• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches

Which do you go for?

• Total voters

rousseau

Contributor
In the past week or two I've started back on PB & Js, hadn't had one in a long time. Turns out it took me until my thirties to make one properly: with an enormous amount of both peanut butter and jelly.

This thread is here to discuss your PB & J preferences, and all other issues surrounding this type of sandwich.

What about the bread? It has to be a whole grain cewy kind.

PP on toast with coffee is one of the finest eating experiences in the world.

Heavy peanut butter but no jelly. On Rye bread. Or on a slice of french bread, and broiled in the oven until the peanut butter just begins to scorch a little. Or peanut butter on Ritz crackers.

Heavy? Light? Kind of subjective, don't you think?
Doesn't everyone think his personal preference is moderate/moderate?

Needs to be preserves, need the chunks of strawberries... or at least what is left of them. Peanut butter needs to be crunchy, otherwise, wasting valuable bread.

I like Santa Cruz creamy peanut butter and Bonne Maman jelly. Raspberry jelly is probably my favorite but since I've been buying Bonne Maman, I've been edging toward their blueberry. I like crunchy peanut butter just fine but I go through it faster. Then I have to stir another jar. It's just too much. I've got enough on my plate already. I had considered a peanut butter stirrer but the cleaning of it looks to be more involved. Overall, I think I'm better off sticking with the butter knife for stirring.
I'm still making PB&J with these presumed healthy breads. I should stop that. PB&J is best on soft white bread and smashed down flat. It's been decades since I've done that. PB&J on a white bagel is good and very filling. It's lunch on the go all by itself.

How thick of a layer? Just enough so it doesn't squeeze out the other side.

Back
Top Bottom