• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New report on climate change released today

And what's that got to do with it? I didn't say the really extreme temperatures were a mere 100,000 years in the past. You'll need to add some zeroes to get back to the really extreme times.

I must be that thick not to see the obvious! My point was and is that the F....g climate changes, it's done so for billions of year's of the earth's existence. The industrial age really got going around the early 1900's. So called climatologists begin to see a rapid rise in temperature from around 1870's, decades before this industrialization began. Proving that climate is a natural phenomena of the earth, it's always been so and always will be. As National Geographic says, " climate changes, species that don't adapt become extinct. A good example of adaption is the cactus that survives in the hottest of deserts, or the polar bears that adapted and are today thriving in the Arctic Circle.

The 1870s are decades before the industrialization began??

The railroad was invented in 1821. The steamship many decades before that. They burned coal.

So you think that the burning of coal with the invention of railroads started global warming? I have this great coat hanger shaped bridge located in a major Australian city for sale. For today only as I'm a little short of cash you can buy it off me at a bargain price! If you're interested Just send me your bank details.

Hmmm, not really. The “evidence” such as it is, is suspect. These prophesies of doom are based faith. It (AGW) really has become a rapture like cult.
Actually, global cooling doom prophesies of the 70s were a result of media hype. Only 10% of climatologists were thinking cooling trend would continue. Also they were mostly correct about theory which was later confirmed numerically. Global cooling is really a part of Global warming. In short, climatologists were correct back then and they are correct now.

So whether the earth warms up or cools, like it has done since 1998, it's all to do with climate change! You want the cake and eat it too! That's the genius of changing the moniker from global warming to climate change. Even excessive farting by someone who ate too many baked beans can blame it on climate!

Hmmm, not really. The “evidence” such as it is, is suspect. These prophesies of doom are based faith. It (AGW) really has become a rapture like cult.
Actually, global cooling doom prophesies of the 70s were a result of media hype. Only 10% of climatologists were thinking cooling trend would continue. Also they were mostly correct about theory which was later confirmed numerically. Global cooling is really a part of Global warming. In short, climatologists were correct back then and they are correct now.

So whether the earth warms up or cools, like it has done since 1998, it's all to do with climate change! You want the cake and eat it too! That's the genius of changing the moniker from global warming to climate change. Even excessive farting by someone who ate too many baked beans can blame it on climate!
Yes, global cooling was due to aerosols from burning coal and other crap (remember acid rains?). Then both emissions got cleaner and amount of CO2 accumulated in the atmosphere overpowered aerosol effects and it became global warming.

Last edited:
Yes, global cooling was due to aerosols from burning coal and other crap (remember acid rains?). Then both emissions got cleaner and amount of CO2 accumulated in the atmosphere overpowered aerosols and it became global warming.

Are you aware that other planets in our solar system and beyond have greenhouse effect? Is humanity the cause of that too?

Yes, global cooling was due to aerosols from burning coal and other crap (remember acid rains?). Then both emissions got cleaner and amount of CO2 accumulated in the atmosphere overpowered aerosol effects and it became global warming.

Are you aware that other planets in our solar system and beyond have greenhouse effect? Is humanity the cause of that too?
Yes and of course not.

The railroad was invented in 1821. The steamship many decades before that. They burned coal.

So you think that the burning of coal with the invention of railroads started global warming? I have this great coat hanger shaped bridge located in a major Australian city for sale. For today only as I'm a little short of cash you can buy it off me at a bargain price! If you're interested Just send me your bank details.

Most major cities in the latter half of the 1800s and on into the 1900s used coal for building heating. Many older homes around here still have the old metal coal door built into the foundation. It's why chimney sweeps was an occupation.

And what's that got to do with it? I didn't say the really extreme temperatures were a mere 100,000 years in the past. You'll need to add some zeroes to get back to the really extreme times.

I must be that thick not to see the obvious! *snipped obvious errors and incorrect statements*
Well, you said it, not me.

The CO2 on this planet was in times past 1000 times higher than what it is today. And life on earth thrived long, long before homo sapiens started burning anything.
Since humankind discovered fire, what he/she has contributed to CO2 in the atmosphere is minute as compared to what nature has throughout Earths history and still is. The earth is an evolving dynamic planet. We're it any different, we would not be here discussing the new age religion of climate change.

The CO2 on this planet was in times past 1000 times higher than what it is today. And life on earth thrived long, long before homo sapiens started burning anything.
Since humankind discovered fire, what he/she has contributed to CO2 in the atmosphere is minute as compared to what nature has throughout Earths history and still is. The earth is an evolving dynamic planet. We're it any different, we would not be here discussing the new age religion of climate change.

(From Link) The last time there was this much carbon dioxide (CO2) in the Earth's atmosphere, modern humans didn't exist. Megatoothed sharks prowled the oceans, the world's seas were up to 100 feet higher than they are today, and the global average surface temperature was up to 11°F warmer than it is now.

As we near the record for the highest CO2 concentration in human history — 400 parts per million — climate scientists worry about where we were then, and where we're rapidly headed now.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/the-last-time-co2-was-this-high-humans-didnt-exist-15938

You do realize that there have been multiple extinction events in that amount of time, right?

Since humankind discovered fire, what he/she has contributed to CO2 in the atmosphere is minute as compared to what nature has throughout Earths history and still is. The earth is an evolving dynamic planet.
Thankfully the US has evolved from your POV, or we'd still have rivers burning in the US.

So do you just plan on doing nothing then? And watch the destruction around you? I really would like to know.

Like the cult of gravity? Or the cult of germ theory of disease? The cult of round Earth?

Oh now stop it. None of these things are remotely like the agenda driven theory of "climate change/CO2 "pollution". I know you are better than this.

When the scientific community all change their minds about something together it's best to listen to them. So far they've always been right.

So far they have not proved to be right. Their prophesies of doom have failed to materialize so they have pushed it back for another 12 years.

Are you suggesting 1000x increase is safe? :)
Why not go further? This planet did not exist in the past, so who needs it? :)
Here is a tip for you, everything on this planet will be dead long before CO2 reaches 1000x level.

I was showing major use of coal before your timeline, I wasn't trying to show the start of use of coal.

Your talking point is invalid. We have had another warm cycle since then--2016 blew away 1998.

Yes, global cooling was due to aerosols from burning coal and other crap (remember acid rains?). Then both emissions got cleaner and amount of CO2 accumulated in the atmosphere overpowered aerosols and it became global warming.

And you think the greenhouse effect is somehow binary?

Earth has a large natural greenhouse effect, without it we would find it a pretty chilly place. Man's actions have turned it up, though, and that's a problem.

You do realize that there have been multiple extinction events in that amount of time, right?

Since humankind discovered fire, what he/she has contributed to CO2 in the atmosphere is minute as compared to what nature has throughout Earths history and still is. The earth is an evolving dynamic planet.
Thankfully the US has evolved from your POV, or we'd still have rivers burning in the US.

Extinction is the rule not the exception on this planet. In fact attempting to preserve species goes against the nature of a constantly evolving dynamic planet Earth! In fact, any high school student will tell you that more than 90% of all life that ever lived has become extinct throughout this planets history. Species become extinct so as to allow new species to evolve.

And you think the greenhouse effect is somehow binary?

Earth has a large natural greenhouse effect, without it we would find it a pretty chilly place. Man's actions have turned it up, though, and that's a problem.

Verily i say. Nothing new has happened to our atmosphere that hasn't happened before. No so called climate " scientist " can point to a prediction made by anyone, including the infamous IPCC in the last few decades that have eventuated. Not even one prediction.

Arctic ice has not vanished, polar bears are increasing to such an extent that they're threatening the local people, and sea levels have not risen to inundate the low lying islands world wide. The IPCC computer modeling has been exposed for what it is. Just extremist ranting with a political agenda!

Back
Top Bottom