• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

Well, that went a bit easier than I expected for the Patriots. Have no idea what to expect in Kansas City.

Saints beat the Eagles after the Saints remember how to play defense.

Eagles Saints game was pretty good. I didn’t think the Eagles were going to close the deal. Saints looked confident throughout the game.

Forecast from way on out... for Sunday in Kansas City (the 6:30 PM game... yeah, the dome team in New Orleans plays the afternoon game, granted, only people in Kansas City are aware of what the weather is like during this time of year, so that might explain the oversight)...

Mostly sunny. Frigid. Highs around 18. Wind chill
readings 10 below to 15 below zero in the morning.

Temperature went below 50, and the Chargers fell apart. What a dismal performance.
Funny that Rivers still threw for 331 yds, had 3 TDs and just 1 INT. Granted, about 2/3's of that was when the Patriots weren't trying.

Forecast from way on out... for Sunday in Kansas City (the 6:30 PM game... yeah, the dome team in New Orleans plays the afternoon game, granted, only people in Kansas City are aware of what the weather is like during this time of year, so that might explain the oversight)...

Temperature went below 50, and the Chargers fell apart. What a dismal performance.
Funny that Rivers still threw for 331 yds, had 3 TDs and just 1 INT. Granted, about 2/3's of that was when the Patriots weren't trying.

Exactly. Aside from garbage time, he threw for maybe a buck and a quarter. They looked as unprepared on both sides of the ball as the Ravens did on offense the previous week, and the Ravens fired their OC. Chargers are a lousy playoff team.

Exactly. Aside from garbage time, he threw for maybe a buck and a quarter. They looked as unprepared on both sides of the ball as the Ravens did on offense the previous week, and the Ravens fired their OC. Chargers are a lousy playoff team.
I was laughing in disbelief during parts of the first half. After the initial drive, I remarked, if the Chargers can't stop the Patriots running game, this thing is over. Then the Chargers scored quickly and my Dad noted it'd be a shoot out and I said, but if the Chargers can't stop the Patriots running game, the Pats won't lose. The Patriots did everything they wanted on the field.

In general, it seems to be which system plays better against the other system on the field. And now I'm doing my best to ignore the outcome for the Kansas City game. What happened in New England was Belicheck out coached San Diego. The Charger defense kept on playing against a team that was playing 3rd and long, despite being manhandled, and the Patriots played very well on defense, obliterating the Chargers running game.

Getting closer to the Maroon 5 halftime show !

I’m hoping the Rams go through and I am quietly confident they will squeak through after a thoroughly entertaining game.

I don’t have a preference as to who wins the other game. I think the Pats will probably win though. And get destroyed in the Super Bowl by the Rams.

Rams squeak through !! Brilliant effort but a little bit lucky with one of the non calls.

Rams squeak through !! Brilliant effort but a little bit lucky with one of the non calls.
But what about the INT. Was the pass deflected or did the Rams player illegally knock down the Saints receiver?

I’d rather Belichek have a young QB to toy with and play the Rams, but the Saints were robbed in what I believe was the worst non-call I’ve ever seen.

Dunno if I’d go so far as to say robbed. It was a bad non call but doesn’t mean to say it impact the outcome of the game.

Dunno if I’d go so far as to say robbed. It was a bad non call but doesn’t mean to say it impact the outcome of the game.

FG from 25 yds as time expires, yeah, that call took away a very easy shot at the game for NO.

Meanwhile, Andy Reid and offensive coordinator need to figure something out. One good offense play the entire half.

Mind you, I remember Manning making a wonderful comeback against New England at the RCA dome and went on to beat the Bears.

Only set back for New England is 14 pts isn’t the lead their dominance should have. KC isn’t DOA like the Chargers were at halftime, but they should have been.

I think there were a couple of bad calls that benefited both teams down the wire, so the outcome was fair. New England rarely makes it easy for their fans. Simply put, their inability to close it out in the First Half gave Kansas City an avenue back into the game. I know nothing about the Rams other than they play in Los Angeles and they may have a young QB.

The Patriots will have played in half of the Super Bowls since 2001. We are talking Montreal Canadiens and NY Yankees good ole day dynasty type records now. It is all gravy at this point (well, after the 3rd win one I suppose).

#wewanttheball

Tom Brady is The Bringer of Darkness for so many NFL fans. But since he brought darkness to Chiefs fans this time, I'm happy.

Now I hope the Rams beat the Patriots because 1) Tom Brady need not destroy anymore happiness than he already has, and 2) American sports fans hate L.A. teams because they seem to think that SoCal fans are fair weather. It would make me happy to see so many other sports fans unhappy.

When your team is the Raiders, hate-watching the playoffs is all you have. :(

Completely changed the outcome. Had the clear and obvious correct call been made, NO would have been able to run the clock down and kick a 20 yard chip shot with time expiring.

Completely changed the outcome. Had the clear and obvious correct call been made, NO would have been able to run the clock down and kick a 20 yard chip shot with time expiring.

Possibly. But anything could have happened, fumble, blocked kick etc. It was a shocking non call though.

Back
Top Bottom