• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Paris: Dozens Killed In Terrorist Attack

In defense of darling max if I were muslim I would seriously think about speaking out against muslim extremism as it would likely get me killed or at least hated. To my knowledge there are no MLK, JB, AS muslim types out there, no one to rally around, no muslim leaders on this score. Agree? That's a good discussion.

That there are no Muslim leaders out there on this score it indicates there is not a strong undercurrent of sentiment within Islam presently to produce one.

In defense of darling max if I were muslim I would seriously think about speaking out against muslim extremism as it would likely get me killed or at least hated. To my knowledge there are no MLK, JB, AS muslim types out there, no one to rally around, no muslim leaders on this score. Agree? That's a good discussion.

That there are no Muslim leaders out there on this score it indicates there is not a strong undercurrent of sentiment within Islam presently to produce one.

You could try and look at google. I found quite a few last time.

Yes. Tens of thousands of muslims protested against Salman Rushdie for example in the 80s.

Where? Iran?

Well, there were 7,000 at one protest in England in 1988 and multiple bookstore bombings in England and the US for carrying it.

There's probably more, but that's all I could find in what I figure was the amount of time it took you to type "Where? Iran?"

Yes, it's very dangerous to be a decent human being while muslim, even in Europe.

Caricatures - huge protests
ISIS kills 21 muslims, lesser "protests",
ISIS kills 120+ people in France - so far not much of anything.

Who's responsible for ISIS?

The main players in funding terrorism are Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

- - - Updated - - -

In other words, the terrorists have already conquered the Muslims.

Where? Iran?

Well, there were 7,000 at one protest in England in 1988 and multiple bookstore bombings in England and the US for carrying it.

There's probably more, but that's all I could find in what I figure was the amount of time it took you to type "Where? Iran?"

Oh 7000 of those devils.

7000 who?

To bigots one Muslim is the same as all the rest.

But in the real world there are countless Muslim interests and opinions. And what some Muslim in London may think they are protesting may not be what some far away observer thinks they are protesting.

Oh 7000 of those devils.

7000 who?

But in the real world there are countless Muslim interests and opinions. And what some Muslim in London may think they are protesting may not be what some far away observer thinks they are protesting.

No, they were 7,000 Muslims who gathered together in order to burn copies of the Satanic Verses. They were very clear and straightforward about who they were and what they were doing.

On May 27, 1989, 15 - 20,000 Muslims gathered in Parliament Square and burned Rushdie in effigy while calling on the British government to ban the book. Again, the entire point of the protest was that they wanted everyone to know exactly who they were and exactly what they were doing and why.

There was absolutely no difference in what far away observers thought they were protesting and what they were actually protesting. That's one of the signs of a quality protest. It doesn't leave people asking the question "What are these people doing here?" as they go out of their way to make that abundently clear.

I apologize if I'm misreading you, but you seem to be making the argument that these large protests by European Muslims against the Satanic Verses either didn't happen or that they were actually about something else. Is that what you're saying? If not, what did you mean by "And what some Muslim in London may think they are protesting may not be what some far away observer thinks they are protesting"? It seems to me that they were very clear about what they came out to protest.

Oh 7000 of those devils.

7000 who?

No, they were 7,000 Muslims who gathered together in order to burn copies of the Satanic Verses. They were very clear and straightforward about who they were and what they were doing.

Muslims from where? And burning books is ignorant but it isn't criminal.

On May 27, 1989, 15 - 20,000 Muslims gathered in Parliament Square and burned Rushdie in effigy while calling on the British government to ban the book. Again, the entire point of the protest was that they wanted everyone to know exactly who they were and exactly what they were doing and why.

So a peaceful protest in other words? Voicing displeasure with a book again may be ignorant but it isn't criminal or advocacy of criminal activity.

Tom can you read minds now? How do you know those Muslims weren't hoodwinked into protesting Salman Rushdie? Maybe they thought they were standing vigil for Islam and its message of peace and love for all mankind.

Tom can you read minds now? How do you know those Muslims weren't hoodwinked into protesting Salman Rushdie? Maybe they thought they were standing vigil for Islam and its message of peace and love for all mankind.

Is it a crime for people to protest books because Americans do it all the time?

It seems there is always some strange double standard when the activity of Muslims is looked at.

So, unless you wish to see Americans killed yourself, I imagine you'd be against letting them in so they can have the opportunity.

I'd say some acts of humanity would be the best thing to get many to not want to kill Americans.

It doesn't seem particularly humanitarian to relocate people to a country they hate so much they want to kill its citizens.

Also, as brown people they'd be a great risk from the police and offensive halloween costumes at our colleges.

No, not humanitarian at all.

Muslims from where? And burning books is ignorant but it isn't criminal.

I suppose many of them were from in and around the Bolden area, but some could have travelled from elsewhere to get there. I doubt 6,994 flew in from Iran for this, though, and at least a couple dozen were European Muslims.

So a peaceful protest in other words? Voicing displeasure with a book again may be ignorant but it isn't criminal or advocacy of criminal activity.

I don't believe anybody said it was, so you're not really making a counterpoint here.

What it is, though, is an indication that this insult to Islam was a subject they had a sufficient level of passion to get onto a subway and/or bus for and take a few hours out of their lives in order to publically voice their displeasure. They are currently saying that they feel that slaughtering a hundred civilians in the name of Islam is less of an insult to Islam than some dude writing something in a book was. That's not worth leaving a room over.

Yes. Tens of thousands of muslims protested against Salman Rushdie for example in the 80s.

Where? Iran?

untermensche said:
7000 who?

Tom Sawyer said:

This exchange should be in a textbook about goalpost shifting.

I'd say some acts of humanity would be the best thing to get many to not want to kill Americans.

It doesn't seem particularly humanitarian to relocate people to a country they hate so much they want to kill its citizens.

Also, as brown people they'd be a great risk from the police and offensive halloween costumes at our colleges.

No, not humanitarian at all.

Just because many would be justified in this hate doesn't mean many have it.

Many of them are better than the US terrorists that invaded the region and unleashed ISIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Where? Iran?

untermensche said:
7000 who?

Tom Sawyer said:

This exchange should be in a textbook about goalpost shifting.

What you call goalpost shifting I call trying to elucidate more than "Those dirty Muslims support terrorism".

It seems there is always some strange double standard when the activity of Muslims is looked at.

Private citizens getting together to protest a book is fine. Killing authors, filmmakers and cartoonists not so much. It's this last one that tends to get Muslims criticized.

Private citizens getting together to protest a book is fine. Killing authors, filmmakers and cartoonists not so much. It's this last one that tends to get Muslims criticized.

So we can apply the same standards to Christians and occupants of "Christian" nations?

No. Try to keep up.

People pointed to protests and book burning as evidence of....... well, evidence of something, I'm not exactly sure of what, something like; those Muslims are terror loving Jihadists coming to rape your mother.

Keep them out.

What you call goalpost shifting I call trying to elucidate more than "Those dirty Muslims support terrorism".
No its not simply me calling it something. Its exactly what you're doing. First you denied it happened in the west by suggesting "where Iran". Then you claimed they were protesting something else. And finally you dismiss it by saying it was just a "peaceful" protest while omitting the death threats to Rushdie.

Back
Top Bottom