• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Nigel Farage: if I was an American citizen I wouldn’t vote for Hillary Clinton if you paid me”

whichphilosophy

Contributor
Travelling through Europe, Middle East and Asia
Basic Beliefs
Energy is itself a Life form
Certainly I can agree with Farage on that. Since he stepped down from the UKIP leadership he has a bit of time to stoke things up at the US elections

Hilary fired back but really these are misquotes and I thought she could have done better.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-blasts-nigel-farage-071246199.html

Hillary Clinton has launched a vicious attack on Nigel Farage after the outgoing Ukip leader said he would not vote for the Democratic presidential hopeful even if he was paid to do so.

Farage spoke at a rally for Clinton’s Republican rival, Donald Trump, in Mississippi, drawing parallels between the EU referendum campaign and the businessman’s bid to take the White House.

But his comment that “if I was an American citizen I wouldn’t vote for Hillary Clinton if you paid me” has prompted an angry response.

I guess the Americans will not be choosing the best choice but the least bad choice this time round.

Well, that's as good an endorsement for Hillary Clinton as one could get. If I were her, I'd be blanketing the airwaves with that clip.

What an ignorant buffoon. You don't get paid to vote for her, you pay her to gain potential political access. Idiot!

Interesting statistic from Princeton Election Consortium: Clinton and Trump are splitting 79.5% of the electorate, whereas the comparable number for Romney/Obama in 2012 was 91%.

At the same time, this election has had low volatility.

A lot of people are sitting this one out apparently.

What an ignorant buffoon. You don't get paid to vote for her, you pay her to gain potential political access. Idiot!

Actually it's a little bit simpler than that. First, you pay someone else to pay the Clinton Foundation. Then, Chelsea sends an email to someone in Hillary's staff over an unsecured line. That staff person then meets someone else in a parking garage at midnight and THAT person returns the favor to someone related to you but not in your immediate family by either buying them lunch at an airport cafeteria or if they're incompetent, by getting them a government job.

Am I the only person bothered by the lack of "were" in the subjunctive mood?

Only globalists and foreigners use that elitist, grammatically correct English. Farage is working people.

farage.jpg

Just because 51% of the British don't have a clue that is no reason to vote for Trump. The most despicable man in the world.

It takes an incredible imagination for one to think he would represent them. Or acknowledge their existence once elected.

Just because 51% of the British don't have a clue that is no reason to vote for Trump. The most despicable man in the world.

Heh. Politics have become so crazy partisan. If you don't agree with me, it's because you're dumb! What a world.

Heh. Politics have become so crazy partisan. If you don't agree with me, it's because you're dumb! What a world.

If somebody supports Trump they should have a rational reason for doing so.

I've not heard one that has any relation to reality.

That implies that he would sell his vote for someone else.

Was it Reagan who said Politics is possibly the second oldest profession.

- - - Updated - - -

If somebody supports Trump they should have a rational reason for doing so.

I've not heard one that has any relation to reality.

The problem is no so much that as it's a competition in the UK to see who is the worst of the two.

Am I the only person bothered by the lack of "were" in the subjunctive mood?

My understanding is that subjunctive uses "was" in the present tense and "were" in the past tense. So I think his usage was correct.

Back
Top Bottom