• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mirror Universe Caption Contest

Thanks. Can anybody tell me what that animal is?

If you say, "a beagle," I'm sending you to your room.

===

Our next caption is, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

It's a baby possum.

Looks like an adult brush-tailed possum to me. Doesn't look like a juvenile.

I am fairly familiar with them - I once rescued one with a broken leg just outside my house, and helped the RSPCA to catch it, and then release it at the same spot when it had recovered. They are very territorial, so it's vital to release them at the same place they were found.

Its partner was a nightly visitor until it came home - apparently they mate for life, and separation was quite distressing for both them, and me as an observer.

I am fairly familiar with them - I once rescued one with a broken leg just outside my house,

Good thing you didn't have a broken arm. Would have made it hard to pick the little thing up... :cheeky:

Thanks. Can anybody tell me what that animal is?

If you say, "a beagle," I'm sending you to your room.

===

Our next caption is, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

It's a baby possum.

I am fairly familiar with them - I once rescued one with a broken leg just outside my house, and helped the RSPCA to catch it, and then release it at the same spot when it had recovered. They are very territorial, so it's vital to release them at the same place they were found.

Its partner was a nightly visitor until it came home - apparently they mate for life, and separation was quite distressing for both them, and me as an observer.

:p

:p

He's very large for a 'baby'.

[Not a legal entry]

View attachment 20335

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

==========================
Huh. The web site conflated these two posts.

Let me be clear, the above isn't a legal entry, because I entered it and I'm the judge.

What follows, on the other hand, is my legal designation of the winner.
==========================

View attachment 20352

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Winner!

Thank you! Let's try this:

"And that's why we have insurance!"

penguifall.gif

"And that's why we have insurance!"

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/7bfvtK-FiC4[/YOUTUBE]

And that's why we have insurance!

Back
Top Bottom