• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

All I know is the Pats came back to win it. I have no idea what the feel for the game was. Not that it matters much, other than "YES! The Jets lost."

Saints are in; Packers are right behind them & hold head to head tiebreaker against Saints.

All I know is the Pats came back to win it. I have no idea what the feel for the game was. Not that it matters much, other than "YES! The Jets lost."

Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat...
Cam Newton knows how to pack in the points with every passing yard. 68 passing (just over 100 yards total Newton office) and 31 offensive points. That is pure offensive efficiency!

Cam Newton knows how to pack in the points with every passing yard. 68 passing (just over 100 yards total Newton office) and 31 offensive points. That is pure offensive efficiency!

Sure, rub it in, rub it in.

Where's Broadway Joe when you need him?

And no "he's probably drunk as fuck and hitting on some young prompter in a commercial" jokes!

Go Jets!!!! :joy:

:eek:

Would you rather they win a game or get number 1 draft?

I would choose the latter, were it not for the fact that I would not wish such a fate for any talented athlete. No, heavens no. I would rather they win a few games, to prevent that.

They need someone like Ken O'Brien again, a solid QB, a great passer, a smart and accomplished player of the game.

Would you rather they win a game or get number 1 draft?

I would choose the latter, were it not for the fact that I would not wish such a fate for any talented athlete. No, heavens no. I would rather they win a few games, to prevent that.

They need someone like Ken O'Brien again, a solid QB, a great passer, a smart and accomplished player of the game.

1 win by the Jets might give Trevor Lawrence to the Jaguars, depending on how the tiebreakers play out.

For WAB.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/GP_K5czbny4[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: WAB
kornacki nfl.jpg

As it stands, the Rams are in a comfortable position to make the playoffs, but I don't see them joining their fellow LA teams as champs for 2020. The Chargers at 4-9 have as good a chance. The issue is Jared Goff sucks. I used to be a fan, well for 2 years at least, but he has regressed badly since making the Super Bowl. He barely belongs in the NFL at this point. Every game he misses wide open targets, misses the most basic throws that any NFL quarterback should be able to make, let alone making any the passes elite QBs could make. They don't let him throw deep anymore, mostly only short out passes for precious, coddled Goff. They design plays for him to have everything super easy for him to make a play, yet he still fucks it up. The one thing he is good at is turnovers, not just INTs but fumbles. The motherfucker has no fucking pocket presence whatsoever, nor the good judgment to ever fucking cover up the ball when he's being sacked. All this has forced the Rams to become a boring running team. Their running game is decent but not dominating enough for a deep playoff run. What's especially frustrating is the Rams are strong in every other area but QB. The O and D lines are doing great after an awful 2019 for both. The defense is as good as it's been in 20 years. On offense, they got a top rate receiving crew (they get open but it doesn't matter). On special teams, the punter is a game changing weapon on his own. True, the fg kicking game has been an ordeal this year, going on their 3rd kicker, but the latest one has settled in enough for some confidence there, fingers crossed. Other than that, Goff is the one big fucking kibosh on any hope of success. Sure, some teams have won it all with average QBs, but those QBs had the competency and intelligence to play smartly and not throw away any games on their own like a motherfucking dumbshit Goff.

I know it may seem a big uncouth to complain when some other teams are struggling with far worse QB performances, say Cam Newton for example, but Jared Goff does really fucking sucks. By the way, it was only slightly satisfying to beat a diminished Pats and diminished Tom Brady this year. It was far better than losing, but hardly any kind of make up for losing the last matchup. The NE game is a good example of the Goff problem. They won 24-3, but one TD was on defense. Goff's line was

................C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
Jared Goff 16/25 137 5.5 1 1 1-5 46.8 74.9

5.5 yds/att will not cut it. NE had a tough day scoring and their 3rd down stat of 3/13 fits, but LA was even worse at 3/14. His longest completion was for 25 yards, Newton did better than that, and usually when Goff gets a long completion stat it's because of the yards after catch. The Rams defense and running game won the game. The one bright spot for Goff was he only turned it over once.

The only shot the Rams have is to rely on the power of 2020 to bring misery to every other city's major sports fans for the year.

To be fair, I have no reason to believe Goff isn't a splendid person off the field, but on it he SUCKS.

/rant over :) Go Rams

Ravens-Browns game was epic. Tied a record for most rushing TDs in a game. Lamar Jackson misses two series in the 4th quarter with cramps, then runs out of the locker room when his backup is injured, and immediately throws a TD pass on 4th down to retake the lead with 2 minutes left. And then a whole bunch more stuff happened. Wild.

I went to look up the box score for that game and this is what I saw for the end of the 4th.

View attachment 30785

The last play is a doozy. Looks like a horse racing chart.

I watched some of the game too. Covid has been very good for Jackson, he was phenomenal.

But I really wanted to say more about the Rams. I forgot to add that though they are 9-4, not stellar on its face, that includes going 4-0 against NFC east. And those wins were early in the season before the east started showing life. Yippee.

I went to look up the box score for that game and this is what I saw for the end of the 4th.

View attachment 30785

The last play is a doozy. Looks like a horse racing chart.

I watched some of the game too. Covid has been very good for Jackson, he was phenomenal.

I was surprised they were able to make all of those laterals legally. Also interesting is that the betting line on that game was Ravens (-3), so all those Ravens wagers cashed in after time had expired.

Jackson was definitely still worn down from COVID, but he played through it brilliantly.

The good news is the Browns held their ground, lost, but held their ground and kept fighting back. Actually, maybe "holding their ground" is a bad metaphor seeing they gave up a lot of rushing. Maybe just stick with "kept fighting back". Making the playoffs seems to be a certainty... may get a "home" game. Well, depending on the opponent, the weather could definitely come into play.

Can't see the pic I attached no more, trying again.

View attachment 30791

Also, Tucker is underpaid, what a luxury to have a player like that.

It does look like the Browns will make the playoffs, which as far as I can remember could be the first time in franchise history.

Ravens still have a plausible shot at making it too, considering the upcoming schedule, or so Kornacki tells me.

View attachment 30791

It does look like the Browns will make the playoffs, which as far as I can remember could be the first time in franchise history.

Ravens still have a plausible shot at making it too, considering the upcoming schedule, or so Kornacki tells me.

The “new” Browns have made one playoff appearance in their 31 years, in 2002. They were “one and done”.

Ravens have an excellent chance if they win out, which they should (Jags, Giants, Bengals, combined record 8-32), although the Giants have looked much better lately.

Tucker could retire today and still make the Hall of Fame.

View attachment 30791

The “new” Browns have made one playoff appearance in their 31 years, in 2002. They were “one and done”.

Ravens have an excellent chance if they win out, which they should (Jags, Giants, Bengals, combined record 8-32), although the Giants have looked much better lately.

Tucker could retire today and still make the Hall of Fame.
I needed to look it up, the Browns lost 36 to 33 to the Steelers. Kelly Holcomb, one of the forty-nine QBs the Browns have started since Tim Couch restarted the franchise, threw for 429 yards! The Browns were up 24-7 in the third quarter and 33-21 in the fourth.

Back
Top Bottom