• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Obama appointee dismisses "Mattress Girl" lawsuit against Columbia

This is such nonsense. What if a guy violates a woman with a broomstick. That's still considered rape. But you'll probably come up with some weird theory about how a broomstick could still get her pregnant. :rolleyesa:
And the offspring would probably look something like this.
902220-product-feature-740x4481.jpg

I am so glad you didn't post a picture of a young black kid. Are you getting better, Derec?

He's not arguing about whether or not this issue represents an injustice, but that even if it does, it's okay because they're 'white males'.

Notice how there is no attempt to consider this as a case of individuals, but as part of an ongoing struggle between 'white males' and the 'women' - identity politics is part of the regressive left's ideology. It is doubtful the women in question ever 'truly were victims of oppression'.

Yup--this underlies almost all support of reverse discrimination.

Since it's individuals that suffer discrimination it's totally invalid, though.

Assuming your analysis is valid, that does not mean you are not a SJW. It simply means you are a different sort of SJW.
Your insistence that people against Social Justice Warriors are just a SJWs themselves is as stupid as Christians claiming Atheism is just another form of religion.

and the justice he deserves doesn't fall under title IX, so the slavish circle-jerking you right wing knobs do over strict adherence to the exact letter of federal law is applicable here.
that you're all in such a huff over this ruling just shows how hypocritical you are.
First, I'm not right wing. Second I wasn't arguing the legal merit of the case regarding title IX, I was criticizing Simpledon's indifference to the guy's injustice since he wasn't a part of leftist approved groups. And third I'm not in a huff over this. I've simply made three posts on this topic. The fact you got everything about me wrong and then use that BS to assume hypocrisy only shows how clueless you are.

Assuming your analysis is valid, that does not mean you are not a SJW. It simply means you are a different sort of SJW.
Your insistence that people against Social Justice Warriors are just a SJWs themselves is as stupid as Christians claiming Atheism is just another form of religion.
The term "social justice warrior" has been perverted by racists, misogynists, bigots, and conservatives to demonize with whomever they disagree. There is nothing in that combination of words that requires that a specific form of social justice. Nor should anyone be ashamed about promoting what they think is social justice. The insistence that only the newly perverted meaning is the only meaning reveals a rather pathetically narrow and disturbing view of the world.

Oh, and btw, your entire post is based on a straw man - I do not think nor do I insist the everyone that opposes a SJW is necessarily a SJW.

Wrong.

SJW is a pejorative word now because idiot leftists overplayed their lunacy and started attacking Mario bros. It doesn't matter what noble label you give yourself if you start championing silly causes the acronym of that label is going to become pejorative.

Columbia absolutely did wrong by giving Mattress Girl class credit to defame her victim and by allowing her, contrary to rules, to drag that mattress to the graduation ceremony. It is very difficult in our legal climate for victims of false rape allegations to get any semblance of justice.
Emma Sulkowicz’s Accused Rapist Had His Lawsuit Against Columbia Dismissed
So according to this judge, Title IX only protects women alleging rape but not men falsely accused of rape. That sexist bullshit, but par for the course in our deeply messed up society.

Amazing.

Countless men get away with rape. A tiny fraction of women make false accusations of rape.

Despite this, you spend a great deal of time complaining about the latter, and no time at all complaining about the former. Is this part of your strategy for the War On Women?

Wrong.

SJW is a pejorative word now because idiot leftists overplayed their lunacy and started attacking Mario bros. It doesn't matter what noble label you give yourself if you start championing silly causes the acronym of that label is going to become pejorative.
Thank you for confirming my observation.

Wrong.

And you see nothing in common with screaming about the Teletubbies because Tinkly Dinkly is teaching young children how to be gay or with running around promoting an agenda because a person thinks the government and society are against the male gender. Nope, those are SJWs, too. I suppose you could try to call the former group religious fanatics or something and make that a separate class, but you're still left with the latter group of people, who are trying to promote their version of social justice sans religion.

Columbia absolutely did wrong by giving Mattress Girl class credit to defame her victim and by allowing her, contrary to rules, to drag that mattress to the graduation ceremony. It is very difficult in our legal climate for victims of false rape allegations to get any semblance of justice.
Emma Sulkowicz’s Accused Rapist Had His Lawsuit Against Columbia Dismissed
So according to this judge, Title IX only protects women alleging rape but not men falsely accused of rape. That sexist bullshit, but par for the course in our deeply messed up society.

Amazing.

Countless men get away with rape. A tiny fraction of women make false accusations of rape.

Despite this, you spend a great deal of time complaining about the latter, and no time at all complaining about the former. Is this part of your strategy for the War On Women?

What exactly is your point?

Wrong.

How do you overplay lunacy? Talk about speaking out of both sides of the mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing.

It is a periodic post that is typically due because Derec just can't drop his mistrust of women and continues to harmp on stuff like this all the time. Pretty much just releasing frustration. Derec's earlier presumptions in the thread were debunked and he still rails on.

Amazing.

It is a periodic post that is typically due because Derec just can't drop his mistrust of women and continues to harmp on stuff like this all the time. Pretty much just releasing frustration. Derec's earlier presumptions in the thread were debunked and he still rails on.

What mistrust of women?

Are we reading the same posts?

:confused:

Amazing.

What mistrust of women?

Are we reading the same posts?

:confused:
Derec's posts in this thread comes with a terrible amount of baggage called, all of Derec's postings. You may want to check out his posts in The Lounge.

I think people should be treated as individuals and not treated differently based on their genitals. That puts me at odds with SJWs like you...

Medical insurance doesn't cover prostate exams for women and pap smears for men. Should that be reversed by anti-discrimination laws?

"atheist" has a very clear meaning. "Social Justice Warrior" does not, especially not since it has been perverted by conservatives seeking to denigrate all liberals.

And as long as the term is going to be twisted beyond all original meaning, what's good for the goose... :shrug:

- - - Updated - - -

and the justice he deserves doesn't fall under title IX, so the slavish circle-jerking you right wing knobs do over strict adherence to the exact letter of federal law is applicable here.
that you're all in such a huff over this ruling just shows how hypocritical you are.
First, I'm not right wing. Second I wasn't arguing the legal merit of the case regarding title IX, I was criticizing Simpledon's indifference to the guy's injustice since he wasn't a part of leftist approved groups. And third I'm not in a huff over this. I've simply made three posts on this topic. The fact you got everything about me wrong and then use that BS to assume hypocrisy only shows how clueless you are.

And you have misrepresented SimpleDon as being "indifferent" to the guy, so... :shrug:

First, I'm not right wing.
first off, i wasn't talking to you or at you or ever include a reference to you in any of my posts, but the fact that you're going out of your way to jump in front of a characterization in order to demand that it doesn't fit you pretty much absolutely confirms that it does fit you.

also, just as a side comment, per your posting here... yes you are.

Second I wasn't arguing the legal merit of the case regarding title IX, I was criticizing Simpledon's indifference to the guy's injustice since he wasn't a part of leftist approved groups.
And third I'm not in a huff over this. I've simply made three posts on this topic. The fact you got everything about me wrong and then use that BS to assume hypocrisy only shows how clueless you are.
okay either you're a sock puppet of Derec and you forgot what account you're logged into, you think you're replying to somebody else, or you've recently had a stroke - because i have no idea what end of who's ass you're pulling any of this out of.

nature is sexist!!!11
Nature might be sexist but laws should not be. Every individual deserves equal treatment under law. Justice should not depend on which demographic one belongs to.

So you're saying it would be wrong for a police officer to shoot an unarmed man in the back while he is trying to flee, or to shoot a man lying prone on the ground with 2 bullets in him 14 more times? How come you are never outraged when a bad cop unjustly takes away a black man's right to live, but start frothing at the mouth every time protesters block traffic or a woman tries to makes a statement by dragging a mattress around? Why are certain injustices so much more unpalatable to you than others where black people were the victims? Your fake outrage is not fooling anyone.

And you see nothing in common with screaming about the Teletubbies because Tinkly Dinkly is teaching young children how to be gay or with running around promoting an agenda because a person thinks the government and society are against the male gender. Nope, those are SJWs, too. I suppose you could try to call the former group religious fanatics or something and make that a separate class, but you're still left with the latter group of people, who are trying to promote their version of social justice sans religion.
That was silly of you to assume I would defend the loons that attack tellytubbies and then proceed to attack that perceived hypocrisy. I wouldn't call trying to oppress gays "justice" social or any other type and neither do the rightwing idiots that want to oppress people. Their motivation is moral purity. Justice based morality and purity based morality are separate things.

Back
Top Bottom