump was in possession of what appears to range from 'kind of secret' to 'pretty fucking secret'.

There was so much BS'ing about the email server and it not being secure from the GOP. Yet, Trump had hard copies of this stuff lying about "hidden" (not locked away) in his golf resort. And if the US Government was looking for it, other foreign Intel Agencies were looking for it, where plopping in an agent to be a custodian would provide access to these 'hidden' areas. At best, it was incompetent pride.

A less redacted version of the affidavit, was release today. Apparently there were classified files containing HCS, SI, and FISA.

HCS - human sources - spies and such
SI - signal intercepts
FISA - domestic surveillance and wiretaps related to counterintelligence

horrifying.
Moscow Already 'Studying' Top-Secret Records From Trump Raid: Russian Media

Possibly (likely?) not true, but I do wonder about the purpose of saying so.
They are trolling. If it were true, I'd presume they'd likely never say it because they wouldn't want the CIA pouring through Trump's past to find the tentacles that led up to this. If they wanted to demonstrate they actually were in possession, they could rifle off a couple headers from the intel. That would cause a ripple of fear to tear through the US's intelligence organizations.

So just blurting some nonsense on the TV is silly and trolling. Barely more influential than barbos boasting a post claiming the Russians already had the docs.

They are trolling.
That’s what they WANT you to think.
How better to preserve their mole, while assuring the CIA they haven’t gotten copies of all the stuff Trump stole?

Honestly, I would assign equal probability to both possibilities.
That is what you want us to think because you are a quintuple spy for Russia.... or maybe its the US? It simply got too convoluted and you can't remember anymore.

They are trolling.
How better to preserve their mole, while assuring the CIA they haven’t gotten copies of all the stuff Trump stole?

That is what you want us to think because you are a quintuple spy for Russia.... or maybe its the US? It simply got too convoluted and you can't remember anymore.
Ok, I admit it. That is in fact what I wanted you to think that I thought I wanted you to think. And it might be so. Nobody really knows, least of all me.

“We are now officially living in a Weaponized Police State, Rigged Elections, and all. Our Country is a laughing stock all over the World. The majesty of the United States is gone. Can’t let this happen. TAKE BACK AMERICA!”

“We are now officially living in a Weaponized Police State, Rigged Elections, and all. Our Country is a laughing stock all over the World. The majesty of the United States is gone. Can’t let this happen. TAKE BACK AMERICA!”
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Someone please give this child a clean diaper.

And by "majesty" he means "why can't I be called Your Majesty?"

They are trolling.

Ok, I admit it. That is in fact what I wanted you to think that I thought I wanted you to think. And it might be so. Nobody really knows, least of all me.
Reminds me of the coffee mug one of my colleagues at IBM had. He did a lot of defence and government work, and his cup said: "Due to the confidentially requirements of my job, I have no idea what I am doing".

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Someone please give this child a clean diaper.
Considering the context, I'd rather give the fucker a pillow and help him take his "nap".

Oblivious to US History, former President Donald Trump suggests, on the Hugh Hewitt Show, that an indictment against him could lead to "problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before."

Civil War, backlashes against Unions, Nat Turner Revolt, Shay's Rebellion, Kent State, Harper's Ferry, Bleeding Kansas, Tulsa Race Riots...

...we've seen violence in this country before. Just not because of a orange painted baboon. January 6th was unprecedented not because people died.

Oblivious to US History, former President Donald Trump suggests, on the Hugh Hewitt Show, that an indictment against him could lead to "problems in this country the likes of which perhaps we’ve never seen before."

Civil War, backlashes against Unions, Nat Turner Revolt, Shay's Rebellion, Kent State, Harper's Ferry, Bleeding Kansas, Tulsa Race Riots...

...we've seen violence in this country before. Just not because of a orange painted baboon. January 6th was unprecedented not because people died.

It is hard to believe that all of this right wing smack talk is expected to deter prosecutions, but I do think that Trump and his band of sycophants perceive Garland and the Biden administration generally as weak and susceptible to bullying. That doesn't seem to be the case, but, if they were, they are also getting smack talk from the their own political base over their failure to act quickly and strongly enough. Who is the administration more afraid of pissing off? MAGA Republicans or their own voters? It seems more likely to me that this kind of rhetoric is directed solely at Trump's own base of support, who respond well to the idea that they can threaten and bully the authorities into dropping the investigation. The MAGA crowd haven't been in touch with reality for a very long time, and Trump depends on their gullibility to maintain control over them.

Federal Judge makes persuasive argument for her impeachment.

article said:
A federal judge said she could not accept the Justice Department's claim that Donald Trump does not "have a possessory interest" in some documents that were seized from Mar-a-Lago just because they're classified government records without further review by a third party.
:oops:

article said:
"The Court does not find it appropriate to accept the Government's conclusions on these important and disputed issues without further review by a neutral third party in an expedited and orderly fashion," Cannon wrote.

Raymond Dearie, a former Chief Judge of the US District Court for the Eastern District Court of New York, was appointed to be the third-party reviewer. Cannon has given a deadline of November 30 to complete the review.

In her decision, Cannon, who was appointed by Trump, also wrote that she couldn't accept the Justice Department's argument that Trump doesn't have a "plausible claim of privilege" of the classified documents without a third-party review.
Isn't SHE supposed to be the third-party?! Why is another judge needed to determine whether a secret document is privileged? She seems, at best, to be incompetent.

Back
Top Bottom