• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Mueller investigation

Are there any conservatives left who think that debunking the dossier will prove Trump innocent? Seems like only yesterday they were all acting like the dossier was the only evidence.

The dossier isn't evidence of anything except for imbeciles who gush when anonymous sources confirm their biases and who think spooks tell the truth.

You're adorable.

No one actually cares about the dossier except for the salacious value. Most of the evidence against your favorite defender of Nazis has come from other sources, including emails his own son released to the public.

How's that nothingburger taste?

Are there any conservatives left who think that debunking the dossier will prove Trump innocent? Seems like only yesterday they were all acting like the dossier was the only evidence.

The dossier isn't evidence of anything except for imbeciles who gush when anonymous sources confirm their biases and who think spooks tell the truth.

Not evidence of ANYTHING? Not even evidence of Hillary's collusion with the Russians?
What's all that noise coming from Pennsylvania Avenue all about then?

(Did you know that the only parts of that dossier that have been proven, have been proven correct?)

Russian trollbot has got to troll.

Prosecutors are recommending 0 to 6 month jail time and less than ten grand in fines. I suspect his cooperation has a lot to do with such a small punishment. Not to mention the almost certainty he wore a wire for the feds after being charged.

If you say it's "almost certain" then that is good enough for me. :p

The former assistant director of the FBI said it. That's where I got it from.

You're adorable.

No one actually cares about the dossier except for the salacious value. Most of the evidence against your favorite defender of Nazis has come from other sources, including emails his own son released to the public.

How's that nothingburger taste?

Waitress? Hi, I'd like to add a side to that order of a nothing burger. How fresh is your money laundering?

Mueller indicted Manafort and Gates on financial crimes. Money laundering in particular. Specifically, laundering money through real estate. Apart from his "reality" show, what else did Fragilego Mussolini do for a living before he ran for President?

:thinking:

I don't know where he's from, just who he shills for.

Funny how Trump-Russia is the one conspiracy that he gets all skeptical about.

Trump cannot be convicted on criminal charges until he leaves office.

He can be convicted if he is impeached, but we all know that Republican politicians are a bunch of traitor-lovers who will never impeach him.

So more than likely, the charges will be sealed and unsealed once he leaves office, assuming he hasn't completely undermined our democracy by then and declared himself dictator for life or something.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know where he's from, just who he shills for.

Funny how Trump-Russia is the one conspiracy that he gets all skeptical about.

Then tell him that Trump is secretly behind pizza-gate.

I don't usually pay much attention to RawStory.com (way too sensationalist), but they make an interesting point here. Per the New York Times, Papadopolous proposed to Trump himself a meeting between Trump and Putin, but Sessions strongly objected and asked everyone to not speak of it again. Sessions later denied to Congress any knowledge of communications between the campaign and Russians. Will Sessions be the next to drop?

I don't usually pay much attention to RawStory.com (way too sensationalist), but they make an interesting point here. Per the New York Times, Papadopolous proposed to Trump himself a meeting between Trump and Putin, but Sessions strongly objected and asked everyone to not speak of it again. Sessions later denied to Congress any knowledge of communications between the campaign and Russians. Will Sessions be the next to drop?

Sessions will be the last to drop, I think, in order to protect Mueller.

Meanwhile, FOX News carefully avoids the subject everyone else is talking about.

Sorry guys, Papadopoulos shouldn't be a very good witness.

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/10/31/sorting-out-the-russia-mess/

....... his credibility has already been undermined by his guilty plea for lying to the FBI and by the fact that he now has a motive to provide something the prosecutors might want in exchange for leniency. Plus, there is the hearsay and contested quality of Papadopoulos’s supposed information, some of which already has turned out to be false.

According to the court documents, Papadopoulos got to know a professor of international relations who claimed to have “substantial connections with Russian government officials,” with the professor identified in press reports as Joseph Mifsud, a little-known academic associated with the University of Stirling in Scotland.

The first contact supposedly occurred in mid-March 2016 in Italy, with a second meeting in London on March 24 when the professor purportedly introduced Papadopoulos to a Russian woman whom the young campaign aide believed to be Putin’s niece, an assertion that Mueller’s investigators determined wasn’t true.

What reasonable person would believe him when he has already given unreliable information, and has a threat hanging over his head about ...lying?
Of course if you appoint a special prosecutor that person is going to pretend to look and find something.
What else will he say..."sorry couldn't find anything".

It's just an embarrassment. The entire world is laughing at the country that interferes all over the world in other countries governments and elections pretending that someone did it to them.

How good are Mueller and his team? They were able to force Manafort’s lawyer to testify against him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...s-710pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.215537158bda

Why on earth would you be cheering when you consider the precedent.

“The opinion is troubling, because people make representations to the government all the time through their lawyers, and I think there’s a general expectation of confidentiality behind the conversations that go into those representations,’’ said Peter D. Hardy, a partner at the Ballard Spahr law firm. “It’s widening a door that’s not often used. And the wider the door gets, maybe the more people will use it.’’

Unfortunately when the NYT reports from an 'anonymous" aide it's probably bullshit.

Don't you ever want evidence before you believe something?

Wow, Will, you really love Twitler, don't you? Papa isn't going to be a witness, the recordings from when he was wired will be evidence. Mueller knows what he's doing.

What reasonable person would believe him when he has already given unreliable information, and has a threat hanging over his head about ...lying?
Well, the big speculation is that he wore a wire for a while. It's not his testimony they're after, not if they have recordings of other people shooting themselves in the foot...

The entire world is laughing at the country that interferes all over the world in other countries governments and elections pretending that someone did it to them.
Pretending? That's cute.

Back
Top Bottom