• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Obama and Trump Meeting: Trump didn't know the job was, well, a job.

Here is what I think. The public voted him in. Okay. Obama and everyone who opposed Trump should just stand back and let the country go to shit and if the public gets hurt it just gets hurt. It will teach the public to not be so stupid in the future.

People re-elected Bush 43 despite his obvious incompetence and damage he did to the country. The public will not learn.

Exactly. Trump will screw his own supporters in the ass, then tell them it feels good and they'll believe him.

It will teach the public to not be so stupid in the future.

What events in the past 240 years would indicate that Americans are capable of doing this?

Ya, the whole notion that the Trump presidency will end up being some kind of net positive due to the American people having the ability to learn some kind of lesson which they won't forget before four years is up seems to be at odds with any understanding of the American people.

Here is what I think. The public voted him in. Okay. Obama and everyone who opposed Trump should just stand back and let the country go to shit and if the public gets hurt it just gets hurt. It will teach the public to not be so stupid in the future.

You must be very young.

If there were some way for just the people who voted for Trump to get hurt and no one else, I would be one hundred percent on your side, but I have to consider collateral damage.

Do you think Pence is more handsome than Putin? With those squinty eyes and that honest American jawline... He is better looking than Putin according to many people I've asked.

I think Pence is the next president of the United States. He has the handsomeness it takes for a job that important. Trump's hair is too F'd up, honestly. I think it will be his undoing.

Wall Street Journal via TPM

Oh my lord

Obama is gonna have to be Trump's babysitter. Good job voting America

Maybe President Obama could run the country for Trump for the full 4 years? I'd be ok with that.

Trump will have Obama on White House red line speed dial. I'd be OK with that.

- - - Updated - - -

If there were some way for just the people who voted for Trump to get hurt and no one else, I would be one hundred percent on your side, but I have to consider collateral damage.

This. He and his supporters are going to drag all of us down with him. There are no winners in this.

Let me predict now that not only will Trump not run for a second term, the chances that he pulls a Sarah Palin and resigns before his first term is over are not insignificant.

That thought came to mind just yesterday. He's a busy business man. Never been in politics. Who is minding the store for him since POTUS is a full time job? So what will he care for more? The nation and its presidency with its tedious, long hours with little reward and constant death threats and criticism and humiliation? Or making money and hobnobbing with hot women on TV and getting fan mail?

Let me predict now that not only will Trump not run for a second term, the chances that he pulls a Sarah Palin and resigns before his first term is over are not insignificant.

That thought came to mind just yesterday. He's a busy business man. Never been in politics. Who is minding the store for him since POTUS is a full time job? So what will he care for more? The nation and its presidency with its tedious, long hours with little reward and constant death threats and criticism and humiliation? Or making money and hobnobbing with hot women on TV and getting fan mail?

I was discussing something related with a co-worker today. Presidents have spent time away from the White House before. Obama in Hawaii. Bush clearing brush in Texas. Bush Sr. at Kennebunkport, etc. Yet even when on these "vacations" they were still President 24/7. Is Trump going to split his time between the White House and Trump Tower? If so, will he focus on his business while at the latter? I don't see this guy giving his full and undivided attention to civil service for 4 whole years.

I was discussing something related with a co-worker today. Presidents have spent time away from the White House before. Obama in Hawaii. Bush clearing brush in Texas. Bush Sr. at Kennebunkport, etc. Yet even when on these "vacations" they were still President 24/7. Is Trump going to split his time between the White House and Trump Tower? If so, will he focus on his business while at the latter? I don't see this guy giving his full and undivided attention to civil service for 4 whole years.

Trump says that he is leaving all of his business interests in the hands of his children so that he can focus on the POTUS job. But even this is highly unconventional. In order to prevent conflicts of interest and accusations of corruption, previous presidents have left their assets to be taken care of in a blind trust. For those of you following allong from home, a person's children ARE NOT the same as a blind trust. When questioned about this, Trump didn't even seem to understand the concept, much less its importance (a shocker).

Trump says that he is leaving all of his business interests in the hands of his children so that he can focus on the POTUS job. But even this is highly unconventional. In order to prevent conflicts of interest and accusations of corruption, previous presidents have left their assets to be taken care of in a blind trust. For those of you following allong from home, a person's children ARE NOT the same as a blind trust. When questioned about this, Trump didn't even seem to understand the concept, much less its importance (a shocker).

I think the "how can he put his assets in a blind trust when all his assets have his name on them in 30-foot high gold letters" argument has some merit, TBH...

Is the secret service going to shut down parts of NYC every time Drump goes out to eat?

Trump says that he is leaving all of his business interests in the hands of his children so that he can focus on the POTUS job.

...and trying to get his SIL top level security clearance.
No conflict there, no siree!

^^^ That

Note - he intends to pretend to leave his businesses in the hands of the same children he is trying to get governmental security clearance for. :rolleyes: This guy is such a fucking bozo. I still cannot believe so many people voted for him.

Oh? His kids will blindly do with his investments what he wants. Sounds blind to me!

Oh? His kids will blindly do with his investments what he wants. Sounds blind to me!

And we are expected to trust them.

Hence, Blind trust.

Problem solvered.

^^^ That

I guess that the consensus of the posters in this thread is that the public will not learn. I guess you are right, we are talking about the American public after all.

.. or get himself impeached... or arrested for violations of the government ethics committee for conflicts within his business dealings... or gets assassinated... or one of his new wonky laws backfires on him and gets his family deported...

- - - Updated - - -

I guess that the consensus of the posters in this thread is that the public will not learn. I guess you are right, we are talking about the American public after all.

There are no innocents here (above the age of 18). You can all rot in the hell you've made.

Back
Top Bottom