• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Multi-Billionaire Oprah Whines About Sexism & Income Inequality At DNC

Can we go back to discussing why successfully overcoming obstacles means you are no longer permitted to point out the existence of obstacles?
You don’t get it. Something is not an obstacle when
1) it doesn’t bother your ilk, and
2) it doesn’t stop every intended person.

I also regret the early demise of Firefly….
Personally, I find that to be a tired well. Kinda like people who think they're edgy or hip doing Monty Python quotes or quoting from The Wire. It's almost a trope nowadays to be outraged about Firefly. I'm more disappointed Almost Human or Jerimiah didn't get the love they clearly deserved.

And don't get me started about Counterpart.
Point taken but it was a natural that came to mind when talking about sci-fi. It

No, women do not love shows about being raped or being prostitutes.
Jerry Springer might disagree.
Here is a thing. Women tend to like cheap unscripted shows where women basically bitching about relationships and gossips.
These shows cost literally nothing to produce, all you need is a good relatable personality like Oprah.
Men generally like scripted, expensive to produce shows with actual plot which spans years.
Statement is without evidence.

The misogyny in this statement is appalling.
Don't call simple observations a misogyny.
SciFi (especially TV series) and Kardashians/Oprah are the two best discriminators of sex, They just are.
By what evidence??

Back up your statement.

And yes your statement shows sexism.

Back
Top Bottom