• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

Artemus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist and general cynic
CNN is saying that charges have been filed by Mueller and arrests are expected as early as Monday. The "RussiaGate" thread is so derailed that I think a new thread specifically on the investigation is appropriate. So who do you think will be arrested first? Flynn? Manafort? Kushner? All of the above?

CNN is saying that charges have been filed by Mueller and arrests are expected as early as Monday. The "RussiaGate" thread is so derailed that I think a new thread specifically on the investigation is appropriate. So who do you think will be arrested first? Flynn? Manafort? Kushner? All of the above?

I'll go with #2, Alex.

Manafort, then Flynn, then Kushner would make sense to me...

I'm leaning towards all of the above.

The thing that shocks me about this is how quick it happened.

Watergate. Iran Contra. Whitewater. These things usually take years before anyone is indicted by a grand jury and arrested.

We're less than a year out from Trump "winning" the election and people are about to be hauled up in court. And even if this never goes beyond charging low level officials, it is still astonishing. This administration is so corrupt it took months rather than years for it to come to this.

Wow.

Watergate. Iran Contra. Whitewater. These things usually take years before anyone is indicted by a grand jury and arrested.

We're less than a year out from Trump "winning" the election and people are about to be hauled up in court. And even if this never goes beyond charging low level officials, it is still astonishing. This administration is so corrupt it took months rather than years for it to come to this.

Wow.

These bumbling crooks? I'm not surprised.

What I'd like to see is The Don indicted, creating enough pressure on the House to impeach, and then the rest of the gang hauled up to minimize the likelihood of their being pardoned.
Wishful thinking? Yes, but I do believe there is, even among House Republicans enough disdain for Trump that this just needs to be tipped a little further for it all to come crashing down. It would go along way in resetting the foundation of the GOP. I'm sure they'd be perfectly enamored with strait-laced Mike in office and to largely sweep away what I'll politely call this nationalist movement within their party.

Or Putin? :)

Hah! Wonder what that arrest would look like.

Just slap extra sanctions on Russian oligarchs and Putin will be ousted sooner or later the Russian economy is a mismanaged shitshow before and I can´t imagine Putin lasting once the squeeze is put on the criminals around him.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.

They are corrupt but they are also very very stupid.

Kushner would be beautiful, but I'd guess Manafort or Flynn, or both.

Especially Flynn, because Trump went out of his way to try and protect him, suggesting he knows where the bodies are buried.

This administration is so corrupt it took months rather than years for it to come to this.

Wow.
I believe most politicians sell their souls by increments. A little corner cut here, a little quid pro quo there, maybe a stunned moment of shock at how easy it was to get away with it, so they corrupt a little more, then more, getting a few near-misses that teach them better tactics and strategies, then you finally get a Nixon.

Trump entered politics as Satan's cabana boy. The big surprise to him and his crew would be just how the evasion tactics that have worked all this time are no longer effective. He isn't the nation's CEO, he can't fire everyone who displeases him, and the Attorney General is not the President's Lawyer.

Surprise...

I think I'll go for Flynn and Manafort, if only because the news reports all say "indictments."

Pardons in 3, 2, 1....
But a pardon is an admission of guilt. At least, accepting it is.

So wouldn't pardoning X for breaking the law with Y makes it easier to prosecute Y...? "Your buddy already admitted to doing it..."

No. With the sheriff guy, he pardoned him before the trial and just made the charges go away. The dude never admitted to anything and wasn't even involved in the decision making.

Back
Top Bottom