• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Movement for Black Lives releases its agenda

You contradict yourself. You claimed it was unintelligible, but yet you made sense of it.
The entire thing is devoid of content and offers no meaningful solution to any of the imaginary problems it mentions.
This suggests you have not read the proposal. For example, they call for the restoration of the Glass Steagall Act. Whether one agrees or not with that goal, it is not devoid of content, and it is a meaningful solution.
There are only two things anyone can really get out of reading this: that 1) whoever wrote it is angry about something; and that 2) they have no idea what it is they're angry about or how to fix it.
Summertime is tough on snowflake SJWers like yourself. Find a nice cool spot, chill out, and then try reading and responding. Otherwise, your posts just sound like they come from some reactionary old man sitting on his porch who yells at the passerbys for walking on his sidewalk.

If you thought that dross was reasonable and coherent it's time to put down the Kool-Aid laughing dog. You're drunk!

You contradict yourself. You claimed it was unintelligible, but yet you made sense of it.
This suggests you have not read the proposal. For example, they call for the restoration of the Glass Steagall Act. Whether one agrees or not with that goal, it is not devoid of content, and it is a meaningful solution.
There are only two things anyone can really get out of reading this: that 1) whoever wrote it is angry about something; and that 2) they have no idea what it is they're angry about or how to fix it.
Summertime is tough on snowflake SJWers like yourself. Find a nice cool spot, chill out, and then try reading and responding. Otherwise, your posts just sound like they come from some reactionary old man sitting on his porch who yells at the passerbys for walking on his sidewalk.

If you thought that dross was reasonable and coherent it's time to put down the Kool-Aid laughing dog. You're drunk!
I didn't say it was reasonable. I said it was intelligible and coherent, unlike your straw man response. What exactly is your excuse, snowflake?

I didn't say it was reasonable. I said it was intelligible and coherent, unlike your straw man response. What exactly is your excuse, snowflake?

Oh, damn. You're a mad drunk.

The entire thing is devoid of content and offers no meaningful solution to any of the imaginary problems it mentions. There are only two things anyone can really get out of reading this: that 1) whoever wrote it is angry about something; and that 2) they have no idea what it is they're angry about or how to fix it.

WQ3ilWZ.gif

In other words, a very typical far-left agenda. Very poor strategy indeed since only a relatively small minority of the population supports such far-left policies. This will simply cause them to further lose support among moderates, which is necessary if they actually want to have a chance in hell of getting some real reforms.

In other words, a very typical far-left agenda. Very poor strategy indeed since only a relatively small minority of the population supports such far-left policies. This will simply cause them to further lose support among moderates, which is necessary if they actually want to have a chance in hell of getting some real reforms.

Policies from the left always emerge from those being crushed by the right.

It appears you're wrong about the level of support for quite a few of the proposals recommended by the Movement for Black Lives group.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-01/majority-of-americans-want-college-to-be-free
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/will-guaranteed-income-ever-come-america/
http://www.gallup.com/poll/190268/prioritize-alternative-energy-oil-gas.aspx
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/259881-glass-steagall-takes-center-stage-in-2016
http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/...n=display_arch&article_id=466&issue_id=122004
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...e-court-to-turn-off-political-spending-spigot

Co05YpEW8AAwHBa.jpg

Free stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, if I were, you're posts might appear either relevant or clever.

I accept your apology.

I always find many of these arguments very...interesting.

First, I'd like some free stuff, thank you.

Second, it's not as if many other communities haven't profited tremendously by siphoning off of black communities - although racism sometimes gets to the point where people will make themselves worse off, if only to ensure that their hated groups are somehow even worse off.

But in any event, I look forward to explanations for why black people have not already paid deeply into the US.

Most of the black people being criminalized live in cities that have been run by Democrats for decades.

I guess the first thing to do is toss the Democrats out.

The problem is capitalism itself. The poor are profitable as prisoners and expendable when free.

The answer is not working within the system to try to move capital and investment into regions it has not been going for centuries.

The answer is to replace the current top down system with a worker oriented democratic system.

Most of the black people being criminalized live in cities that have been run by Democrats for decades.

I guess the first thing to do is toss the Democrats out.

I have said over and over, the Democratic party is now the slightly right party. So much so that an ordinary New Deal Democrat like Bernie appeared as some far left radical.

And the Republican party is the insane right party. It has drifted into outer space and has abandoned facts for faith.

Both completely under the sway of corporate power.

The power that is crushing the poor presently. With the help of the government and the police.

But in any event, I look forward to explanations for why black people have not already paid deeply into the US.

What does that mean?

Exactly what it says. IF one wishes to claim that this is all just "free" stuff, then show that it's actually, you know, free, as opposed to owed. A police force that won't drive up, shoot a 12-year-old kid, and then tackle his sister and put her in the back of the police car in handcuffs to watch her brother bleed out? A serious investigation into deaths like Trayvon Martin? Some compensation for the complete wild run that many lenders did on the 200s? resasonably well-run schools, trash collection, and water services?

Yeah, all of that is just what should be expected, and what should have been expected, for decades if not centuries now.

The way some folks act, you'd have thought that white people were the slaves - wait, isn't that one actual argument? "But the Irish were slaves?"

Back
Top Bottom