• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mar-a-Largo raided by FBI?

Christina Bobb, Trump's lawyer who in her capacity as a lawyer signed in lawyery fashion that Trump had returned all the documents whilst representing Trump as his lawyer and then went on to numerous reich wing networks claiming to be Trump's lawyer in this is now saying she was never Trump's lawyer.

Timestamped at the video were she says that.

To be fair she seemed to be saying that she was never on his legal team working on the election issues.

To be fair she seemed to be saying that she was never on his legal team working on the election issues.

Agreed. Which leads to a few more obvious questions;

Why didn't you correct any of the networks you were on in the last month and a bit?
Why were you answering questions on something you claim you weren't a part of?
Why did you sign off on something, which could quite literally put your legal career in jeopardy, if you weren't a party to it and had no way of verifying if what you claimed was accurate?

That's off the top of my head, I'm sure actual lawyers/prosecutors/FBI investigators can think of a few more.

Newest addition to Trump’s legal team sidelined in Mar-a-Lago search case

The newest addition to former President Donald Trump’s legal team, Chris Kise, has been sidelined from the Mar-a-Lago documents investigation less than a month after he was brought on to represent Trump in the matter, two sources familiar with the move tell CNN.

Kise is expected to remain on Trump’s legal team but is not leading the work related to the federal government’s investigation into how the former President handled 11,000 documents seized from his Florida home in August following a lengthy effort by the government to retrieve them. The reason for the shift in Kise’s role remains unclear and he may instead focus his efforts on the other investigations Trump is facing, which range from his business practices to the January 6 insurrection.

The move is notable given Kise, the former solicitor general for Florida, was brought on to the team after a weeks-long search and struggle to find someone willing to take on the case who was also experienced in Florida law. The legal strategy for fighting the Justice Department following the August seizure of over 100 documents marked as classified was also in disarray.

Kise’s hiring came with an unusual price tag of $3 million, paid for by Trump’s outside spending arm. The retainer fee, paid upfront, raised eyebrows among other lawyers on Trump’s team, given the former President has a developed a reputation for not paying his legal fees.

His sidelining will likely be read as another setback for Trump as he faces multiple investigations.

I think it is clear now that there is now that since Trump had nuclear secrets and was going to sell them to Russia, it is time to take a hard line on Trump and his supporters. Thank you Jimmy for explaining that part to me about what Trump had in his possession and his intention.

We need to give Biden emergency powers to deal with the whole MAGA movement.

They need to be removed from society. First thing would be hearings to determine if a suspect has ever supported Trump. Those who have should be sent away to be reeducated. Those who can be rehabilitated can eventually be readmitted to society. The rest, well, there is no hope for them and they should be eliminated.

I think it is clear now that there is now that since Trump had nuclear secrets and was going to sell them to Russia, it is time to take a hard line on Trump and his supporters. Thank you Jimmy for explaining that part to me about what Trump had in his possession and his intention.

They need to be removed from society. First thing would be hearings to determine if a suspect has ever supported Trump. Those who have should be sent away to be reeducated. Those who can be rehabilitated can eventually be readmitted to society. The rest, well, there is no hope for them and they should be eliminated.
I agree. 100%. Your tribe is a fucking cancer to humanity.

My tribe? You've got to be kidding me.

Lets get back on topic and off the intentional derail.

Judge Cannon... maybe upset at how the Eleventh District thoroughly torn her ruling down, in a stay of the decision... got a bit uppity in her latest ruling and instruction to Special Master Dearie... after Trump's lawyers (who nominated Dearie to be Special Master), didn't like to be instructed to put some stuff down in writing.

Of course, the tiny issue here is that the Justice Department probably doesn't give a flip about the remaining documents as the 11th gave them permission to flip Cannon the bird on the classified documents.

Lets get back on topic and off the intentional derail.

Judge Cannon... maybe upset at how the Eleventh District thoroughly torn her ruling down, in a stay of the decision... got a bit uppity in her latest ruling and instruction to Special Master Dearie... after Trump's lawyers (who nominated Dearie to be Special Master), didn't like to be instructed to put some stuff down in writing.

Of course, the tiny issue here is that the Justice Department probably doesn't give a flip about the remaining documents as the 11th gave them permission to flip Cannon the bird on the classified documents.
So the "Loose Cannon" ruling is a tempest in a teapot.

Loose Cannon is now apparently lending ear to formal arguments that the evidence was planted.

According to court documents filed Tuesday, the department asked the special master Raymond Dearie for an additional day to turn over nonclassified documents in the investigation. Federal prosecutors said they needed until Wednesday because none of the five vendors they suggested to digitize the cache of documents "were willing to be engaged by Plaintiff."

"Plaintiff informed us this morning that none of the five document-review vendors proposed by the government before last Tuesday's preliminary conference were willing to be engaged by Plaintiff," Justice Department lawyers said in the filing. "To avoid further delay in the vendor's scanning and processing of the Seized Materials (defined to exclude 'documents bearing classification markings'), the government issued a request for a task order this afternoon with a deadline of tomorrow (Wednesday, September 28, 2022) at noon."

Prosecutors said they'd be willing to engage the vendors, adding: "The government is highly confident at least one vendor will respond."

They added that Trump should be expected to pay for the process and they estimated that between the selection of a vendor and scanning of the files, the turnover could be concluded by October 7.
So basically the DOJ will hire the vendor and bill the Trump team.

According to court documents filed Tuesday, the department asked the special master Raymond Dearie for an additional day to turn over nonclassified documents in the investigation. Federal prosecutors said they needed until Wednesday because none of the five vendors they suggested to digitize the cache of documents "were willing to be engaged by Plaintiff."

"Plaintiff informed us this morning that none of the five document-review vendors proposed by the government before last Tuesday's preliminary conference were willing to be engaged by Plaintiff," Justice Department lawyers said in the filing. "To avoid further delay in the vendor's scanning and processing of the Seized Materials (defined to exclude 'documents bearing classification markings'), the government issued a request for a task order this afternoon with a deadline of tomorrow (Wednesday, September 28, 2022) at noon."

Prosecutors said they'd be willing to engage the vendors, adding: "The government is highly confident at least one vendor will respond."

They added that Trump should be expected to pay for the process and they estimated that between the selection of a vendor and scanning of the files, the turnover could be concluded by October 7.
So basically the DOJ will hire the vendor and bill the Trump team.
So basically …. We’re going to front him the money and hope to get paid back?
Fat chance.

So basically …. We’re going to front him the money and hope to get paid back?
Fat chance.
Wouldn't the courts step in? I mean Trump's strategy has always been to litigate until the other side runs out of steam. It's just that this time the DOJ is an entity with a significant warchest. I'm not sure his usual method is going to work this time.

Are they actually admitting they have more documents?

No, it sounds like an opening for Cannon to scold the DoJ for "lying" about how many documents they took.

Also, 200,000 pages? A packet of printer paper is 500 pages... and are sold in 10 pack boxes. So 400 reams, or 40 printer paper boxes.

And that is tightly packed paper, not loose documents. How many boxes would have been removed for that?! Is it even legitimate to say that the golf course had 200,000 pages in it to begin with?

No, it sounds like an opening for Cannon to scold the DoJ for "lying" about how many documents they took.

You’re expecting the trumpsucker judge to accuse DOJ of failing to list stuff they seized on the receipt? That sounds pretty risky.

You’re expecting the trumpsucker judge to accuse DOJ of failing to list stuff they seized on the receipt? That sounds pretty risky.

It is a red herring to "expose" some minor and irrelevant issue.

*FBI recounts.*
DoJ: It was 11,012 instead of 11,003, but that is now including used hamburger wrappers, which accounts for 50% of the new docs.
Judge Cannon: You lied! You can't look at the classified docs again.
DoJ: Hamburger wrappers.
Judge Cannon: Well, I'm going to make a convoluted ruling that'll leave most justices scratching their head and the 11th Court of Appeals will stay and reverse it in a scathing ruling... but until then, I'm ordering the entire DoJ to go to prison via my analysis and use of shoddy legal references and misquotes. I start out quoting Tucker Carlson...

Cannon's latest thing with the Special Master really eliminated any attempt for this to look professional and judicial and she was doing her best to make certain this unprecedented situation was absolutely clean. Her earlier rulings already had exposed her of favoritism or incompetence.

1. Trump got caught with classified material, some folders n a desk were empty.
2. Trump is udsig his usual legal and propaganda tactics.
3. Pundits say the government may not be able to male a legal case.
4. Trump might beat the rap.

1. Trump got caught with classified material, some folders n a desk were empty.
2. Trump is udsig his usual legal and propaganda tactics.
3. Pundits say the government may not be able to male a legal case.
4. Trump might beat the rap.
While a certain number of these documents might not be easy to make a case for, there are human asset documents he was in possession of that included nuclear related information. That stuff falls under a different law, and mere possession is convictable. The trouble the Government has is that some of the other documents, they'd need to show intent to steal. The nuclear docs, he doesn't have that cover.

Back
Top Bottom