• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Oh My! Another Email Scandal

You see, the line is "lock her up", and it works... if the Dems tried that routine, it would come out like "Remit Ivanka to corrections for infringing on the government's right to protect data from various unnamed threat actors" (and then wonder why everyone just blinks at them).

Surely someone would be happy to come here and simply chant "FUCK TRUMP! FUCK TRUMP!" ad nauseum, as you seem to recommend. Someone else might be willing to spoon feed you more details about why the silly Trump bitch's transgression is greater than Hillary's than you can shake your denial stick at. I'm not one of either ilk, sorry. I'm happy to put in some more popcorn and watch would-be enablers of this administration finding new ways to apply egg to their faces. Thanks for participating!

I guess I could same the same to you... about how someone can come here and spoon feed you why the two incidents are radically different... In fact, I sort of did that myself... I pointed out that while both committed a minor offense simply by allowing data to 'leak' off of government controlled systems (onto a non-government server), but Hillary had TENS OF THOUSANDS of those violations over MANY YEARS... and Ivanka had a few hundred over less than 2 years.. Then, on top of all of that, when Ivanka was confronted, she basically said, "take a look for yourself"... when Hillary was confronted, she denied, lied, and covered up.
What ever happened to "the cover-up is worse than the offense"? Is that only true when Reps do it?
In continued fairness... Ivanka should have known better after the whole Hillary fuck up, for sure.

Both women violated a regulation. Hillary violated it far more profoundly in duration, breadth, and (allegedly) content.
Lets call them both equal in that area, even though it is not, not even by a little.
On top of Hillary's far more extensive violation of that regulation, she broke additional laws by attempting to cover up the violation though contempt of court, by violating the order to produce said emails. instead, she destroyed the evidence. People go to jail for that crime all the time... the contempt of court thing, not the violation of the records act.

Was there a regulation against using private email during Hillary's time of usage? I don't believe there was. It was made against the law after the Clinton scandal.

I did not know that... There certainly were guidelines in place on how to protect government secrets.. .that is not new.. and email had got to be part of that. a specific regulation about using email in a particular way was new? maybe. But the idea of not compromising government records had certainly been in place.

Both women violated a regulation. Hillary violated it far more profoundly in duration, breadth, and (allegedly) content.
Lets call them both equal in that area, even though it is not, not even by a little.
On top of Hillary's far more extensive violation of that regulation, she broke additional laws by attempting to cover up the violation though contempt of court, by violating the order to produce said emails. instead, she destroyed the evidence. People go to jail for that crime all the time... the contempt of court thing, not the violation of the records act.

Was there a regulation against using private email during Hillary's time of usage? I don't believe there was. It was made against the law after the Clinton scandal.

I did not know that... There certainly were guidelines in place on how to protect government secrets.. .that is not new.. and email had got to be part of that. a specific regulation about using email in a particular way was new? maybe. But the idea of not compromising government records had certainly been in place.

How do you feel this relates to Trump's use of an unsecured iphone? or just Trump on twitter?

How do you feel this relates to the use of private emails by Ivanka Trump and others?

How do you feel this relates to Trump's use of an unsecured iphone? or just Trump on twitter?

How do you feel this relates to the use of private emails by Ivanka Trump and others?

It is an indicator that the technology services for government employees is poor... so people doing their own thing to just get the job done is happening all over the place. Trump on twitter is just embarrassing... but no more a security threat than putting him in front of the media to just express himself.

I guess I could same the same to you... about how someone can come here and spoon feed you why the two incidents are radically different... In fact, I sort of did that myself... I pointed out that while both committed a minor offense simply by allowing data to 'leak' off of government controlled systems (onto a non-government server), but Hillary had TENS OF THOUSANDS of those violations over MANY YEARS... and Ivanka had a few hundred over less than 2 years.. Then, on top of all of that, when Ivanka was confronted, she basically said, "take a look for yourself"... when Hillary was confronted, she denied, lied, and covered up.
What ever happened to "the cover-up is worse than the offense"? Is that only true when Reps do it?
In continued fairness... Ivanka should have known better after the whole Hillary fuck up, for sure.

Ivanka made her emails public?

Ivanka made her emails public?

not that I am aware of.. why do you ask? Maybe my use of the word "leak" to refer to them being somewhere not controlled by the government? That does not mean the same thing as "public" (like posted on the bathroom wall).
In the world of security, we call that "data leakage".. which is not the same "leaking" of information (to the media) that is popular on TV nowadays... I keep forgetting who I am talking to... sorry about that. I'm used to speaking to more security minded, "rule of law" folk.

Gun Nut said:
Then, on top of all of that, when Ivanka was confronted, she basically said, "take a look for yourself"...

Is why I asked.

Gun Nut said:
Then, on top of all of that, when Ivanka was confronted, she basically said, "take a look for yourself"...

Is why I asked.

oh... That came from an interview with her on Fox that I wager no one here ever saw. In reference to a question about how she feels about the emails being investigated she responded that way.. "They can take a look for themselves" or something like that.

I saw her repeatedly lie in that interview, but didn't see anything like that comment. Do you have the quote?

It is an indicator that the technology services for government employees is poor... so people doing their own thing to just get the job done is happening all over the place. Trump on twitter is just embarrassing... but no more a security threat than putting him in front of the media to just express himself.

E-mail: At least in Hillary's time the government system was simply inadequate--they weren't given enough storage space to comply with a keep-everything rule. I do not know if that has since been fixed. The law generally doesn't mandate the impossible, I don't find it a big deal when people use "illegal" means to work around the impossible.

The phones are another matter, though. Yes, dealing with the crypto is a pain but it certainly can be done. The alternative is having hostile nations spying on the President's communications.

E-mail: At least in Hillary's time the government system was simply inadequate--they weren't given enough storage space to comply with a keep-everything rule. I do not know if that has since been fixed. The law generally doesn't mandate the impossible, I don't find it a big deal when people use "illegal" means to work around the impossible.

The phones are another matter, though. Yes, dealing with the crypto is a pain but it certainly can be done. The alternative is having hostile nations spying on the President's communications.
The government (I work as a gov contractor) universally went to a new email service just this past July. So there is no excuse after that. Prior to that, stored email was limited to 100 GB. I filled that in about 6 weeks working here. No way to keep everything unless you manually download it into a zip file or use a third party archiving feature.

The government (I work as a gov contractor) universally went to a new email service just this past July. So there is no excuse after that. Prior to that, stored email was limited to 100 GB. I filled that in about 6 weeks working here. No way to keep everything unless you manually download it into a zip file or use a third party archiving feature.

I believe that in Hillary's time the mailboxes were under 1gb.

Back
Top Bottom