• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Paris: Dozens Killed In Terrorist Attack

Most of the places the people ran amok without our doing anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Question: How many million times are you going to repeat this same bogus claim?

Islam has been on the warpath for it's whole existence.

The same could be said of the USA. In fact I think we could say the USA has been on the warpath far more than.Islam. couldn't we?

We didn't do much of anything for the first 100 years.
We were pretty much at war for our first 100 years and nearly all of our existence.

I don't consider the English attacks on us to be being on the warpath.

Great job endearing yourself to the general public again, muslims.

Yes, because all the world's Muslims gave the green light for this before it went ahead.

Now let's watch the parade of fearmongering and collective blame from people who purport to be protecting "Western" values.

Sadly there are many dedicated, pious muslims celebrating this successful mission.

- - - Updated - - -

The same could be said of the USA. In fact I think we could say the USA has been on the warpath far more than.Islam. couldn't we?

We were pretty much at war for our first 100 years and nearly all of our existence.

Are you referring to the War of 1812? Because that can hardly be described as the "English attacks on us." Anyway, I'm sure NS was referring to the dozens and dozens of conflicts that the United States was involved in for the conquest of North America and later in Latin America and the Pacific.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States

Why do you believe no one's justifying it? Yes, there's a clear difference; and some people are merely looking at the causes. untermensche is justifying the act.

Nobody is trying to justify these attacks. Nothing can justify them.
And yet you tried to justify them.

Yes, god forbid the West ever pay for it's crimes.
Caught red-handed trying to justify them.

FYI, these attacks are not "the West" paying for "it's crimes". These attacks are individuals who committed no crime against Syrians and Iraqis paying for IS's not giving a damn whether the people they take their anger out on are the same people who they feel have committed crimes against them. That's a characteristic of IS that no one in the West deserves the blame for.

You can remove things from context all you want.

2 things are clear.

The US terrorist attack of the Iraqi people was the beginning of ISIS in it's current and deadly form.

When you terrorize a population, like the US did in it's terrorist attack of the Iraqi people, you will create many terrorists in the process.

Do people here disagree with this

I love how the very people who are so against "political correctness" get so easily offended by opposing viewpoints regarding foreign policy, to the point where they believe the other side is the enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

Did or did not Thomas Jefferson have plans for clearing native Americans off their lands for white settlements? It wasn't just "plans." This country's early history pretty much was one of conquest of native peoples with a few clashes with the European powers. Loren thinks we were at "peace" because we were not killing a lot of white people.

Ultimately, yes, even though it doesn't seem so at first. Doesn't make things any simpler. The U.S. invaded Iraq because it wanted resources. WW2 was fought over resources. The list is virtually endless.

I don't know if you are correct or not, but in defense of your argument, if the people of Iraq were economically secure, I don't think we'd be seeing the same kind of thing we do now.
What's your take on the situation? What's the answer to your question?

Sadly there are many dedicated, pious muslims celebrating this successful mission.

Yeah, go ahead and show us some credible, non-bigoted sources outlining these "many" celebrations.

And then you can have a look at the scores of condemnations from Muslims around the world. But of course, you don't ever bother with that part, because it doesn't gel with your agenda of demonizing Muslims every chance you get.

Yeah, go ahead and show us some credible, non-bigoted sources outlining these "many" celebrations.

And then you can have a look at the scores of condemnations from Muslims around the world. But of course, you don't ever bother with that part, because it doesn't gel with your agenda of demonizing Muslims every chance you get.

You disagree that quite a lot of muslims will be cheering from the sidelines ?

It may come as a surprise to you but Muslims are human beings, many of which can empathize with innocent who are attacked for no reason they can comprehend. This attack was truly a senseless attack even to the average Muslim opponent of the West in the ME. Beheaders and violent torturers and murderers are an aberration in their culture too. You don't seem to understand that.

I'll take this as your admission that you don't have any real evidence of these "many" celebrations you claimed exist.

Obviously there are going to be nutters out of a group of 1.5 billion, but only a bigoted asshole would choose to focus on them instead of the vastly greater number who are repulsed by this sort of violence against innocents.

What is your definition of "many"? Certainly the people who compromise ISIS are celebrating. They have taken credit for the attacks. It was just announced that ISIS was communicating with the terrorists. I would guess that there are at least 60,000 ISIS followers? But, I don't know for sure. But I am sure that France's response has probably already started. And it will be swift and severe. And the US and our allies will assist that the French. Yesterday was the beginning of the end of ISIS.

I'll take this as your admission that you don't have any real evidence of these "many" celebrations you claimed exist.

Obviously there are going to be nutters out of a group of 1.5 billion, but only a bigoted asshole would choose to focus on them instead of the vastly greater number who are repulsed by this sort of violence against innocents.

Obviously there are more muslims that quietly agree with this sort of thing than you would like.

Obviously there are more muslims that quietly agree with this sort of thing than you would like.

No, it's not "obvious" until you get off your ass and start producing some evidence, using real sources.

Except that part's too hard for you. You much prefer to make one-line drive by posts and never bother backing up any of your claims.

The fact that you can't bring yourself to acknowledge that the majority of the world's Muslims are normal human beings who don't support this sort of thing says really all that needs to be said about you and your agenda on this forum.

I don't know if you are correct or not, but in defense of your argument, if the people of Iraq were economically secure, I don't think we'd be seeing the same kind of thing we do now.
What's your take on the situation? What's the answer to your question?

I think that what you wrote beyond economic security has some merit--opportunity gives hope. I think it is possible that there also has to be some semblance of equal justice. I will add that religion is a bit of a danger because of how it can be used. So that's a problem here and there. I am taking it in for now, thinking about it.

It may come as a surprise to you but Muslims are human beings, many of which can empathize with innocent who are attacked for no reason they can comprehend. This attack was truly a senseless attack even to the average Muslim opponent of the West in the ME. Beheaders and violent torturers and murderers are an aberration in their culture too. You don't seem to understand that.

IS has killed a lot more Muslims than any other religious people. If you have the stomach for it, there's lots of videos they post online of them lining up the male townsfolk then shooting them in their heads. Captured opposing fighters, also Muslim, get the beheading treatment. What they do with the remaining women and children I don't even want to try to imagine.

On the contrary, there is a great difference.

Controlling the oil gives you power over nations that need it.

Taking it just gives you money.
I hate to burst your ideology, but having lots of oil is not all that great today. There is an abundance of oil on the market today. Most oil producing nations are in severe economic trouble unless they are diversified.

I hate to burst your ideology.

US so-called leaders are seeking ways to gain some control over other people's oil everyday.

They think beyond "today".

And of course in a fascist state government control means corporate control and corporate control means government control. There is no difference. They are working hand in hand.

- - - Updated - - -

It is textbook terrorism.

The illegitimate use of force to effect political change.

Quit buying your textbooks in Moscow.

Terrorism is the use of force on civilians to effect political change by frightening them into doing what you want.

Overthrowing a government, whether justified or not, is not terrorism.

How about rounding up innocent civilians and torturing them?

Is that terrorism?

No, it's not "obvious" until you get off your ass and start producing some evidence, using real sources.

Except that part's too hard for you. You much prefer to make one-line drive by posts and never bother backing up any of your claims.

The fact that you can't bring yourself to acknowledge that the majority of the world's Muslims are normal human beings who don't support this sort of thing says really all that needs to be said about you and your agenda on this forum.

Every dead infidel crusader will be cheered by a worrisome number of muslims. You know it so you can stop you're grandstanding, I'm not impressed.

Back
Top Bottom