• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Oh, Matty. Have you been a naughty boy?

And now we have a new sex scandal. "Republican strategist and campaign manager" Anton Lazzaro has now been arrested for under aged sex trafficking and obstruction of justice.

Some context in regards to Lazzaro:

E8nYSmfXEAQpAsg

E8nZNQ_WYAA-YJO

Let the 9,548,256th, "never knew the guy" games begin.

And now we have a new sex scandal. "Republican strategist and campaign manager" Anton Lazzaro has now been arrested for under aged sex trafficking and obstruction of justice.

If there was no pizza involved republicans won't care.

Gaetz and his office need to talk more.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/delinquent-matt-gaetz-currently-blocked-from-practicing-law

So, Matty let his license to practice law in Florida lapse.
He's not disbarred (yet), he just didn't renew, which is a $265 fee. Kind of unusual for someone making laws at the Capitol.
His office says that he's making 'a career change.'
“Congressman Gaetz is no longer actively engaged in the practice of law. He is focused on representing his constituents in Congress, not the courtroom,” said his office’s communications director, Joel Valdez.

There's keeping it active, and there's a slightly cheaper 'inactive' alternative for $175, or there's letting it go by inattention to fees and deadlines.

After the office released the above statement, though, Gaetz not only paid the fee, but another $200 late fee, to keep the license he chose not to keep...

Not certain why someone would let their law license lapse. Too much money involved in being a lawyer, or is he done actually trying to work for a living to help support his umm.... whatever that teen was/is.

Not certain why someone would let their law license lapse. Too much money involved in being a lawyer, or is he done actually trying to work for a living to help support his umm.... whatever that teen was/is.

Well, it was before the last date to send it in so nothing lapsed but my wife's renewal never got to the board--stolen in the mail. Next year the board gets a bill-pay check instead of a personal check.

Well, it was before the last date to send it in so nothing lapsed but my wife's renewal never got to the board--stolen in the mail. Next year the board gets a bill-pay check instead of a personal check.
So, you still didn't 'let' it lapse. You did your part to ensure continuity....

So, you still didn't 'let' it lapse. You did your part to ensure continuity....

We noticed it because of the long lag. Had it not gone in months early it could easily have not been noticed. (Their response time in general is pretty bad--it's very much part time.)

An ex-girlfriend of Rep. Matt Gaetz, who is seen as a key witness in the investigation into alleged sex trafficking by the Florida Republican, testified on Wednesday before a grand jury investigating the congressman.
The development is the latest signal that the long-running investigation into Gaetz remains active. A source familiar with the case had previously told CNN the ex-girlfriend would appear before the grand jury.
CNN spotted the woman arriving at a federal courthouse in Orlando, Florida, with her lawyer on Wednesday. She has since concluded her testimony in the Gaetz case and left the courthouse.
Her lawyer, Timothy Jansen, briefly addressed reporters gathered outside the courthouse. "All I can say is CNN saw me and my client come in, and I am confirming I am here, but I can't make any comment," he said.
The woman, a former Capitol Hill staffer, has been linked to Gaetz as far back as the summer of 2017. Investigators are interested in that period of time because that is when the congressman is accused of having sexual contact with another woman, who was 17 years old at the time.
Legal experts say the ex-girlfriend's testimony is an essential step prosecutors would take before charging Gaetz and that it signals federal prosecutors may be close to indicting the congressman. Any criminal charges against a sitting member of Congress would have to be approved at the highest level of the Justice Department.
Multiple people familiar with the matter have told CNN that a grand jury -- a group of laymen who hears evidence presented by prosecutors behind closed doors about a potential crime -- has been meeting at the George C. Young Federal Annex Courthouse regarding the Gaetz investigation.

An ex-girlfriend of Rep. Matt Gaetz, who is seen as a key witness in the investigation into alleged sex trafficking by the Florida Republican, testified on Wednesday before a grand jury investigating the congressman.
The development is the latest signal that the long-running investigation into Gaetz remains active. A source familiar with the case had previously told CNN the ex-girlfriend would appear before the grand jury.
CNN spotted the woman arriving at a federal courthouse in Orlando, Florida, with her lawyer on Wednesday. She has since concluded her testimony in the Gaetz case and left the courthouse.
Her lawyer, Timothy Jansen, briefly addressed reporters gathered outside the courthouse. "All I can say is CNN saw me and my client come in, and I am confirming I am here, but I can't make any comment," he said.
The woman, a former Capitol Hill staffer, has been linked to Gaetz as far back as the summer of 2017. Investigators are interested in that period of time because that is when the congressman is accused of having sexual contact with another woman, who was 17 years old at the time.
Legal experts say the ex-girlfriend's testimony is an essential step prosecutors would take before charging Gaetz and that it signals federal prosecutors may be close to indicting the congressman. Any criminal charges against a sitting member of Congress would have to be approved at the highest level of the Justice Department.
Multiple people familiar with the matter have told CNN that a grand jury -- a group of laymen who hears evidence presented by prosecutors behind closed doors about a potential crime -- has been meeting at the George C. Young Federal Annex Courthouse regarding the Gaetz investigation.
Regular fucking philosopher, ain’t he?

Yup. She gave up the goods on him. The party of Family Values better start getting their "Yeah Buts" lined up.
Or her background check. She can't be that good of a witness against Gaetz, she was getting a "D" in Government at the time! Plus the two times she's been on Detention!

Yup. She gave up the goods on him. The party of Family Values better start getting their "Yeah Buts" lined up.
Or her background check. She can't be that good of a witness against Gaetz, she was getting a "D" in Government at the time! Plus the two times she's been on Detention!
Took me a minute...

"Matt Gaetz is turning into everything Republicans were trying to turn Hunter Biden into" - seen on the internet

A close friend and former government employee of Joel Greenberg, Joe Ellicott, is set to plead guilty to conspiracy to commit wire fraud and distribution of a controlled substance in the latest development in an investigation that includes a probe into allegations of possible sex trafficking of a minor by Florida Congressman Matt Gaetz, which he vehemently denies.

While Greenberg is not named, according to court documents unsealed overnight, Ellicott is set to plead guilty to working with a "government official" who assumed office in 2017 to commit wire fraud by facilitating bribery connected to government contracts that were signed by the "public official" who took office in 2017.
Ellicott could emerge as a key witness in the ongoing sex traffic investigation, and appears to have information that may be damning to others beyond Greenberg, sources say.

As ABC News previously reported, in a private text exchange over the encrypted messaging app Signal, Ellicott allegedly told Greenberg in August 2020 that a mutual friend was worried she could be implicated in the investigation into the sex ring involving a minor.

Back
Top Bottom