• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

Mueller should start grilling these people live on TV. Get some ad revenue going. Sell hats and T-shirt’s. Give Trump a taste of his own medicine. I’d damn sure watch Ivanka over the Super Bowl.
Hats and T-shirt’s. 🤔

Bannon is expected to testify today.

I look forward the the nuggets coming in the next few days. :eating_popcorn:
Testify to Congress. He has just been subpoena'd by Mueller.

Running out of popcorn here. Will it ever end, or are we doomed to being perennial couch potatoes watching the Trump Show 24/7?

July 22, 2018. That is my prediction for when the final verdict will be in... who broke what laws, etc... After that, it will just be procedural... more or less.

I'll be in Boston, celebrating their rollout of recreational pot (which is currently legal, but licensing for commercial sale is complete in July) at that time. Perhaps there will be more to celebrate... Like if Jeff Sessions dies or is ousted.

Running out of popcorn here. Will it ever end, or are we doomed to being perennial couch potatoes watching the Trump Show 24/7?

July 22, 2018. That is my prediction for when the final verdict will be in... who broke what laws, etc... After that, it will just be procedural... more or less.

I'll be in Boston, celebrating their rollout of recreational pot (which is currently legal, but licensing for commercial sale is complete in July) at that time. Perhaps there will be more to celebrate... Like if Jeff Sessions dies or is ousted.

I agree with your timeline guess... it should all come to a head around then, unless there are nefarious forces at work to "dispose" of the matter prior to then, or if the shit runs a whole lot deeper than even I suspect.
So MA is going to join the civilized world? Congratulations to MA! The part of legal weed that I enjoy most is growing it, believe it or not. I tend to consume less of it than prior to full legalization... not sure why. But growing it is fun - comparing results and growing tips with friends etc., watching it come to full fruition, deciding when to cut - it's all good avocation. Jeff Sessions can bite my butt.

I agree with your timeline guess... it should all come to a head around then, unless there are nefarious forces at work to "dispose" of the matter prior to then, or if the shit runs a whole lot deeper than even I suspect.
So MA is going to join the civilized world? Congratulations to MA! The part of legal weed that I enjoy most is growing it, believe it or not. I tend to consume less of it than prior to full legalization... not sure why. But growing it is fun - comparing results and growing tips with friends etc., watching it come to full fruition, deciding when to cut - it's all good avocation. Jeff Sessions can bite my butt.

Great topic for the new hobbies and crafts area :) I would love to be able to talk about growing pot publically. It fits right into the type of hobbies and such that I tend to do. It is almost impossible to believe that I don't grow. impossible, I tell you. But NY is still in 1920's prohibition and our governor just gets way too much mafia kickback to take that revenue away from organized crime... so the lifting of pot prohibition is a ways away for me. Happy to give my tourist dollars to MA for some nice shatter or wax that I don't... errr... wouldn;t be able to make myself until it is legal to discuss... errr... actually do.

NY law says I can legally possess up to 7/8 oz. of pot. I can smoke it on private property, as long as the property owner allows it. I can transport it to any destination where possession is legal. This means I would be breaking no laws by driving from NY to MA, purchasing 7/8 oz., and then driving it back to NY to my house, that I own... assuming I don't speed or DUI, of course.

I recently was in Amsterdam. Great city. lots of seed banks run by very friendly and accommodating people.

Lot's of new information yesterday, not the least of which is that Trump asked McCabe who he voted for and former FBI director Wray threatened to resign due to pressure from Sessions to fire people whom Trump thought weren't loyal. Only Trump is left to be interviewed/testify. We'll see how that unfolds. But I have no doubt that an obstruction of justice charge against Trump is coming. The only question is who else in the administration is going to get indicted? I think that Kushner will no doubt be hit with something, maybe money laundering and lying (excuse me, "omitting information") on his security clearance form. Sessions?

Lot's of new information yesterday, not the least of which is that Trump asked McCabe who he voted for and former FBI director Wray threatened to resign due to pressure from Sessions to fire people whom Trump thought weren't loyal. Only Trump is left to be interviewed/testify. We'll see how that unfolds. But I have no doubt that an obstruction of justice charge against Trump is coming. The only question is who else in the administration is going to get indicted? I think that Kushner will no doubt be hit with something, maybe money laundering and lying (excuse me, "omitting information") on his security clearance form. Sessions?
For a guy railing against shit hole nations in Africa... he is trying to run the US like a dictator-to-be in an African nation.

Can the Trump interview mean Mueller is wrapping up?

Can the Trump interview mean Mueller is wrapping up?

I think it does on the obstruction of justice charge. Who knows how long it will take to follow the money-laundering trail?
It didn't take long at all for the Manafort charges. It'd be interesting if Mueller goes on and on about the Russian collusion and then throws a curve on money laundering, catching Trump and his lawyer off guard.

catching Trump and his lawyer off guard.
I dunno. Trump knows what he's done.
And they know who Mueller has been talking to.
I'm sure the lawyers have a playbook. "If he brings up this bank, this is your response. If he brings up this oligarch, say this. If he brings up this meeting, fake a heart attack."

So I don't think Mueller will catch anyone off-guard. But he's got a real good chance of Trump accidentally becoming candid... While lawyers around the table consider slitting their wrists.

I think Mueller will be more coy than that. He'll be asking so many mindless questions, lulling Trump's attorney to sleep. Then Mueller will say, "Person who colluded with Russians says 'what'." Trump will respond "What?" Mueller will then say "That's admissible", close his notebook and leave as Trump's lawyer stirs awake and alert wondering what just happened.

I am getting the sense that Mueller, knowing that Cheato is trying every trick in the book to get rid of him, is getting poised to spring the trap at any moment if Cheato or Congress make any move to stop him. We all know that Cheato is guilty as hell, so Mueller must know it in spades. If I'm Mueller I prefer to wait until closer to the midterms to pull the trigger, but faced with this effort to overthrow the US Rule of Law, it would be prudent to be prepared to do it tomorrow if necessary.

I am getting the sense that Mueller, knowing that Cheato is trying every trick in the book to get rid of him, is getting poised to spring the trap at any moment if Cheato or Congress make any move to stop him. We all know that Cheato is guilty as hell, so Mueller must know it in spades. If I'm Mueller I prefer to wait until closer to the midterms to pull the trigger, but faced with this effort to overthrow the US Rule of Law, it would be prudent to be prepared to do it tomorrow if necessary.

I heard Malcolm Nance say he thinks this will come to a head around the end of March.

Getting Trump to testify would e the last big testimony needed.

If Trump goes under oath, what is the over/under for the number of times he purgers himself in the first 10 minutes?

The problem as I see it is that Trump has done lets say 100 things "wrong". Some of those things are illegal... lets say 3.
The 97 things he has been getting away with that are not illegal are just unheard of. It is "unethical" and "unconventional", but not explicitly illegal. That our constitution gives a whole lot of leeway to a sitting president is going to get him 97% out of danger.

..and Trump's defense against Obstruction is becoming clear... and is feasibly valid as long as there is no "nail in the coffin" regarding colluding with the Russians in order to undermine our political system (an offense for which the death penalty should be applied - by public hanging). His defense is / will be, "of course I tried to end the investigation - it was a waste of tax dollars as has been shown.. no collusion. It was an illegal attempt to overthrow the elected government, yada yada yada"

.. His "Self Defense" defense.

The problem as I see it is that Trump has done lets say 100 things "wrong". Some of those things are illegal... lets say 3.
The 97 things he has been getting away with that are not illegal are just unheard of. It is "unethical" and "unconventional", but not explicitly illegal. That our constitution gives a whole lot of leeway to a sitting president is going to get him 97% out of danger.

I guess we need an intern to give him a blowjob? One such incident seems to suffice for impeachment.

..and Trump's defense against Obstruction is becoming clear... and is feasibly valid as long as there is no "nail in the coffin" regarding colluding with the Russians in order to undermine our political system (an offense for which the death penalty should be applied - by public hanging). His defense is / will be, "of course I tried to end the investigation - it was a waste of tax dollars as has been shown.. no collusion. It was an illegal attempt to overthrow the elected government, yada yada yada"

.. His "Self Defense" defense.

He'll run into trouble with that if/when it is shown that he knew damn well he broke the law with intent and purpose. You can't go bomb a police station to get out of a traffic ticket, then claim self-defense. You can then claim that you didn't know it was against the law to blow up a police station, but unless you've paid the judge handsomely, that's not likely to fly.

Back
Top Bottom