• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New report on climate change released today

I have repeatedly asked for an example of a scientific claim of doomsday that didn't come true.

- - - Updated - - -

Science is a falsifiable peer reviewed experimental hypothesis. Not computer modeled if or buts. If a scientific theory fails, it's back to the drawing board and starting all over again. So far ALL the computer modeling of vanishing ice caps and alarming rising of the seas have failed to eventuate. So what happens? Oops, " we have to change the name or the layperson will call it out as BS. Thus Climate Change came into being. That way every single weather event can be attributed to " climate change." Dead fish in a river, drought, floods, in some brainless quarters, even an earthquake. Freezing Winter, scorching Summer, cyclones/typhoons, ect, ect, ect, all can be attributed to climate change. The IPCC is a political body not a truly a scientific body, and it's the reason many honest scientists have left that body while their credibility is still intact. And who can blame them!

You still haven't come up with an example of a failed doomsday prediction by the scientists.

Hold on! Why are you trying to reverse what I've been continuously asking the alarmists to provide me with?

You keep talking about failed predictions--yet you don't have any examples of them. All you have is popular press claims, not scientific claims.

Is that so! I very much doubt I'm the only person here who has Google!

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-s...st-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-2/

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech...ate-alarmists-make-future-predictions-suspect

I have repeatedly asked for an example of a scientific claim of doomsday that didn't come true.

- - - Updated - - -

You still haven't come up with an example of a failed doomsday prediction by the scientists.

Hold on! Why are you trying to reverse what I've been continuously asking the alarmists to provide me with?

You keep talking about failed predictions--yet you don't have any examples of them. All you have is popular press claims, not scientific claims.

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-s...st-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-2/

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech...ate-alarmists-make-future-predictions-suspect

Can't put it on the internet if it isn't true. And I'm a French model. Bonjour!

- - - Updated - - -

It's only true if it comes from some wacko alt-right conspiracy theory peddling racist source. Just ask angelo.

So Teh Gruaniad has managed to get it's hands on a report that is going to be presented to "policymakers" somewhere. Oh my, we are doooooooomed !!!!!11!!!11!!

The world’s leading scientists will warn the planet’s life-support systems are approaching a danger zone for humanity when they release the results of the most comprehensive study of life on Earth ever undertaken.
Up to 1m species are at risk of annihilation, many within decades, according to a leaked draft of the global assessment report
The 1,800-page study will show people living today, as well as wildlife and future generations, are at risk unless urgent action is taken to reverse the loss of plants, insects and other creatures on which humanity depends for food, pollination, clean water and a stable climate.
the overview of the state of the world’s nature is expected to provide evidence that the world is facing a sixth wave of extinction. Unlike the past five, this one is human-driven.
Barrett said this posed an environmental emergency for humanity, which is threatened by a triple challenge of climate, nature and food production. “There is no time to despair,” he said.

Teh Gruaniad

Codswallop.

Now, in a desperate bid to take the focus away from Brexit, MP's waste everyone's time with declaring a "climate emergency".

MPs have endorsed a Labour motion to declare a formal climate and environment emergency, with Jeremy Corbyn hailing the move as a necessary response to school climate strikers and groups such as Extinction Rebellion.

Corbyn, in a statement after the debate, added: “We pledge to work as closely as possible with countries that are serious about ending the climate catastrophe and make clear to Donald Trump that he cannot ignore international agreements and action on the climate crisis.”

Opening the debate Corbyn told MPs that at current trends the point of zero net emissions would not be reached until the end of the century, by which time “our grandchildren will be fighting for survival on a dying planet.

Teh Gruaniad

Corvyn: make clear to Donald Trump that he cannot ignore international agreements and action on the climate crisis. :hysterical:

Oh Jezza, please stop, my side can't take it. What a walloper Jezza is.

So Teh Gruaniad has managed to get it's hands on a report that is going to be presented to "policymakers" somewhere. Oh my, we are doooooooomed !!!!!11!!!11!!

The world’s leading scientists will warn the planet’s life-support systems are approaching a danger zone for humanity when they release the results of the most comprehensive study of life on Earth ever undertaken.
Up to 1m species are at risk of annihilation, many within decades, according to a leaked draft of the global assessment report
The 1,800-page study will show people living today, as well as wildlife and future generations, are at risk unless urgent action is taken to reverse the loss of plants, insects and other creatures on which humanity depends for food, pollination, clean water and a stable climate.
the overview of the state of the world’s nature is expected to provide evidence that the world is facing a sixth wave of extinction. Unlike the past five, this one is human-driven.
Barrett said this posed an environmental emergency for humanity, which is threatened by a triple challenge of climate, nature and food production. “There is no time to despair,” he said.

Teh Gruaniad

Codswallop.
Why is it codswallop? Do we need to be on the verge of extinction before you think something should be done about it?

Astrophysicists say that an asteroid the size of Wisconsin has been detected and has a 50% chance of impacting Earth in 60 years.

Codswallop!

The oceans are getting warmer, we are seeing a decline in certain species, including bees. The ecosystem is robust, but it isn't indestructible.

Do we need to be on the verge of extinction before you think something should be done about it?

According to Teh Gruaniad we have been on the verge of extinction for the past 25 years. It's a Rapture like cult.

The oceans are getting warmer, we are seeing a decline in certain species, including bees. The ecosystem is robust, but it isn't indestructible.

Maybe so but there is zero evidence that any of that is caused by AGW.

Do we need to be on the verge of extinction before you think something should be done about it?

According to Teh Gruaniad we have been on the verge of extinction for the past 25 years. It's a Rapture like cult.
Good for them. I'm talking about what is actually being observed.

Maybe so but there is zero evidence that any of that is caused by AGW.
The number "zero" is not accurate. There is definitely evidence. I believe the term you are looking for is "proof".

- - - Updated - - -

It's only true if it comes from some wacko alt-right conspiracy theory peddling racist source. Just ask angelo.

Of course, all dissenting views must be from alt-right [whatever that means] or conspiracy theorists right? One man's imaginary friend is delusional. If many have n imaginary friend, it's a religious cult just like GW/CC is.

What is actually being observed is natural variability. There is nothing going on now that hasn’t happened before.

That's simply untrue.

https://xkcd.com/1732/

Reality doesn't conform to your claims, no matter how firmly you believe them to be the truth. What is happening now is warming at a rate unprecedented in the history of homo sapiens.

What is actually being observed is natural variability. There is nothing going on now that hasn’t happened before.

That's simply untrue.

Reality doesn't conform to your claims, no matter how firmly you believe them to be the truth. What is happening now is warming at a rate unprecedented in the history of homo sapiens.
You don't get it. Since earth's climate and concomitant weather have been variable in the past, any variation now is simply a continuation of that history - no matter the variation is unprecedented. Facts are facts!!!!!!! Stop being a chicken little and embrace the variability.

That's simply untrue.

That graph is far too detailed and comprehensive for the attention spans of climate skeptics, unfortunately.

Besides being a wrong-headed argument, you're also setting the bar way too low. The "anything-that-happened-before" bar of expectations means, corporations would be free to set the Universe back to a Big Bang-like state and you'd say "well, this is natural variation because it happened before." Your frame of reference really ought not be the Big Bang, primordial Earth, or when the last Ice Age ended 11,700 years ago.

As far as Australia is concerned, Australian Chief Scientist Alan Finkel, a warmist, has admitted that even if a 100% cut in our emissions [by 2030] would have virtually no effect on climate, because we are just too small. Yet the left side of Australian politics have managed to convince the sheep that we need a change of government, and that to save the planet they must vote for a potentially disastrous Labor/Green government which refuses to tell the said sheep the cost of their 50% emission reduction by 2030. Sanity over this matter has flown out the window and landed in la la land.

In the US there's some bimbo getting around the country and getting her adoring leftist fans swooning saying in 12 years, the world in " gonna" end unless the nation adopts her looney tunes idea of a Green New Deal which would completely destroy the American economy and to put it mildly, simply unachievable.

Meanwhile, China and India and third world countries are building coal powered power stations at the rate of around 200 per year.

But the elephant in the room of overpopulation is never mentioned by the warmists alarmists.

Back
Top Bottom