• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

That'd be just about any Cleveland QB. Mayfield isn't special, but he seems to be decent enough to be a starter. Of course, Cleveland fans would turn on him in two weeks.

! I was excited about the seahawks. Love Russell Wilson. But our defense is just terrible. Awful. Maye the worst in the NFL.

As a silver lining, there are no great teams in the NFC and most are terrible. I'd say that Seahawks, Packers, and Tampa (fucking Brady) are the top three, Cardinals and Rams a tier just below, Saints are very iffy, and then the rest are varieties of garbage including my Bears whose record is an illusion as last night showed. Seahawks are still a good bet for Superbowl, but whichever NFC team gets there is likely to get smacked down by the AFC team (even if it's not the Chiefs).

BTW, I had no horse in the game, but Sunday night's Seahawks game was maybe the best of the year. It's sad they didn't pull off the win, b/c that would have made Metcalf's amazing rundown more prominent in the history books as it deserves, especially since the Cards got zero points from that 1st and goal.

I wager the hapless Jets will be winless this season.

But I refuse to give up. It's been 51 years. What's fifty more? Or a hundred? Perhaps one of my descendants will get to see them win? Perhaps there will be victorious sentient software Jets?

I fear now that things are so bad they may fold up and disappear.

That'd be just about any Cleveland QB. Mayfield isn't special, but he seems to be decent enough to be a starter. Of course, Cleveland fans would turn on him in two weeks.

No, I think Mayfield’s ego far outpaces his skills. The Browns have had plenty of bad QBs, but I can’t think of another one who butts heads with the press and calls out his teammates the way Baker does.

! I was excited about the seahawks. Love Russell Wilson. But our defense is just terrible. Awful. Maye the worst in the NFL.

As a silver lining, there are no great teams in the NFC and most are terrible. I'd say that Seahawks, Packers, and Tampa (fucking Brady) are the top three, Cardinals and Rams a tier just below, Saints are very iffy, and then the rest are varieties of garbage including my Bears whose record is an illusion as last night showed. Seahawks are still a good bet for Superbowl, but whichever NFC team gets there is likely to get smacked down by the AFC team (even if it's not the Chiefs).

BTW, I had no horse in the game, but Sunday night's Seahawks game was maybe the best of the year. It's sad they didn't pull off the win, b/c that would have made Metcalf's amazing rundown more prominent in the history books as it deserves, especially since the Cards got zero points from that 1st and goal.

Yea, Tampa Bay looks very good! I'd really like to see Seattle trade for a rush edger who can get to the qB.

I wager the hapless Jets will be winless this season.

But I refuse to give up. It's been 51 years. What's fifty more? Or a hundred? Perhaps one of my descendants will get to see them win? Perhaps there will be victorious sentient software Jets?

I fear now that things are so bad they may fold up and disappear.

But you'll get the brightest QB prospect in 10 years. Having a young great QB totally changes a franchise as noted in San Diego.

Yea, Tampa Bay looks very good! I'd really like to see Seattle trade for a rush edger who can get to the qB.

Ngakoue was available for a very reasonable price. Glad the Ravens grabbed him.

Ngakoue was available for a very reasonable price. Glad the Ravens grabbed him.

That guy is a monster. He's from Portland Oregon. Hard to believe a guy that big can be so agile and fast.

Born in Washington, DC, went to University of Maryland. Ravens fans were unhappy when the team didn't draft him, as well as a couple other U-MD players who've done very well.

He's not going to be a great run-stopper, which will limit his usefulness, but if he helps them pressure the QB with a 4-man rush, instead of constant blitzing, it's a game-changer.

That guy is a monster. He's from Portland Oregon. Hard to believe a guy that big can be so agile and fast.

Born in Washington, DC, went to University of Maryland. Ravens fans were unhappy when the team didn't draft him, as well as a couple other U-MD players who've done very well.

He's not going to be a great run-stopper, which will limit his usefulness, but if he helps them pressure the QB with a 4-man rush, instead of constant blitzing, it's a game-changer.

Sorry, you're right. I was thinking out Suh from Tampa Bay.

Steelers are having a great year. I think they are a franchise that doesn't panic at every turn. They have only had 3 coaches in the last twenty years, didn't shit the bed a couple of years ago when Brown and Bell self destructed. They keep their defenses solid with good picks and seem to always fill the problems they have with a good farming system. But, it is hard to win that division, so here's hoping. Also they have never had cheerleaders...so maybe football is their main concern?

Steelers are having a great year. I think they are a franchise that doesn't panic at every turn. They have only had 3 coaches in the last twenty years, didn't shit the bed a couple of years ago when Brown and Bell self destructed. They keep their defenses solid with good picks and seem to always fill the problems they have with a good farming system. But, it is hard to win that division, so here's hoping. Also they have never had cheerleaders...so maybe football is their main concern?

Someone needs to figure out how the Steelers evaluate wide receivers in the draft. They rarely miss on those picks.

Egad! Allow the opposing QB only 11 completed passes and you lose the game?! Of course, you give up 200 yards rushing...

Pats are done and done... until their inevitable 9-0 final run into the playoffs. ;)

Sounds like Newton had a better game, but the late fumble cost them.

Two horrific performances from the Los Angeles teams. The Rams kept giving the ball away and the Chargers couldn't hold on to a decent lead. Why does LA have two teams anyway ? For decades we had none and the next thing I know there are two !

Two horrific performances from the Los Angeles teams. The Rams kept giving the ball away and the Chargers couldn't hold on to a decent lead. Why does LA have two teams anyway ? For decades we had none and the next thing I know there are two !

The Chargers have one of the most exciting young players in the league. Get some offensive linemen for him, rebuild that defense, and the future will be bright for the Chargers.

That's the trouble with two teams in LA, you really only pay attention to one of them. I only casually watch the Chargers, I couldn't name their quarterback or coach with a gun to my head. I actually paid more attention to them when they were in San Diego. I always had a soft spot for them because I like San Diego. I still hpe they do well though.

The Jets are leading in the 4th!

I thought the transition to mediocrity was going to be a little more subtle than this. :D

So the Jets lost anyway, but they shouldn't feel too bad, because it would be better if their first win came against a quality opponent. They have a good shot next week against the Chargers because that team is inventing new ways every week to throw away victory.

Back
Top Bottom