• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

October Surprise! Melania Trump pro-choice!

This news strikes me as a planned event designed to blunt a bad news cycle for Donald Trump. Melania Trump has just released a book, which she almost certainly had been working on for months. Her English is not that good, and she does not seem to have been inclined to become an author before. She has also released a slick new video--again, something that wasn't slapped together overnight. Jack Smith just released new damning details about his attempted coup on January 6, which made headlines yesterday. Abortion is the single weakest issue for Republicans in this election. The timing of this just strikes me as more than just a desire to cash in on book sales, although this will certainly pump up sales of her book. But it will also help Donald Trump, because he can be anti-abortion while she becomes the new poster child for the pro-choice movement. Thoughts?

See: ‘Bizarre’: Van Jones reacts to Melania Trump’s new video about abortion
Suggesting that Melania will be the "new poster child for the pro-choice movement" is in the same ball park as suggesting that because Hitler was a vegetarian that he would be a poster child for the vegetarian movement.

Here is the video that Melania Trump just released this morning on Twitter. Note that she does not explicitly endorse reproductive rights. She only asks a question at the end of the video. It remains to be seen how this story develops in coming days.

MSNBC showed that video earlier today and someone, I think a women who was from Planned Parenthood or a similar organization, not sure since I missed her introduction, laughed and said it was obviously a fake attempt to make women think that Trump would support abortion. I think she's probably right.

This. A fool and her reproductive rights are soon parted.

1. I sincerely doubt that Trump is opposed to abortion. I would be surprised if he never made use of those services for…some person or persons unknown. I would think that Melania would also support the right to choose and would be surprised if she had never availed herself of those services.

Whether Melania is trying to help or sink her husband, I have no idea. She reportedly demanded and received $250K in payment to appear at a campaign event. There is obviously no love lost between the two.
It is a semi-open secret that she has a boyfriend. He seems to be receiving a lot of attention room from some bimbo whose name escaped me. I have no doubt that the Trumps will divorce the second she decides that divorce is more financially advantageous to her than staying married. But if I were Melania, I would not count on getting much or anything from Trump whose wealth is mostly illusionary. Hence the book she ‘wrote’ and the pay for performance on the campaign trail,

Why does anyone think Trump and his ilk are opposed to abortion?

Trump is in favor of Trump, period. His behavior on that policy has been completely shaped by hanging on to evangelical vote he so desperately needs. Same with most of his political supporters in politics. Making abortion a states issue has been a godsend* to the Teaparty.
Tom

*See what I did there?

Back
Top Bottom