• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Oath Keepers Arrested for Seditious Conspiracy

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated

Oath Keeper leader, 10 others charged with 'seditious conspiracy' in Jan. 6 Capitol attack

WASHINGTON — Stewart Rhodes, founder of the far-right militia the Oath Keepers has been indicted and arrested for his organization's involvement in planning the Jan. 6 attack.
Rhodes, 56, is being charged for the first time in connection to events leading up to and on Jan. 6, according to a statement from the Justice Department released Thursday. An additional 10 people, including nine others who already faced charges in connection to the riot, were also indicted.

A day late and a dollar short IMHO. A year ago it would have set an example. Today it just inflames the right to more atrocities.

So much for no one being charged with sedition.

Oath Keepers are pretty much "no one". We shall see if this leads to bigger fish.

Some foolish part of me is still hoping that there is thought behind the timing of these things, structured to bring maximum impact to this fall's elections or maybe even the 2024 elections. If they're trying to time it for 2024, that will almost certainly be long after the nazi horse has left the barn and is poised to enter the White House.

Oath Keepers are pretty much "no one". We shall see if this leads to bigger fish.
The Oathkeepers and Roger Stone are very close. Trump and Stone are very close too. When the shit hits the fan for these guys and they're looking at decades behind bars you can bet they'll start singing in exchange for leniency.

The Oathkeepers and Roger Stone are very close. Trump and Stone are very close too. When the shit hits the fan for these guys and they're looking at decades behind bars you can bet they'll start singing in exchange for leniency.
They don't even have to sing, not as part of a deal. They just testify about what they did and when, prosecution refers to the phone records and asks, "Is that when Roger Stone asked you to bring the restraints?"
"Yeah."

These guys keep bragging in court and looking surprised when anothrr count is addddd....

When the shit hits the fan for these guys…

?
If that’s not in the next few months, it won’t matter. They’ll all clam up if Dems lose Congress (maybe even if they don’t) and play the delay game, waiting for Mango Man to pardon them.

Oath Keeper leader, 10 others charged with 'seditious conspiracy' in Jan. 6 Capitol attack

WASHINGTON — Stewart Rhodes, founder of the far-right militia the Oath Keepers has been indicted and arrested for his organization's involvement in planning the Jan. 6 attack.
Rhodes, 56, is being charged for the first time in connection to events leading up to and on Jan. 6, according to a statement from the Justice Department released Thursday. An additional 10 people, including nine others who already faced charges in connection to the riot, were also indicted.

A day late and a dollar short IMHO. A year ago it would have set an example. Today it just inflames the right to more atrocities.
The thing about this charge, sedition, is that the case needs to be carefully built and airtight. On it's own and because this is just the first step. Bigger fish gonna fry.

It took 2 years for Watergate charges to be brought. And they were peanuts compared with this.

I think they should have charged some of the Proud Boys and their leadership with the same thing. They were using encrypted communication at some point, but a lot of their seditious talk and active support of violent insurrection was also going on in real time on Parler as they were doing it. Enrique Tarrio was linking quite a few threads and saying to go in and not give up. Threads he was linking were of Proud Boys committing crimes. I don't see how that can't all be evidence of seditious conspiracy especially when in context of planning to show up with weapons and act out.

The thing about this charge, sedition, is that the case needs to be carefully built and airtight. On it's own and because this is just the first step. Bigger fish gonna fry.

It took 2 years for Watergate charges to be brought. And they were peanuts compared with this.

So … we’re screwed. ‘Pugs will take congress in 53 weeks, and install the mango menace as dictator in ‘24.

So … we’re screwed. ‘Pugs will take congress in 53 weeks, and install the mango menace as dictator in ‘24.
Only if we keep singing that tune? We have a while to be talking with our friends, family, and younger relatives about voting to hold Congress.

Only if we keep singing that tune? We have a while to be talking with our friends, family, and younger relatives about voting to hold Congress.

Certainly. Of course, we (I) did that in 2016... and 2020. Yet, here we are, unable to pass voting rights or any other meaningful legislation, teeing up 2022 for a massive rout. Republicans are waging asymmetrical warfare, and Democrats seem content to sit on their virtues and let the Country go to Hell.

I think they should have charged some of the Proud Boys and their leadership with the same thing. They were using encrypted communication at some point, but a lot of their seditious talk and active support of violent insurrection was also going on in real time on Parler as they were doing it. Enrique Tarrio was linking quite a few threads and saying to go in and not give up. Threads he was linking were of Proud Boys committing crimes. I don't see how that can't all be evidence of seditious conspiracy especially when in context of planning to show up with weapons and act out.
Of course it is. We just have to trust that more charges are coming. This really is an enormous case.

Of course it is. We just have to trust that more charges are coming. This really is an enormous case.
I fear that Garland is such a stickler for process that he will fritter away the window of opportunity trying to be 100% correct at every turn.

I fear that Garland is such a stickler for process that he will fritter away the window of opportunity trying to be 100% correct at every turn.
He has to be a stickler. These are enormous charges and cases must be airtight.

Fuck the right.

So, they will be the most airtight cases ever to be set aside by a newly re-elected President's latest corrupt AG.
Woop-de-doo.

So, they will be the most airtight cases ever to be set aside by a newly re-elected President's latest corrupt AG.
Woop-de-doo.
I sincerely do not believe that Trump will be re-elected. I seriously doubt he will run. From what I hear, his health continues to decline and so do the number and fervor of his followers. Wide speculation that he's only dangling his 'campaign' for the grift.

I sincerely do not believe that Trump will be re-elected. I seriously doubt he will run. From what I hear, his health continues to decline and so do the number and fervor of his followers. Wide speculation that he's only dangling his 'campaign' for the grift.

I sincerely hope that’s right. I’d like nothing better than seeing goobernor death sentence bungle a Presidential campaign and lose the Presidency and both houses of Congress (for real this time- a majority without the DINOs).

But if ANY trumpsucker gets the presidency, all the 1/6 traitors will have government jobs, cabinet positions etc. and it is unlikely that there will ever again be free and fair elections.

I sincerely hope that’s right. I’d like nothing better than seeing goobernor death sentence bungle a Presidential campaign and lose the Presidency and both houses of Congress (for real this time- a majority without the DINOs).

But if ANY trumpsucker gets the presidency, all the 1/6 traitors will have government jobs, cabinet positions etc. and it is unlikely that there will ever again be free and fair elections.
I agree with Toni's take on the matter. He never wanted the job in the first place, all he wanted was the adulation. He will continue the grift for as long as he can.

I saw a report yesterday that Melania was actually pleased that he lost. IIRC, it was reported by her ex-press secretary.

Woop-de-doo.
In making the decision to run, Trump will not take his declining health into account, he will the issue away by fervent denial--unless dementia changes his personality drastically--which, I have heard, sometimes happens before the descent into obvious and continuous incoherence.

Back
Top Bottom