• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mike Huckabee Hints at Violence if Trump Loses in 2024

One of the big problems with the current search for insurrectionists is running up against statute of limitations. I think that for such acts, the statute of limitations needs increasing. No escaping punishment for violent acts of insurrection by violent insurrectionists. Zero tolerance and no more wrist slaps. Put the government's cards squarely on the table. Make it plain this will not be tolerated.
Disagree. The whole point of the statute of limitations is that as things get old it becomes harder and harder to prove you didn't do it.

One of the big problems with the current search for insurrectionists is running up against statute of limitations. I think that for such acts, the statute of limitations needs increasing. No escaping punishment for violent acts of insurrection by violent insurrectionists. Zero tolerance and no more wrist slaps. Put the government's cards squarely on the table. Make it plain this will not be tolerated.
Disagree. The whole point of the statute of limitations is that as things get old it becomes harder and harder to prove you didn't do it.
A properly ordered justice system doesn't convict people on the basis that they can't prove that they didn't do it.

As things get old, it becomes harder and harder to prove that you did do it, so your probability of being convicted should be self limiting.

The statutes of limitations are therefore a band-aid response to a major flaw in your system - that contrary to one of its founding principles, suspects are judged to be guilty until proven innocent.

If that's genuinely a widespread problem, statutes of limitations aren't going to fix your fundamentally broken system.

Meanwhile the actual point of statutes of limitations is that people change, and it's unjust to punish someone who isn't the same person who committed the crime.

Twenty year old me might have been a larcenous little shit, but fifty year old me is not, and doesn't deserve to be punished as though I still were. Nor does society benefit from punishing me, if I have reformed myself. And if I haven't reformed, then they can prosecute me for one of my more recent crimes, so prosecuting the old ones isn't particularly necessary in order to bring me to book.

Whether or not I can prove my innocence should NEVER have any bearing on my probability of being convicted. That should rest entirely on the question of whether or not the prosecution can prove my guilt.

The accused doesn’t have the burden of proof.

I just read the entire piece. Project much, Republicans? Just about everything Huklebee said about Biden is more like Trump. Sure, Biden is the corrupt grifter who has been using his political positions to enrich himself./s WTF!

From the mouth of this liar:

“If you are not paying attention, you may not realize that Joe Biden is using exactly those tactics to make sure that Donald Trump is not his opponent in 2024,” Huckabee said.

“This kind of thuggery at tax payer expense isn’t supposed to happen in the United States,” he continued. “No, we’re supposed to be a nation of laws and not a nation of powerful people. But the Biden administration is in full meltdown mode to hide the money laundering, influence peddling and outright bribery that Joe, his son Hunter and their associates have been conducting for well over a decade that has enriched them to the tune of tens of millions of dollars.”
Who believes this shit? It's as if he's talking about Trump but instead is saying Biden's name. Biden should sue Huckie for slander, since there is no evidence of his claims. It appears as if all he's trying to do is tell lies about Biden in hopes of helping Trump. If he really believes this shit, he needs to have his head examined, as we used to say back in the day when someone didn't seem mentally stable.
Who is listening? Donald Trump. Who believes this shit? Only the most deplorable dregs of trumpsucking humanity.
Does he need his head examined? No, he needs to be straightened out; a defamation suit would probably be a good thing. Otherwise he keeps doing this shit in the hope of becoming VP.
Oh, shit. He doesn’t want to be VP. He wants his daughter to be VP. That’s going to cause me to lose sleep.

A properly ordered justice system doesn't convict people on the basis that they can't prove that they didn't do it.

As things get old, it becomes harder and harder to prove that you did do it, so your probability of being convicted should be self limiting.
No, because the prosecution evidence tends to be more persistent. You have the victim identifying the guy--he sticks around. 20 years later, is there any hope the guy can find alibi witnesses to show he wasn't there, it must be mistaken identity? Even if the guy still knows the people involved unless there's some special event involved why would they remember what day they were with him? (And, yes, wildly mistaken identities can happen. A woman is watching TV, rapist comes up behind her, threatens her and tells her not to move. She never actually saw her attacker, what was fixed in her mind as the attacker was the news anchor on the TV.)

The same sort of problem happens with billing. What happens when they are going back through their old records looking for money they are supposedly owed--but by that time you have no proof you paid the bill?

Or what happened to my wife--doc's office messed up, she was scheduled for a follow-up appointment too early. We came to the appointment, were in the room but then the nurse came in and said the doc had no reason to see her that day. Something like a year later this suddenly shows up as a past due bill. It was unusual enough we managed to figure out what had happened and they were then able to look at the file and figure out the doc didn't actually see her. If it hadn't been so unusual could we have proved we didn't owe the money???

The accused doesn’t have the burden of proof.
But if the police have evidence and the accused has no rebuttal they're going to be convicted. Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable but it still gets convictions.

She does have that look of never being happy, but women aren't fond of being told to "smile more", so best to stick with the fact that she is a nobody who is only where she is because of feigned religious beliefs and being the daughter of a Governor who didn't achieve much either, and worked as the professional liar for one of the worst Presidents our nation ever had.

Trump's staffers right now are probably trying their best to convince him not to select a model.

At the risk of pissing off JH again, I'll just say that Miss PHuckleberry is waaaay far from central casting.
My previous offensive comment was more about her inner being - this is not.

At the risk of pissing off JH again, I'll just say that Miss PHuckleberry is waaaay far from central casting.
My previous offensive comment was more about her inner being - this is not.
But the MAGAs love her, and she’s one of the few former F-head employees that is still on his good side. So from that perspective, she is right out of Central Casting. Think Angela Landsbury in ‘The Manchurian Candidate’.

He wants his daughter to be VP.

Miss Piggy?
Oh Lordy, WTF?
Not cool. Plenty of things to ax her with without such references.

I know you have a good point and it's been discussed, but ... In Elixir's defense, Huckabee-Sanders makes weird-ass faces. It seems like every one of her photos could be interpreted as if she is looking at a communist shitting on a police car. Here, take a look:

Her responses to questions aren't much better.

How many right-wingers are thinking of this alternative do you think?
Maybe a lot more than we think, the capitol riot says that. There is undoubtedly foreign influence trying to inflame the situation.

Trump is hell bent on going out in a blaze of glory if he loses..

Back
Top Bottom