• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged NY Rep Santos (merged from GOP elected that guy in WW84 and GOP are liars)

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
George Santos mulls making GOP's 'nightmare scenario' come true: report - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

That scenario: his running for re-election.

Top Republicans plot Santos' ouster as embattled freshman weighs reelection | CNN Politics
Embattled Rep. George Santos is contemplating a nightmare scenario for House Republicans: Trying to stick it out in Congress, even if he is indicted on criminal charges.

After previously signaling to Republicans he wouldn’t seek reelection, Santos has recently been telling people he is considering running for a second term, according to multiple Republican sources, and privately insists he will ultimately be cleared of all wrong-doing and that his treasurer will face scrutiny over his finances.

“Let me be very clear, I’m not leaving, I’m not hiding and I am NOT backing down,” tweeted Santos on Tuesday, who has been defiant despite calls for his resignation over repeatedly lying about his career, education and identity. “I will continue to work for #NY03 and no amount of Twitter trolling will stop me. I’m looking forward to getting what needs to be done, DONE!”
Local Republican officials are reaching out to possible primary challengers for him. They want him in that seat, to avoid a special election that a Democrat might win, but they don't want him to run again, because he is such an embarrassment.
Part of the reason for the sense of urgency: Several New York freshmen – who were responsible for giving the GOP a House majority – will be vulnerable in 2024 and want to be talking about anyone other than Santos next year.

“George Santos will not be on any ticket in 2024,” said Rep. Marc Molinaro, a New York GOP freshman, who has said he’d vote to expel Santos if a resolution to kick him out of Congress came to the floor.

“I am confident that George Santos will not be on any ticket come 2024,” added Rep. Anthony D’Esposito, a fellow Republican freshman who represents a neighboring Long Island district. “I am confident that we’ll do everything in our power to make sure we have the right candidate, the honest candidate, the truthful candidate, and the one who was honest about his entire being.”

Timeline:
  • 2012: George Santos marries a Brazilian woman
  • 2013: In May, one of the two tried to end the marriage, but in December, the attempt was dropped
  • 2014 March: GS filed a family-based immigration petition. July: conditional permanent residence approved
  • 2016 July: The required two years passed, and the woman requested removal of conditions
  • 2017 October: the woman becomes a permanent resident
  • 2022 August: the woman becomes a US citizen
  • 2022 October: " she filed a petition to sponsor her new husband, who is also Brazilian, for a green card, according to the timeline. That matter is pending"
If officials were to find that Mr. Santos entered into the marriage in order to obtain citizenship for his wife he could face up to five years in prison, and his former wife could be deported.

Attempts to reach Mr. Santos’s ex-wife in New Jersey have been unsuccessful, and divorce cases in New York are sealed.

There is no indication that authorities noted anything out of the ordinary about Mr. Santos’s marriage during their initial review.

In the letter, Mr. Lazin wrote that Mr. Santos planned a party to celebrate his engagement to Mr. Vilarva while still married, as reported by The Daily Beast, and offered to marry another man to help him get a green card, as reported by ABC News. He requested that the House review Mr. Santos’s representations to authorities to assess whether he made false statements, a crime under federal law.
Interesting timeline on that third step. For us it took almost 2 years from application to conditional approval, not 4 months. Our first interview was more than 4 months after the application! At the time I had a suspicion that they were deliberately dragging things out to just short of two years to avoid losing their second bite at the apple (the application to waive the conditional status.) The much faster processing makes me think either politics was involved or they are deliberately approving them soon before the two years. (Note: If the initial approval is more than two years from the marriage there is no conditional status, you go directly to a permanent green card.)

I also do think your last paragraph smells like immigration fraud.

Former Roommate Details Surprise At George Santos Election - Talking Points Memo (TPM)
also
Mike Sington on Twitter: "Surprise, George Santos is only in it to fleece the taxpayers. He told his former roommate he wants to be in Congress for a term so he can get a pension and free healthcare for the rest of his life. (Video: CBS) (vid link)" / Twitter

Back to TPM.
Gregory Morey, a former roommate of Rep. George Santos (R-NY), told CBS News in an interview that Santos wanted to be in Congress for a single term so he could get a pension and health care for the rest of his life.

“He told me once that, ‘If I can get elected to Congress for just one term, I’ll be set with a pension and health care for the rest of my life,’” said Morey, who allegedly moved in with Santos for a few months in New York City in the early 2010s.
 Congressional pension and Eligibility -- US Office of Personnel Management
If he was elected for 5 years, he is eligible for a pension at age 62, if for 20 years, at age 50, and if for 25 years, at any age.

Also,
“He never went by George. Never went by Santos. I knew him as Anthony Devolder,” Morey said.

Morey added he was shocked when he saw Santos was actually elected to office last year.

“That just blew my brain,” he recalled.

George Santos Allegedly Has A New Treasurer. It’s Been A Journey.
On Jan. 9 the Campaign Legal Center, a nonprofit watchdog group, filed a civil complaint with the FEC alleging that Santos potentially violated campaign finance rules. They pointed out 37 payments at $199.99 each—one cent below the threshold that would’ve required them to keep receipts—which mirrored a similar pattern in then-New York Rep. Lee Zeldin’s 2020 run. Marks was the chief accountant for both campaigns.

By the end of the month, she’d resigned and Santos moved on. Marks has not responded to multiple requests for comment.
She had one successor, or so it seemed.
On Jan. 25, Santos’s campaign filed new statements to replace Marks with a new accountant, a longtime campaign finance consultant named Thomas Datwyler. But his lawyer soon clarified that Datwyler hadn’t even taken the job.
Now she has one for real.
Just after the Federal Election Commission warned that he couldn’t raise or spend money without one, it appears that freshman Rep. George Santos (R-NY) has finally hired a new treasurer.

On Tuesday, the Devolder-Santos for Congress campaign listed a man named Andrew Olson to its newest campaign filings. While the filing should serve as solid confirmation that Olson is the new treasurer, we’ve been down this road with Santos before.
At least judging from this FEC filing: Statement of Organization

That is good evidence that GS is running for re-election, since his word is so unreliable.

DEVOLDER-SANTOS, GEORGE ANTHONY - Candidate overview | FEC at the Federal Election Commission

Timeline:
  • 2012: George Santos marries a Brazilian woman
  • 2013: In May, one of the two tried to end the marriage, but in December, the attempt was dropped
  • 2014 March: GS filed a family-based immigration petition. July: conditional permanent residence approved
  • 2016 July: The required two years passed, and the woman requested removal of conditions
  • 2017 October: the woman becomes a permanent resident
  • 2022 August: the woman becomes a US citizen
  • 2022 October: " she filed a petition to sponsor her new husband, who is also Brazilian, for a green card, according to the timeline. That matter is pending"
If officials were to find that Mr. Santos entered into the marriage in order to obtain citizenship for his wife he could face up to five years in prison, and his former wife could be deported.

Attempts to reach Mr. Santos’s ex-wife in New Jersey have been unsuccessful, and divorce cases in New York are sealed.

There is no indication that authorities noted anything out of the ordinary about Mr. Santos’s marriage during their initial review.

In the letter, Mr. Lazin wrote that Mr. Santos planned a party to celebrate his engagement to Mr. Vilarva while still married, as reported by The Daily Beast, and offered to marry another man to help him get a green card, as reported by ABC News. He requested that the House review Mr. Santos’s representations to authorities to assess whether he made false statements, a crime under federal law.

"Attempts to reach Mr. Santos's ex-wife in New Jersey have been unsuccessful..." Hmmmm.... So, in George Santos's defense, he's a liar and any events in regard to his life could have been completely made up. For all we know, one day he decided to shave his pubic hair into a fashionable trend and the next thing the story transforms into him marrying a brazilian. Has anyone even seen his so-called "ex-wife?"

George Santos' ex-wife is seen outside New Jersey home amid scandal | Daily Mail Online
Has pictures of her.
But Uadla Vieira Santos is unwilling to spill the secrets on the man who got himself into Congress with a series of falsehoods combined with hundreds of thousands of mysterious dollars and the overarching questions about his sexuality.

'I have nothing to say,' the 29-year-old mother-of-one-daughter said keeping her head down when approached by DailyMail.com outside her home in Elizabeth, New Jersey.

Uadla is now living a comfortable suburban life in a densely populated New Jersey neighborhood, about an hour outside New York City, after the couple's split three years ago.

When we spotted her she was wearing two rings on the wedding finger of her left hand.

She takes her daughter to school each day by car and returns to the newly-built multi-home property she bought in June 2022 for $750,000.
When the two were married, George Anthony Kitara Revache Devolder Santos was working in a call center in Queens.
Before they were wed, Santos had been a drag queen in Brazil. When pictures turned up, he initially denied it was him, them said it was a one-time event. But videos and pictures taken over a three year period from 2005-08 have since emerged.

And years before their official split, the man who somehow persuaded 145,824 voters to back him on November 8 had embarked on a series of same-sex relationships with young men he met in bars or through the dating app Tinder, according to reports.
That marriage and that child lead to another question. Is GAKRDS that child's father? If so, then what does it say about his sexuality?

That marriage and that child lead to another question. Is GAKRDS that child's father? If so, then what does it say about his sexuality?

Nothing at all. Some gay men are bisexual. I have friends who have come out as gay after being married and fathering children.

Oops, it's Ravache, not Revache:

George Anthony Kitara Ravache Devolder Santos

George Santos lied to a judge in 2017 bid to help a ‘family friend’ charged with fraud - POLITICO - "POLITICO obtained an audio recording of the proceeding where Santos falsely says he worked for Goldman Sachs."
George Santos lied to a Seattle judge about working for Goldman Sachs while speaking at a 2017 bail hearing for a “family friend” who later pleaded guilty to fraud in an ATM skimming scheme, according to an audio recording of the proceeding and court records.

NEW YORK – Rep. George Santos orchestrated a 2017 credit card skimming operation in Seattle, the man who was convicted of the fraud and deported to Brazil said in a sworn declaration submitted to federal authorities Wednesday.

“I am coming forward today to declare that the person in charge of the crime of credit card fraud when I was arrested was George Santos / Anthony Devolder,” Gustavo Ribeiro Trelha wrote in the declaration. It was sent by express mail and email to the FBI, the U.S. Secret Service New York office and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York, according to a copy of the receipt from the United States Postal Service.

Telha decided to contact law enforcement officials after seeing the newly minted congressman on television, he said in the declaration.

Rep. George Santos files paperwork indicating he may seek reelection

Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.), the embattled freshman facing multiple investigations for his false claims and possible campaign finance violations, filed paperwork Tuesday indicating that he intends to seek reelection.

By filing the paperwork, known as a statement of candidacy, with the Federal Election Commission, Santos can raise money for a prospective campaign. The funds also could be used to pay back the $700,000 he lent to his 2022 campaign and for legal fees connected to the investigations he is facing.

The filing indicates Santos could run for reelection in New York’s 3rd Congressional District, which includes parts of Queens and Nassau counties, but it isn’t a guarantee the lawmaker will seek another term.

A spokesperson in Santos’s congressional office said they cannot comment on campaign matters. The congressman has not publicly stated whether he will run for reelection

Liarboy Santos is now demanding a dementia test for Joe Biden. Maybe we need an official mental test for Santos. There is something deeply wrong with his mental state.

By filing the paperwork, known as a statement of candidacy, with the Federal Election Commission, Santos can raise money for a prospective campaign. The funds also could be used to pay back the $700,000 he lent to his 2022 campaign and for legal fees connected to the investigations he is facing.
The grift goes on...
dum dum dum de dum da dum dum
The grift goes on...

George Santos’s Role in Sale of $19 Million Yacht Attracts F.B.I. Interest - The New York Times - "Sold: Yacht With a Waterfall. Price: $19 Million. Broker: George Santos." - "Representative George Santos brokered the sale of a yacht that sleeps 12 guests and seven crew, and boasts an infinity pool, a waterfall and an outdoor shower." - it is 141 feet long (43 meters)

A central mystery is Mr. Santos’s sudden, unexplained jump in income, and where he got the money to loan himself roughly $700,000 over the course of his 2022 campaign.

Infinity pool
An infinity pool, also called an infinity edge pool or a zero edge pool, is a reflecting pool or swimming pool where the water flows over one or more edges, producing a visual effect of water with no boundary. Such pools are often designed so that the edge appears to merge with a larger body of water such as the ocean, or with the sky, and may overlook locations such as natural landscapes and cityscapes. They are often seen at hotels, resorts, estates, and in other luxurious places.

The grift goes on...
dum dum dum de dum da dum dum
The grift goes on...
This seems to be the new normal.

We seem to be a couple steps from the next generation Santos saying "So what" and nothing happens. Then the next generation would brag about nothing being done.

Bannon's billionaire yacht buddy arrested; Santos yacht deal eyed by investigators

Prosecutors accept deal with George Santos in Brazilian fraud case

Prosecutors in Brazil have agreed to a deal with Rep. George Santos in a case in which he is accused of defrauding a Rio de Janeiro area clerk of $1,300 over clothes and shoes in 2008, documents obtained by CNN show.

A petition from Santos’ attorney requesting a deal says Santos would agree to formally confess to the crime and pay damages to the victim, a Rio de Janeiro area clerk, as is required under Brazilian law.

A memo from prosecutors agreeing to the deal last week asked the defense for assurances they have the ability to contact the victim to repay him before the deal is finalized.

The petition from Santos’ attorney, filed in January, requests a non-prosecutorial agreement in lieu of a trial for his client, arguing that Santos is now gainfully employed and “re-socialized.” The petition also requested permission for Santos to be contacted by the court via email or phone, and participate in the proceedings via videoconference.

Agreements can be reached in non-violent cases where the sentencing minimum is under four years.

Santos did not comment when asked about this reporting on Capitol Hill by CNN’s Manu Raju. CNN has reached out to attorneys for Santos in Brazil and the United States.

Back
Top Bottom