• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

Why do we have to suffer through this boredom. This is a reboot of 2016 and I hate it

Why do we have to suffer through this boredom. This is a reboot of 2016 and I hate it

One difference is that the first investigation was about Trump the candidate, and the second is about Trump the civil servant. By swearing the oath at the inauguration, he assumed a host of rights and responsibilities for which a different legal standard applies.

I think the one thing going for the Dems in this is the big picture. The Secretary of State and President were in on the call. The call involved bad shit that included the Attorney General and Trump's personal lawyer. It is pretty bad when the President, Attorney General, and Secretary of State are implicated in abuse of executive power and involved in a cover up.

The GOP in the Senate are statues right now. It indicates they have little faith in what acts Trump is actually innocent of and worry about what he actually has done. The GOP in the Senate decide Trump's fate. Their silence speaks volumes at the moment. If the SD IG comes out with a damning collection of documents, Trump could be forced to resign (the "if" is emphasized for a reason) shortly. The GOP knows if Trump is to leave office, they'd want that sooner than later in order to cauterize the grave wound they'll suffer for passing on the Mueller Report.

Or it could amount to nothing and we relive both Kavanaugh hearings and the Mueller Report all over again.

We'll see... shortly... or not.

One difference is that the first investigation was about Trump the candidate, and the second is about Trump the civil servant. By swearing the oath at the inauguration, he assumed a host of rights and responsibilities for which a different legal standard applies.
Also, the President released the evidence that implicates him and the Attorney General.

I think the one thing going for the Dems in this is the big picture. The Secretary of State and President were in on the call. The call involved bad shit that included the Attorney General and Trump's personal lawyer. It is pretty bad when the President, Attorney General, and Secretary of State are implicated in abuse of executive power and involved in a cover up.

The GOP in the Senate are statues right now. It indicates they have little faith in what acts Trump is actually innocent of and worry about what he actually has done. The GOP in the Senate decide Trump's fate. Their silence speaks volumes at the moment. If the SD IG comes out with a damning collection of documents, Trump could be forced to resign (the "if" is emphasized for a reason) shortly. The GOP knows if Trump is to leave office, they'd want that sooner than later in order to cauterize the grave wound they'll suffer for passing on the Mueller Report.

Or it could amount to nothing and we relive both Kavanaugh hearings and the Mueller Report all over again.

We'll see... shortly... or not.
Who aband' us in court?
Say the bells of Newport
All will be well if-if-if-if-if,
Say the green bells of Cardiff
Why so worried, sister why?
Say the silver bells of Whye
And what will you give me?
Say the sad bells of Rhymney.

"The Bells of Rhymney", by Welsh poet Idris Davies.

Ya. They'll try him... after throwing every piece of evidence and testimony out because it is partisan... Partisan as defined as "in opposition to anything Trump has ever said or done". So, lacking any evidence at all, it will last 1 second in Senate, and they will talk about all the investigations into the investigators as often as possible.
The House, if intelligent, will never hand it over to the Senate to bless Trump as the victim of Democratic harassment of the president.

The trial in the Senate will be run by Chief Justice Roberts, not by Moscow Mitch.

Actually, it will be presided over by Justice Cavanaugh... because reasons.

link
President Ellipsis said:
All the Do Nothing Democrats are focused on is Impeaching the President for having a very good conversation with the Ukrainian President. I knew that many people were listening, even have a transcript. They have been at this “stuff” from the day I got elected. Bad for Country!
Mr. President, would you care to implicate anyone specifically in the cover-up?

Lindsey Graham - I won't try the president on hearsay.

Why not? You did it with Clinton.

Trump the civil servant.

That’s funny.

It is pretty bad when the President, Attorney General, and Secretary of State are implicated in abuse of executive power and involved in a cover up.

The SD IG comes out with a damning collection of documents.

“Pretty bad”, I would have went with pretty scary.

Guessing those documents mentioned last night just confirms what Pompeo admitted to this morning, that he was on the phone call.

Way to get out in front of it Mike.

Trump the civil servant.

That’s funny.

It is pretty bad when the President, Attorney General, and Secretary of State are implicated in abuse of executive power and involved in a cover up.

The SD IG comes out with a damning collection of documents.

“Pretty bad”, I would have went with pretty scary.

Guessing those documents mentioned last night just confirms what Pompeo admitted to this morning, that he was on the phone call.

Way to get out in front of it Mike.

Before the transcript was released and before we knew Pompeo had listened in on the entire call he did the "ah...derp...derp" when asked if he knew anything. May have been on CNN, don't remember.

This just in!!! President uses naughty word... in ALL CAPS. No, I'm not making this up.

President Potty Mouth said:
The Do Nothing Democrats should be focused on building up our Country, not wasting everyone’s time and energy on BULLSHIT, which is what they have been doing ever since I got overwhelmingly elected in 2016, 223-306. Get a better candidate this time, you’ll need it!
This is like a guy in a job for several years backing up his lack of production by saying he graduated college. For some reason he feels the need to keep referencing his electoral college victory. Trust us Donnie. We remember. I couldn't sleep that night after realizing how stupid the nation was.
Lindsey Graham - I won't try the president on hearsay.
Yeah, I'm tired of having the transcript in the public arena... having been released by the White House, and these GOP and AM Radio dipshits still saying "hearsay". Most importantly, the impeachment inquiry is supposed to upgrade what is actually "hearsay" to under oath testimony.

Trump refers to his Presidency as "the greatest hoax".

Yes, I've taken him out of context. But this is really just an alternative way of looking at the truth, so it is as valid as the actual truth.

He said, again, that he's a stable genius and he chooses his words carefully.

SD IG is leaving now. He was meeting with committees for an hour or so. He made no comments upon leaving, which is to be expected. Now we wait.

... some more.

https://www.apnews.com/b0c0b700b58048838a70906979f93b83
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic leaders warned the White House Wednesday to expect a subpoena demanding documents on President Donald Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, accusing the administration of “flagrant disregard” of previous requests and saying that refusal could be considered an impeachable offense.

Separately, the Democrats accused Trump of “an incitement to violence” against a national security whistleblower and advised him and his administration not to intimidate potential witnesses in their impeachment inquiry. The whistleblower exposed a July phone call that Trump had with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in which Trump pressed for an investigation of Democratic political rival Joe Biden and his family. Democrats say the pressure on Zelenskiy, on its own, constitutes an abuse of power worthy of impeachment.

House intelligence committee Chairman Adam Schiff, accusing Trump of inviting violence against the whistleblower, said any effort to interfere with the Democrats’ investigations would be considered evidence of obstruction and could be included in articles of impeachment.

“We’re not fooling around here,” he said.

It appears Trump is on a collision course for impeachment and we are not just considering Ukrainegate here. We are considering obstruction of justice, witness intimidation, and cover up. Trump seems to be committing political suicide right in front of our eyes. The problem may well be for the Republicans, they can laugh off Ukrainegate, but not obvious refusal to obey subpoenas, or threatening witnesses or obvious stonewalling. This is getting interesting. And it could be conspiracy if Trump suborns people like Guiliani and Pompeo to like wise refuse to cooperate with the special council mandate to investigate Ukraingate.

Why aren't more people supporting impeachment? New Poll suggests many people are afraid that might backfire and get Trump re-elected. Not that they are opposed to impeachment itself.

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/02/impeachment-poll-democrats/
A new YouGov Blue poll for the Progressive Change Institute, the nonprofit polling arm of the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, lends insight into both of these crucial questions. The poll, released Wednesday morning, found that other polls undercount support for Democrats moving forward on an impeachment inquiry. It also revealed that a third of voters who oppose impeachment actually agree that Trump committed high crimes, but are concerned that it would hurt Democrats politically. And a majority of the voters who support an impeachment inquiry said Democrats should proceed “boldly and decisively,” with all members voting within the next month.
Overall, the poll suggests that voters are roughly split, with 49 percent supporting impeachment and 43 percent opposing it. This dovetails with recent Monmouth University and Quinnipiac polls, which show strengthening support for impeachment. But the YouGov poll shows that those opposed to impeachment may be concerned about political ramifications for Democrats.

https://www.apnews.com/b0c0b700b58048838a70906979f93b83
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic leaders warned the White House Wednesday to expect a subpoena demanding documents on President Donald Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, accusing the administration of “flagrant disregard” of previous requests and saying that refusal could be considered an impeachable offense.

Separately, the Democrats accused Trump of “an incitement to violence” against a national security whistleblower and advised him and his administration not to intimidate potential witnesses in their impeachment inquiry. The whistleblower exposed a July phone call that Trump had with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in which Trump pressed for an investigation of Democratic political rival Joe Biden and his family. Democrats say the pressure on Zelenskiy, on its own, constitutes an abuse of power worthy of impeachment.

House intelligence committee Chairman Adam Schiff, accusing Trump of inviting violence against the whistleblower, said any effort to interfere with the Democrats’ investigations would be considered evidence of obstruction and could be included in articles of impeachment.

“We’re not fooling around here,” he said.

It appears Trump is on a collision course for impeachment and we are not just considering Ukrainegate here. We are considering obstruction of justice, witness intimidation, and cover up. Trump seems to be committing political suicide right in front of our eyes. The problem may well be for the Republicans, they can laugh off Ukrainegate, but not obvious refusal to obey subpoenas, or threatening witnesses or obvious stonewalling. This is getting interesting. And it could be conspiracy if Trump suborns people like Guiliani and Pompeo to like wise refuse to cooperate with the special council mandate to investigate Ukraingate.

This is headed for a showdown, it's not something that will go away soon. It really doesn't matter if it helps Dickhead get reelected. In the long run this confrontation needs to happen and have an outcome, regardless of presidential politics. It's much more straightforward than the Mueller thing so we'll know the difference between balls and strikes.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/trump-pence-ukraine-phone-calls-1512771
President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that reporters should ask Mike Pence to release details of his conversations with Ukraine, seemingly drawing his vice president into the scandal that has engulfed the administration.

“I think you should ask for Vice President Pence’s conversation, because he had a couple of conversations also,” Trump said at a news conference on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York. “I could save you a lot of time. They were all perfect. Nothing was mentioned of any import other than congratulations.”

Trump has now implicated Pense. What did the VP know and when did he know it? What did Pence discuss with the Ukrainians?

I said before if he goes down he's going to drag the rest of them down with him.

Back
Top Bottom