• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

I was playing about Browns playoffs history. I know ALL about Lou Groza and Jim Brown (who the team was named after) and all their championships and then later always losing to Denver on the last play.

Rams got their start in Cleveland even, but the Browns were much more successful. Rams won once while in Cleveland and once again a few years after they moved to LA, but never again since in LA. :sad-smiley-021:

I was playing about Browns playoffs history. I know ALL about Lou Groza and Jim Brown (who the team was named after) and all their championships and then later always losing to Denver on the last play.

Rams got their start in Cleveland even, but the Browns were much more successful. Rams won once while in Cleveland and once again a few years after they moved to LA, but never again since in LA. :sad-smiley-021:

All due respect, but if you knew ALL of that, you’d know the team was named after Paul Brown, the co-founder and head coach for their first 17 years. He’s considered to be the greatest innovator in the history of football.

I've heard it both ways.

Actually, they are named after the color of the Cuyahoga River back when the team was put together. ;)

Paul Brown... guy got around. Involved with the ownership of two professional football franchises. The stadium in Cincinnati is named after him and Crayola dedicated a crayon (formerly dark beige) in his honor.

Covid has been very good for Jackson, he was phenomenal.
I'm not sure the first part of that sentence is accurate. His cramps that were 20 seconds from costing the game could very well have been a COVID byproduct. In fact, Jackson himself thinks they probably were. But yeah, he was great and to come back on the field at the last second and throw that pass on the run was Hollywood heroics.

Mayfield was great too, almost 1000 passing yards in the past 3 games. Browns aren't my team, but I root for them on behalf of a recently passed friend who was a diehard Brownie that never saw them win. I think both these teams are actually better than the Steelers right now.

Covid has been very good for Jackson, he was phenomenal.
I'm not sure the first part of that sentence is accurate. His cramps that were 20 seconds from costing the game could very well have been a COVID byproduct. In fact, Jackson himself thinks they probably were. But yeah, he was great and to come back on the field at the last second and throw that pass on the run was Hollywood heroics.

Mayfield was great too, almost 1000 passing yards in the past 3 games. Browns aren't my team, but I root for them on behalf of a recently passed friend who was a diehard Brownie that never saw them win. I think both these teams are actually better than the Steelers right now.

Yes, it's odd that the AFC North division leader (and likely winner) is probably only the third-best team at this point. I think both the Browns and Ravens would love a matchup with the Steelers in the playoffs.

Ravens need to win out to have a realistic chance at playoffs. They might be worn out, getting ready to play their third straight game on only 6 days rest; or maybe they'll be so happy to finally be playing on Sunday afternoon that they'll put the game out of reach early.

Like I was saying, Goff SUCKS. They lost by 3, and this Goff special led to a field goal, so I put this on him.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1340776948255969281[/TWEET]

Look at that dumbass throw. Even if weren't picked off, it was way behind his target, well his presumed target, cuz who the hell knows where that was supposed to go.

All I can do is laugh though, if anybody was going to lose to the Jets it would be the Rams.

And sorry, WAB, there goes your number one pick.

I feel a little better now since I deem Pittsburgh's collapse as a bigger embarrassment. Roethlisberger looked like Goff, you know what I mean? I mean, he SUCKED.

I feel a little better now since I deem Pittsburgh's collapse as a bigger embarrassment. Roethlisberger looked like Goff, you know what I mean? I mean, he SUCKED.

The Steelers' entire season was a mirage. Worst 11-0 team ever. And now Ben's arm is falling off. I'd be ecstatic, but if they lose their next two games, they could cost the Ravens a playoff spot.

So this'll lead to Kansas City and a bunch of upstarts in the AFC battling it out to face Green Bay or Seattle.

Brady kept doing that, but kept winning or at least getting to the Super Bowl. Big Ben has a lot more mileage on his body too.

Yeah, what the hell happened to Ben? Well for one thing, he can't run the ball and everyone knows it. I think another problem is they let him call the plays, that is great when he is playing well, but you could see it on his face he wasn't into it.
They can't beat Indy next week and then they face the Browns in the final week. The Browns will win this week and be playing for the north title. It is bad, unless the Steelers can turn things around.

Kornacki told me Ravens had about 80% chance to make it. They do have a lot of paths, but none of the games they need are close to a sure thing. Bills beating Dolphins might be their best shot.

Kornacki told me Ravens had about 80% chance to make it. They do have a lot of paths, but none of the games they need are close to a sure thing. Bills beating Dolphins might be their best shot.

If the Steelers continue to implode, the Bills might be able to rest their starters in the Dolphins game because they’ll already have the #2 seed clinched.

If the Steelers continue to implode, the Bills might be able to rest their starters in the Dolphins game because they’ll already have the #2 seed clinched.

I think that is very likely, and then that will make it more than likely that the Bills face Chiefs in the Championship, which would be a great matchup. I expect Pitt to lose to both Colts and the Browns, and at minimum to one of them. The Bills are likely to get the #2, and the Browns to win their division. Who would of thought that the Browns and Bills would become division winners in the same year?

Of course, the #2 will likely face the Ravens in the first round, so it might not be something to wish for.

Back
Top Bottom