• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Multi-Billionaire Oprah Whines About Sexism & Income Inequality At DNC

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
I have no problem with Oprah's massive wealth but I sure have a problem with her hypocrisy. 40 years ago black female Oprah owned her tv station and now she is whining about sexism? So we have had sexism for 40 years now while she made billion's? If she is so worried about income inequality maybe she could donate to the homeless in skid row Los Angeles? Or if she does not want to deal with icky poor people she could at least donate to another worthwhile cause like Rockefeller and Carnegie did and Buffet and Gates do today.

No, its just easier for her to be a celebrity for the DNC. And a big fucking hypocrite. Same with Michelle Obama.

How stupid are the Democrat supporters to actually fall for this shit?

I have no problem with Oprah's massive wealth but I sure have a problem with her hypocrisy.
Well, Oprah did kind of work her way to it, so I'm glad you aren't against her working to be wealthy.
40 years ago black female Oprah owned her tv station and now she is whining about sexism?
I have no idea what in the heck that means.
So we have had sexism for 40 years now while she made billion's?
Are you suggesting there is no sexism?
If she is so worried about income inequality maybe she could donate to the homeless in skid row Los Angeles? Or if she does not want to deal with icky poor people she could at least donate to another worthwhile cause like Rockefeller and Carnegie did and Buffet and Gates do today.
Hasn't her org donated over $400 million?

You are the one posting the YouTube video, so I don't think this is a Democrat supporter thing.

I have no problem with Oprah's massive wealth but I sure have a problem with her hypocrisy. 40 years ago black female Oprah owned her tv station and now she is whining about sexism? So we have had sexism for 40 years now while she made billion's? If she is so worried about income inequality maybe she could donate to the homeless in skid row Los Angeles? Or if she does not want to deal with icky poor people she could at least donate to another worthwhile cause like Rockefeller and Carnegie did and Buffet and Gates do today.

No, its just easier for her to be a celebrity for the DNC. And a big fucking hypocrite. Same with Michelle Obama.

The fact that some women do extremely well in a sexist society or that some blacks do extremely well in a racist society does not mean the sexism in the former or racism in the latter is not a problem for most women or blacks. It does not make Ms. Winfrey a hypocrite for pointing out for what she sees as a problem.

You continually whine about what is happening to white working people. But plenty of white working people are doing very well. Does that mean there is not a problem?

No matter how stupid Democratic supporters may be, they are MENSA members in comparison to Trump supporters. Of course, that is not setting a very high bar.

Winfrey’s station, OWN, has only been in existence since 2011, so 13 years, not 40 years. She has long been known for her philanthropy. She founded several charitable organizations with her own money, contributed heavily to efforts to help those facing devastation as a result of Hurricane Katrina, and dozens more philanthropic efforts domestically and internationally.

Michelle and Barack Obama founded the Obama Foundation which provides many scholarships and other educational opportunities.

It’s really really easy to find this information simply by doing an Internet search. I wonder why you did not?

Winfrey’s station, OWN, has only been in existence since 2011, so 13 years, not 40 years. She has long been known for her philanthropy. She founded several charitable organizations with her own money, contributed heavily to efforts to help those facing devastation as a result of Hurricane Katrina, and dozens more philanthropic efforts domestically and internationally.

Michelle and Barack Obama founded the Obama Foundation which provides many scholarships and other educational opportunities.

It’s really really easy to find this information simply by doing an Internet search. I wonder why you did not?

That's because they just want to whine and believe what they want to believe. Please don't confuse me with the facts, then I can't whine about it, because I haven't achieved the same. So it makes them feel better about themselves to criticize someone accomplished.

The fact that some women do extremely well in a sexist society or that some blacks do extremely well in a racist society does not mean the sexism in the former or racism in the latter is not a problem for most women or blacks. It does not make Ms. Winfrey a hypocrite for pointing out for what she sees as a problem.
She is the exact wrong person to be talking about this though. Oprah on stage talking about women not getting enough of a break in American society is like Trump getting on stage talking about morality and sexual purity.

She is the exact wrong person to be talking about this though. Oprah on stage talking about women not getting enough of a break in American society is like Trump getting on stage talking about morality and sexual purity
Really? You don’t think that Winfrey faced a lot of discrimination based on her sex, her color and her poverty?

She transcended that, yes, by working incrediblyhard and yes, by being fortunate enough to live during a time when the world was changing enough to allow her success.

That dies not make her a hypocrite.

If anything you would hope Oprah should sing the same praise as Dezi Arnaz. Of someone who came from humble beginnings who was given a tremendous opportunity for achievement. But that is more of a conservative republican type of message which is why I wrote in the OP she should just shut up.

Really? You don’t think that Winfrey faced a lot of discrimination based on her sex, her color and her poverty?
No. Certainly no more than the average white male from West Virginia. And if she did it surely did not prevent her from rising to the status of a deity or God.

Triggered? :unsure:

So, Oprah and Michelle are successful, and when they describe baked-in problems of inequality in America, they are shameless hypocrites? Incoherent example.
Here's one that's coherent. Some guy -- let's call him Ronald Trout -- loses an election and, between election night and the day he leaves office, spends every working hour scheming to break laws and stay in office. He twists arms to get people to "find" votes for him, he has phony electors try to crash the certification process, and finally he instigates a violent riot. All of this fails, so he continues to rant that his victory, which he says was a landslide, was stolen from him. That's the gold standard in hypocrisy.

So, Oprah and Michelle are successful, and when they describe baked-in problems of inequality in America, they are shameless hypocrites? Incoherent example.

Exactly. Let’s be clear: There is NO hypocrisy in being a successful black person or woman, or both, while pointing out at the same tie that racism and sexism remain stubborn problems in this country.

No. Certainly no more than the average white male from West Virginia. And if she did it surely did not prevent her from rising to the status of a deity or God.
You are pretty clueless about what it is to be female or black.

I do very much recognize that white males, especially those who are in lower socioeconomic groups now must deal with the loss of their slim advantage over persons of color and women. That’s a very real shift in reality. It has always been easier to point fingers and blame those who had more struggles than you do as somehow ‘deserving’ those struggles.

It’s a lot more overwhelming to consider that perhaps the system is rigged in favor of those who already have a lot, as their parents and grandparents still and greats before them did, and made rules and laws to preserve that advantage. After all we were all raised to believe that all it took was a lot of hard work and patience and keeping your nose clean to get ahead.

Last edited:
If anything you would hope Oprah should sing the same praise as Dezi Arnaz. Of someone who came from humble beginnings who was given a tremendous opportunity for achievement. But that is more of a conservative republican type of message which is why I wrote in the OP she should just shut up.
Ah, so the conservative Republican Cuban who comes from humble beginnings and creates a huge entertainment empire gets to say whatever the fuck he wants, but the Black woman who does the same should sit down and shut the fuck up?

That's the crazy part here. You say you don't begrudge Oprah her success, while at the same time insisting that she must be silent unless she says things you think she should. That's quite the intersection of racism and misogyny you've got going there.! You're not mad at her for being rich, but if she gets "uppity," suddenly the gloves are off!

But it's really about her liberal politics, isn't it? A white guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth who shits in a golden toilet can tell you that unemployment was 400 percent under Obama, his crowd size on J6 was the biggest crowd in the history of crowds, and you'll swallow that whole because he is (or at least claims to be) conservative. A black woman who came from nothing and is worth arguably as much as that guy publicly espouses liberal politics and you shudder and scream that she should sit in the back of the bus and keep her damned Negro mouth shut.

What - as the kids nowadays say - the fuck?

Back
Top Bottom