• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Missing White Blonde Female in News

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
A young attractive white blonde female disappeared recently. An article said her disappearance has "captivated" the United States. I was more thinking, the media is heavily reporting on a missing attractive white blonde female.

Her likely body was found. The groom to be hasn't been making himself available, and it seems extraordinarily unlikely he didn't kill her. So yeah, this is news, but missing people aren't typically isolated to attractive white blonde females.

I'm glad I'm seeing this message flooding social media this past week. Gabby deserves every bit of attention and concern and love she has received, but so do other missing people, particularly women and girls of color, who are lucky to even get a mention in news media. This is being pointed out all over social media and regular media needs to fucking step up already.

A young attractive white blonde female disappeared recently. An article said her disappearance has "captivated" the United States. I was more thinking, the media is heavily reporting on a missing attractive white blonde female.

Her likely body was found. The groom to be hasn't been making himself available, and it seems extraordinarily unlikely he didn't kill her. So yeah, this is news, but missing people aren't typically isolated to attractive white blonde females.

It's outrageous that they allow these low-class tabloid stories to displace the latest vital news on the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle developments.

If it cost media to be "woke" I do not think they are going play along. M Zuckerburg is only "woke" because he can afford to be "woke" because it costs him nothing. He makes his profits differently by stealing your marketing data.

It's outrageous that they allow these low-class tabloid stories to displace the latest vital news on the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle developments.

If it cost media to be "woke" I do not think they are going play along. M Zuckerburg is only "woke" because he can afford to be "woke" because it costs him nothing. He makes his profits differently by stealing your marketing data.
And they are out for ducks, and a hat trick is looming.

What the media does is based on what their audience does.

This is true.

The audience is the bait. The customers are the advertisers.

This is true.

The audience is the bait. The customers are the advertisers.

Manufacturing Consent 101.

I think the circumstances are what made this one such big news. The fact they were "influencers" and the fact he came back with HER VAN and never said a word to her parents. It's not your 'typical' missing person. That said, I too, wish all missing women were given the same attention.

That said, I too, wish all missing women were given the same attention.
But not missing men?

It's nice to see you concerned about violence done to men. It would be even nicer if you could ever do it in some context that was NOT as a counterpoint to violence done to women.

It would be nice if you were concerned about male rape victims.

It would be nice if you were concerned about non-white victims of crimes.

It would be nice if you were concerned about white kidnappers, murderers and rapists.

It would be nice if you were concerned about female victims of domestic violence.

None of these are in any order of importance. You seem to only feel male victims are worth mentioning if they are white and if their suspected assailant is non-white or female. Then there is nothing but outrage from you.

Here are some links to recent missing persons stats in the US:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240387/number-of-missing-persons-files-in-the-us-by-age/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240396/number-of-missing-persons-files-in-the-us-by-race/

But not missing men?

It's nice to see you concerned about violence done to men. It would be even nicer if you could ever do it in some context that was NOT as a counterpoint to violence done to women.

It would be nice if you were concerned about white kidnappers, murderers and rapists.

It would be nice if you were concerned about female victims of domestic violence.

None of these are in any order of importance. You seem to only feel male victims are worth mentioning if they are white and if their suspected assailant is non-white or female. Then there is nothing but outrage from you.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240387/number-of-missing-persons-files-in-the-us-by-age/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240396/number-of-missing-persons-files-in-the-us-by-race/

Yeah, like, por que no los dos?

I think the circumstances are what made this one such big news. The fact they were "influencers" and the fact he came back with HER VAN and never said a word to her parents. It's not your 'typical' missing person. That said, I too, wish all missing women were given the same attention.
Indeed, there are other markers involved that increase the intrigue. I was just perplexed with the article saying straight out that America was "captivated" with this case... when in reality, it was a substantial amount of reporting by the media.

But not missing men?

Lest we forget the white male murdered this particular missing person and apparently was hoping no one would notice her missing.

Indeed, there are other markers involved that increase the intrigue. I was just perplexed with the article saying straight out that America was "captivated" with this case... when in reality, it was a substantial amount of reporting by the media.

Pretty young white girl. The trail is hot. Media would like us all to be captivated.
For the record, my level of interest would be the same had it been a pretty young black girl.

I could imagine The Plain Dealer giving this much ink to every weekend killing within the city.
P.S.: The mayor’s grandson was gunned down last weekend.

Pretty young white girl. The trail is hot. Media would like us all to be captivated.
For the record, my level of interest would be the same had it been a pretty young black girl.

I could imagine The Plain Dealer giving this much ink to every weekend killing within the city.
P.S.: The mayor’s grandson was gunned down last weekend.
Yeah, I must have missed the Plain Dealer's coverage of all those black women that were murdered by the two serial killers in Cleveland. Or their piece, "Why does that house smell like rotting corpses?" Like literally, for those outside the area.

It would be nice if the left leaning media reported on the senseless death of young black women, but sadly, that's not likely to happen unless they're killed by a white guy.

It would be nice if the left leaning media reported on the senseless death of young black women, but sadly, that's not likely to happen unless they're killed by a white guy.

They don't do it because of the general racism and lack of concern for the lives of black people in their audience.

They don't do it because of the general racism and lack of concern for the lives of black people in their audience.

Not so sure about that. George Floyd sure got a lot of attention. Among many other black men who have run ins with the law recently. Sadly, no one knows the names of innocent black women who have been murdered in cold blood.

Not so sure about that. George Floyd sure got a lot of attention. Among many other black men who have run ins with the law recently. Sadly, no one knows the names of innocent black women who have been murdered in cold blood.

Floyd was murdered in cold blood in the middle of the street and they had the video.

That's what it takes for a black man to get some attention.

But still the racists opposed the prosecution of his murderer.

And BLM is disparaged in the news constantly.

Take a look at how Kaepernick was treated for kneeling quietly and respectfully.

Back
Top Bottom