• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Multi-Billionaire Oprah Whines About Sexism & Income Inequality At DNC

If anything you would hope Oprah should sing the same praise as Dezi Arnaz. Of someone who came from humble beginnings who was given a tremendous opportunity for achievement. But that is more of a conservative republican type of message which is why I wrote in the OP she should just shut up.
Ah, so the conservative Republican Cuban who comes from humble beginnings and creates a huge entertainment empire gets to say whatever the fuck he wants, but the Black woman who does the same should sit down and shut the fuck up?

That's the crazy part here. You say you don't begrudge Oprah her success, while at the same time insisting that she must be silent unless she says things you think she should. That's quite the intersection of racism and misogyny you've got going there.! You're not mad at her for being rich, but if she gets "uppity," suddenly the gloves are off!

But it's really about her liberal politics, isn't it? A white guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth who shits in a golden toilet can tell you that unemployment was 400 percent under Obama, his crowd size on J6 was the biggest crowd in the history of crowds, and you'll swallow that whole because he is (or at least claims to be) conservative. A black woman who came from nothing and is worth arguably as much as that guy publicly espouses liberal politics and you shudder and scream that she should sit in the back of the bus and keep her damned Negro mouth shut.

What - as the kids nowadays say - the fuck?

Quoted. For. Truth.

If anything you would hope Oprah should sing the same praise as Dezi Arnaz. Of someone who came from humble beginnings who was given a tremendous opportunity for achievement. But that is more of a conservative republican type of message which is why I wrote in the OP she should just shut up.
Desi Arnez is dead and has been for a long time. AFAIK, he was not raped as a child nor forced to carry his rapists' child to term and AFAIK, it was his choice to come to the USA while Winfrey was born here.

I tremendously admire the creativity, talent, ingenuity, and drive of Arnez as well as that of Lucille Ball. Together they broke through barriers that we can barely imagine existed in the 50's. They earned their wealth, status, and influence.

So did Oprah Winfrey.

Attacking a woman's credentials and character are all part of the course for Repugs. It goes against their fear based living.
Yeah, having a bunch of successful Black women talking on a national stage sure has 'em triggered.
And woke.
Side note...

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that a whole lot of these triggered folks missed something that happened on stage at the convention. When Kerry Washington brought out those two little girls to teach the crowd how to pronounce "Kamala?" They did something that I have done more than a few times to get the crowd hyped up at hip hop shows. Divide the audience into two sides. Tell one side "when I say hey you say hey!" Turn to the other side "and when I say ho you say ho!" Then you get the two sides chanting "hey...ho! Hey...ho!" back and forth. You get them all hyped up and then you introduce the next act.

I was grinning from ear to ear watching those adorable kids thinking "they're doing the thing!" A right winger would miss the context, and likely bemoan the fact that those kids were "being indoctrinated into woke culture."

Really? You don’t think that Winfrey faced a lot of discrimination based on her sex, her color and her poverty?
No. Certainly no more than the average white male from West Virginia. And if she did it surely did not prevent her from rising to the status of a deity or God.
Why would you think that the average white male from West Virginia would face discrimination?

Really? You don’t think that Winfrey faced a lot of discrimination based on her sex, her color and her poverty?
No. Certainly no more than the average white male from West Virginia. And if she did it surely did not prevent her from rising to the status of a deity or God.
Why would you think that the average white male from West Virginia would face discrimination?
I’m certain that they do. It’s more related to class and the assumptions by the very sophisticated and erudite urbanites that people from West Virginia are ignorant rubes and hillbillies who probably are the product of incest.

I’m certain that they do. It’s more related to class and the assumptions by the very sophisticated and erudite urbanites that people from West Virginia are ignorant rubes and hillbillies who probably are the product of incest.
I can see how such assuptions might send them crying to their sister.

Quite the juxtaposition for the democrats. Brandon and Bernie and many democrats say they want to tax these billionaires out of existence but when they take to stage, they cheer like giddy teenage girls at a Sean Mendez concert. And when their rich donors buy the $500k box suites they accept the check with a cheery smile, a nod and a wink. And the plebs in the cheap seats think things are going to get better for them, lol. They won’t know what has hit them if Harris wins.

Perhaps I am just ignorant, but I would not know that a white male was from West Virginia unless he told me so. I've been in WV and the people I've heard and seen don't look any different than those from PA or Ohio or many other states.

Perhaps I am just ignorant, but I would not know that a white male was from West Virginia unless he told me so. I've been in WV and the people I've heard and seen don't look any different than those from PA or Ohio or many other states.
Surely you are not asserting that the US is a society composed of a single class? That Ivy League graduates do not look down their noses at the sons and daughters of coal miners? That there is no sniggering about accents? Ertaiy their parents note a distinct action and generally the kids come around.

I never took you for stupidity or hypocrisy. I would appreciate it if you returned the favor.

Knowing RVonse' proclivities, that's probably a reference to Tim Pool. He's an astroturfed pro Trump youtuber FYI.

Ah, so the conservative Republican Cuban who comes from humble beginnings and creates a huge entertainment empire gets to say whatever the fuck he wants, but the Black woman who does the same should sit down and shut the fuck up?

That's the crazy part here. You say you don't begrudge Oprah her success, while at the same time insisting that she must be silent unless she says things you think she should. That's quite the intersection of racism and misogyny you've got going there.! You're not mad at her for being rich, but if she gets "uppity," suddenly the gloves are off!

But it's really about her liberal politics, isn't it? A white guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth who shits in a golden toilet can tell you that unemployment was 400 percent under Obama, his crowd size on J6 was the biggest crowd in the history of crowds, and you'll swallow that whole because he is (or at least claims to be) conservative. A black woman who came from nothing and is worth arguably as much as that guy publicly espouses liberal politics and you shudder and scream that she should sit in the back of the bus and keep her damned Negro mouth shut.

"I'm the big shot Oprah who has made it big in the US. Bigger than any of you peons and low life creatures. And I want to tell all of you how repressive the US was to me... and how wonderful my home continent Africa was in comparison. I own palaces all over the US but would not dream of moving back anywhere to Africa even though I easily could at this point... because my home continent of Africa is so great and with the women's rights which would be so good for me."

I'm not convinced at all.

"I'm the big shot Oprah who has made it big in the US. Bigger than any of you peons and low life creatures. And I want to tell all of you how repressive the US was to me... and how wonderful my home continent Africa was in comparison. I own palaces all over the US but would not dream of moving back anywhere to Africa even though I easily could at this point... because my home continent of Africa is so great and with the women's rights which would be so good for me."

I'm not convinced at all.
"Bitter and Angry? Bitter and Angry, your table for two is ready."

Quite the juxtaposition for the democrats. Brandon and Bernie and many democrats say they want to tax these billionaires out of existence but when they take to stage, they cheer like giddy teenage girls at a Sean Mendez concert. And when their rich donors buy the $500k box suites they accept the check with a cheery smile, a nod and a wink. And the plebs in the cheap seats think things are going to get better for them, lol. They won’t know what has hit them if Harris wins.
To be fair, we didn't support the Citizens United decision.

I'm hoping with the relative success of this campaign launch for Harris, that maybe, just maybe... we can truncate this damned 11 month election cycle.

Back
Top Bottom