• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

More totalitarianism at US colleges

Wow. That's really fucking out of line for you to just be posting this like that.

How about showing a modicum of respect and including a trigger warning label in your post next time so that I'll be able to save my delicate senses from it if I read the link outside of my safe space. :mad:

Especially bad considering that student body vice president is a protected class.

Did anyone find it odd that a student body VP receives a stipend ($700 per month)?

The professionals at this university need to remind the student government that its job is to plan pep rallies.

Did anyone find it odd that a student body VP receives a stipend ($700 per month)?

It is apparently a fairly common practice for student government officers at colleges and universities, especially public ones, to receive a stipend. The idea behind the practice is, as I understand it, to enable students who need to work while attending college to serve in student government. How well it works in practice I do not know.

I don´t know who are worse the BLM idiots or the racist shitcocks that cry about them every fucking time some college student does something. There is a cottage industry in sad, impotent, racist little men complaining about BLM and making them look like the second coming of the Black Panthers.

I don´t know who are worse the BLM idiots or the racist shitcocks that cry about them every fucking time some college student does something. There is a cottage industry in sad, impotent, racist little men complaining about BLM and making them look like the second coming of the Black Panthers.

Count me in the "racist shitcocks are worse" column.

Count me in the "racist shitcocks are worse" column.
same here.

i'll put "occasionally questionable tactics or moral rhetoric in service to a worthy and socially needed cause" above "prolapsing your anus online because some niggers got uppity about being murdered" any day of the week.

I remember when "liberal" meant supporting the right of a person to voice an unpopular opinion. Ah, them days be gone. But the worry, to my eyes, is that these young people will eventually be older people. If they deem it okay for a student legislative body to punish a student government member for voicing an unpopular opinion now, what later, when some of them get into state or federal government? Imagine the majority party in Congress keeping a tally of the minority party's social media posts. If the House Speaker doesn't like a twitter post, the offending member could have his salary withheld by vote of the majority party. Anyway. This young lady should sue the student legislature if it acts to punish her for free speech. Just because it's a majority vote by a public university student senate doesn't mean it's not a civil rights violation.

I don´t know who are worse the BLM idiots or the racist shitcocks that cry about them every fucking time some college student does something.

You think BLM are idiots but that anyone who criticizes that idiocy is racist?

:confused:

I remember when "liberal" meant supporting the right of a person to voice an unpopular opinion. Ah, them days be gone. But the worry, to my eyes, is that these young people will eventually be older people. If they deem it okay for a student legislative body to punish a student government member for voicing an unpopular opinion now, what later, when some of them get into state or federal government? Imagine the majority party in Congress keeping a tally of the minority party's social media posts. If the House Speaker doesn't like a twitter post, the offending member could have his salary withheld by vote of the majority party. Anyway. This young lady should sue the student legislature if it acts to punish her for free speech. Just because it's a majority vote by a public university student senate doesn't mean it's not a civil rights violation.

This is not just some random student. She's in a position which represents the entire student body. I hope they impeach her.

This is not just some random student. She's in a position which represents the entire student body. I hope they impeach her.

Why?

I don´t know who are worse the BLM idiots or the racist shitcocks that cry about them every fucking time some college student does something.

You think BLM are idiots but that anyone who criticizes that idiocy is racist?

:confused:

Whining about kids doing stupid stuff in college is idiotic. That's what kids do in college, stupid "radical" shit. They later grow out of it.

Taking the Article upon its contents it seems Sethi said

Hours after a gunman killed five Dallas police officers on July 7, Sethi posted on Facebook: "Forget #BlackLivesMatter; more like #AllLivesMatter."

There is nothing except the exercise of free speech. Perhaps BLM own condemnation of the killings would have been a more appropriate response.

Unless something else was said, the Chinese saying "When a finger points to the moon, the idiot looks at the finger." would seem appropriate in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom