• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mike Johnson - Speaker Of The House

It's like the hens made a deal with the fox to protect the henhouse from the pack of rabid wolves that's banging on the door.
Heh …
So, if having Johnson as Speaker keeps the rabid wolves separated from the rest of the pack of scoundrels, maybe it’s best to keep him there rather than unite all of the right wing assholes in opposition to a Democrat.
The way things are going, before too long, Johnson might become a Democrat and give up his silly religious beliefs and become a Unitarian. ;) At least he's starting to understand that bipartisanship is the only way to get things done and it's wrong to listen to the decreasingly small pack of crazies in the House.

I'm not going to blame MTG"s supporters for her. They obviously have no free will. ( Okay. I've been spending too much time reading the free will threads. ) But, ya gotta at least try to understand that the poor white trash who voted for her don't know any better, as they feel as if they've been persecuted by the liberal elites, just like the original poor white trash were persecuted by the British elitists.
( I can't help it the book "Poor White Trash A 400 year history of classicism in America" keeps haunting me. ). 😏

the poor white trash who voted for her don't know any better
That’s why it is our responsibility to disenfranchise them and run over them roughshod. It’s for their own good (and everyone else’s).
There is no level of ignorance that can’t be overcome with a modicum of curiosity and courage, and if they lack that, well, fuck ‘em.

That’s why it is our responsibility to disenfranchise them and run over them roughshod. It’s for their own good (and everyone else’s).
There is no level of ignorance that can’t be overcome with a modicum of curiosity and courage, and if they lack that, well, fuck ‘em.
@southernhybrid I see from your reaction emoji that you find that a shocking attitude? I really don't mean to dehumanize the ignorant trumpsuckers living in the information deserts. In another year, I'd say let them elect the incoherent racist screamer of their choice, and bear the consequences. But this cycle, they represent a threat to the rest of us as well as themselves, and it will be best for all concerned if they and their elected morons are consigned to the losers' bracket and constitute no more than a negligible minority.
I don't mean to literally run over them roughshod or to literally fuck 'em. But I fervently hope that their malevolent voices, having gained way outsized volume in recent years, are stifled by overwhelming rejection of what passes for their philosophy, and relegation of their electees to irrelevance within Congress.

@southernhybrid I see from your reaction emoji that you find that a shocking attitude? I really don't mean to dehumanize the ignorant trumpsuckers living in the information deserts. In another year, I'd say let them elect the incoherent racist screamer of their choice, and bear the consequences. But this cycle, they represent a threat to the rest of us as well as themselves, and it will be best for all concerned if they and their elected morons are consigned to the losers' bracket and constitute no more than a negligible minority.
I don't mean to literally run over them roughshod or to literally fuck 'em. But I fervently hope that their malevolent voices, having gained way outsized volume in recent years, are stifled by overwhelming rejection of what passes for their philosophy, and relegation of their electees to irrelevance within Congress.
Ok. That's better. I don't get why these people vote for the assholes, but I have trump supporters on my street who are very dear, caring people. I just don't get how they can vote for a psychopathic criminal, anymore than I understand how anyone can support MTG, plus most of the money she raises supposedly comes from outside of Georgia. Explain that!

His followers are the outcome of 30+ years of AM radio / cable news propaganda. These people are angry about stuff that isn't real, that has to be fixed (but there isn't anything to do). They are so easy to manipulate. Look at how quickly CRT became a thing. Or transgender issues? Do a media blitz on Fox News, Newsmax, and The Daily Mail and all of a sudden, this is the biggest problem to saddle the US since the Civil War. Murdoch rings a bell, half the GOP base salivates.

I don't think Greene will push to remove Johnson, because she is going to lose that vote. The Democrats will likely support Johnson who decided to do his job for a few moments when it mattered, as opposed to all the stalling previously. It'd also take the wind out of the sales of the sociopathic portion of the right-wing.

Ok. That's better. I don't get why these people vote for the assholes, but I have trump supporters on my street who are very dear, caring people. I just don't get how they can vote for a psychopathic criminal, anymore than I understand how anyone can support MTG, plus most of the money she raises supposedly comes from outside of Georgia. Explain that!
The people I know who are the biggest Orange worshippers are not curious people. They worry about their lives and then slake those fears with religious stupidity which somehow leaves them angry. They're not concerned or even informed about actual issues. Jarhyn posted a link somewhere recently which accounts for their behavior compared to someone who doesn't tend that way. It's a difference in brain structure which leaves them more prone to follow their feelings, not actual information. It's a real difference in our brains.

Back
Top Bottom