• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NPR tweeted the Declaration of Independence. Some people got angry

untermensche

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
magic mood ring
But when NPR did just that, posting the document line-by-line in a series of tweets on Tuesday, Twitter users thought the words of our founding fathers were overtly political statements. As a result, they pulled the Declaration into the abrasive political rhetoric of 2017.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/npr-tweeted-the-declaration-of-independence-some-people-got-angry/ar-BBDNQXU?li=BBnb7Kz

Trump supporters condemned the words of the Declaration of Independence as partisan political attacks against Trump.

That they see the words of the DOI as attacking Trump is interesting.

That they still support Trump is a nightmare.

DEPLORABLE!!!! To bad Don the Con didn't have a twitterfit and respond at NPR in a similar rage before it became very public. Now that would have been a fun triple backspin with a double twist to watch...

Well, this falls under "This ain't news" category. Trump supporters are the dumbest political minds in the world. They could very well be very intelligent people, with advanced degrees, capable of doing big things. But when it comes to Trump and politics, they just become unbelievably ignorant.
DEPLORABLE!!!! To bad Don the Con didn't have a twitterfit and respond at NPR in a similar rage before it became very public. Now that would have been a fun triple backspin with a double twist to watch...
That he didn't probably indicates he was too busy slamming burgers down his mouth.

And who says it's the actual words of the Declaration of Independence anyway? What we have is a copy.

If only someone could use google or a similar sort of software to search "NPR" and/or "declaration of independence" or "NPR's annual July 4th Traditional Reading of The Declaration etc."

NPR has done this every 4th of July now for 29 years. Apparently the alt-right trolls just noticed. I suspect most of them loudly complaining didn't hear it themselves.

Last edited:
This is the funniest thing to happen, ever.

I've been laughing my ass off about it since yesterday evening. This morning, trying to read some of the stupidity to my daughter, I was laughing so hard I was crying.

The downside is - no wonder we are stuck with Trump... :(

There are other examples of old quotes that people disagreed with until they learned who it was from - and vice versa. I can't remember one now that it is on the tip of my tongue.

This is a somewhat related example of people thinking the Pope John Paul was more conservative than the Dalai Lama but were wrong.

Actually my signature is one.

NPR has done this every 4th of July now for 29 years. Apparently the alt-right trolls just noticed. I suspect most of them loudly complaining didn't hear it themselves.

I believe this is the first year they've tweeted it. In the past, they've read it on air, so that's why the alt-right trolls just noticed.

There are other examples of old quotes that people disagreed with until they learned who it was from - and vice versa. I can't remember one now that it is on the tip of my tongue.

This is a somewhat related example of people thinking the Pope John Paul was more conservative than the Dalai Lama but were wrong.

Actually my signature is one.

Nice try. These fucks don't recognize the FUCKING U.S. DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE.

Aaaaaaand they are * *OFFENDED* * by WHAT IT ACTUALLY SAYS.

Give it up. You can't downplay that.

However, this response by right wing authoritarian followers is quite well understood by researchers, not a surprise at all.

Back
Top Bottom