• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Michael Brown Shooting and Aftermath

I dont think this "racial" stuff should be in the law, we are intimidated by these type of people for good reason. Murder is murder. There is no "Racial murder".

The racial stuff belongs in the law. It's a matter of the risk of doing it again. Consider:

A) A 90 year old who mercy-kills his wife and then turns the gun on himself but it doesn't work.

B) A KKKer who decides to put his beliefs into effect and kills a convenient black.

Which is a greater threat to society? Which is more subject to deterring?

(Reality: A got probation.)

Murder is murder!

And law is about protecting society. So if a murder happens but there is little to no further risk to society, the restraint upon the person has different needs.

Unless you think the law is about "punishment" and "justice against them" and "an eye for an eye" and "vengeance" in which case I don't agree that murder is murder, and probably don't agree with you on much of anything at all in terms of law. Punishment and vengeance are worthless and counter-effective. They have no place in a society.

A murderer is always a risk to society. Whatever the circumstances are. And i can agree to some sort on your punishment and vengeance view.

A murderer is always a risk to society. Whatever the circumstances are. And i can agree to some sort on your punishment and vengeance view.

I would disagree. The example given as "A" is the kind of case where there really is no further risk to society and we all know it.

I didn't say that every killing is murder. I said "murder is murder".

Which doesn't really contribute anything to the discussion. A tautology makes a fine rhetorical flourish when emphasis is needed, but when that's the whole statement, you've actually said nothing.

You think the 90 year old man above is a threat to society?

He's going to be in a position to mercy-kill another spouse??

The court correctly decided that he posed no threat and deterrence of copycats is meaningless as he intended suicide--you can't punish the dead.

You think the 90 year old man above is a threat to society?

He's going to be in a position to mercy-kill another spouse??

The court correctly decided that he posed no threat and deterrence of copycats is meaningless as he intended suicide--you can't punish the dead.
This is one of these times when I wish I could reach through my screen and give you a hug, Loren!

Update: forensic evidence has been released that proves Michael Brown was initially shot within the police car. He got his blood onto the door panel, the gun and even Wilson's uniform.
Michael Brown's blood found on gun and officer's uniform: reports
The article also says that Brown punched and scratched the police officer.
One problem. How does Brown's blood get on the gun? To me, this always implied that while the gun was holstered.

The claim is that Brown went for the officer's gun, which forced the officer to shoot Brown. But the blood gets on the gun at what point?

The evidence presented demonstrates Brown's proximity to the police car.

The additional evidence disputes that Brown then charged back at the officer, rather he staggered. So, it is possible the first shots could have been legitimate, while the last shots were not. The guy has a bullet wound in his arm. Surely the officer can evade him.

Update: forensic evidence has been released that proves Michael Brown was initially shot within the police car. He got his blood onto the door panel, the gun and even Wilson's uniform.
One problem. How does Brown's blood get on the gun? To me, this always implied that while the gun was holstered.

The claim is that Brown went for the officer's gun, which forced the officer to shoot Brown. But the blood gets on the gun at what point?

The additional evidence disputes that Brown then charged back at the officer, rather he staggered. So, it is possible the first shots could have been legitimate, while the last shots were not. The guy has a bullet wound in his arm. Surely the officer can evade him.

I would guess the cop fired at pretty much point-blank range in the truck and Brown's blood splattered back towards the cop.

When were the reports from the fist shots heard? Did the witnesses hear them and then look, or were they watching the entire events ?

You get blood on the gun by firing a shot at very close range--while struggling in the car.

You get blood on the gun by firing a shot at very close range--while struggling in the car.
See, here is my problem. The guy attacks the officer while in the car, he tries to get the officer's gun. Officer gets his gun and fires at the attacking man. All in the close and comfy confines of the police car?

Loren: Have you ever been walking down the street completely unarmed, saw a police car and attacked it? Would you even begin to imagine doing that yourself? Why do you think somebody else would consider doing that? Do you really believe black people are that suicidal? Do you really believe that the cops could not have taken him into custody without killing him? I think the easily could do so. No weapon. How did the cops allow the guy to get inside the car? Their story makes no sense.:thinking:

Something I stole from someone smarter than me:

Ten questions and a few more.

10. Did you tell Mike Brown & Dorian Johnson to "get the fuck on the sidewalk"?

9. When you pulled away, since your chief said you didn't know about the store incident, why did you reverse your SUV to confront them?

8. When you recklessly reversed your SUV to confront Mike & Dorian, 4 people saw & heard your tires screech & nearly hit the teens. Why?

7. If you did not know about the store incident, why exactly did you open the door of your SUV to confront the teens?

6. Did you believe that Mike Brown was armed?

5. After you shot Mike Brown through your SUV window, he fled over 100 feet, did you still feel threatened while you chased him?

4. 6 eyewitnesses saw you take 6 shots at the back of Mike Brown. Was your intention to arrest or kill him with those shots?

3. Did you believe Mike Brown was hit again when his body jerked & he turned around after your 8th shot at him?

2. 6 eyewitnesses saw Mike Brown lift his hands & verbally surrender to you. How did you interpret these actions?

1. Before you fired 2 fatal shots into Mike Brown's head, he had been shot 4 times by you. Did you still believe him to be a threat then?

5 BONUS QUESTIONS for Darren Wilson and his legal defense team.

5. You told federal investigators that you were punched & scratched repeatedly by Mike Brown. Why did you not see ANY of the on-scene medics?

4. You claim that Mike Brown "went" for your gun. Was this after it was drawn within inches of his face?

3. Why did you not radio in to dispatch after you shot & killed Mike Brown? Who were the first 3 people you called and why?

2. When you successfully aimed & shot Mike Brown twice in the head w/ your last bullets, is this because you had no intention to arrest him?

Last question...

1. Who first told you not to create a report the day you killed Mike Brown and why did they tell you not to create a report?

Loren: Have you ever been walking down the street completely unarmed, saw a police car and attacked it? Would you even begin to imagine doing that yourself? Why do you think somebody else would consider doing that? Do you really believe black people are that suicidal? Do you really believe that the cops could not have taken him into custody without killing him? I think the easily could do so. No weapon. How did the cops allow the guy to get inside the car? Their story makes no sense.:thinking:
arkirk, Loren doesn't believe police commit acts of unwarranted violence. If violence happened, it was warranted, hence why the shooting happened.

Back
Top Bottom