• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pelosi: Impeachment Is Moving Forward

I'm guessing that the Repubs are relying heavily on an interpretation of Article 2 ie the President can say anything without committing a crime.

Obstruction of justice is complicated. Releasing a phone call transcript where you ask the Ukrainian President for a favor consisting of investigating a domestic political opponent isn't quite as complicated.

Do you actually believe a transcript was released that shows this?

I find that a bit frightening. A commentary on how people can be impervious to facts.

Hi, Devin!

Trump admitting to this and his previously stating on television that he would accept help from a foreign country I see as him testing the system. This is a watershed moment in US democracy.

Testing the system? Really? How does one test an utterly corrupt system?

Guess who said this,

“I want to know who’s the person, who’s the person who gave the whistleblower the information? Because that’s close to a spy,” he continued. “You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now.”

Guess who said this,

“I want to know who’s the person, who’s the person who gave the whistleblower the information? Because that’s close to a spy,” he continued. “You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart? Right? The spies and treason, we used to handle it a little differently than we do now.”

Randy MacIntosh?

Obstruction of justice is complicated. Releasing a phone call transcript where you ask the Ukrainian President for a favor consisting of investigating a domestic political opponent isn't quite as complicated.

I find that a bit frightening. A commentary on how people can be impervious to facts.

Hi, Devin!

Nope, Devin's cow. :tomato:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/politics/who-is-whistleblower.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

WASHINGTON — The whistle-blower who revealed that President Trump sought foreign help for his re-election and that the White House sought to cover it up is a C.I.A. officer who was detailed to work at the White House at one point, according to three people familiar with his identity.

The man has since returned to the C.I.A., the people said. Little else is known about him. His complaint made public Thursday suggested he was an analyst by training and made clear he was steeped in details of American foreign policy toward Europe, demonstrating a sophisticated understanding of Ukrainian politics and at least some knowledge of the law.

The whistle-blower’s expertise will likely add to lawmakers’ confidence about the merits of his complaint, and tamp down allegations that he might have misunderstood what he learned about Mr. Trump. He did not listen directly to a July call between Mr. Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine that is at the center of the political firestorm over the president’s mixing of diplomacy with personal political gain.

He also obliquely threatened the whistle-blower or his sources with punishment. “I want to know who’s the person who gave the whistle-blower the information because that’s close to a spy,” Mr. Trump told staff members from the United States Mission to the United Nations before an event there.

“You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart with spies and treason, right?” he added. “We used to handle it a little differently than we do now.”

So now Trump is threatening the whistle blower. How much more needs to be happen before his sycophants realize that Trump is like a mafia chief who uses threats and extortion to get his way?

NYT-Whistle-Blower Is a C.I.A. Officer Who Was Detailed to the White House

The whistle-blower who revealed that President Trump sought foreign help for his re-election and that the White House sought to cover it up is a C.I.A. officer who was detailed to work at the White House at one point, according to three people familiar with his identity.

The man has since returned to the C.I.A., the people said. Little else is known about him. His complaint made public Thursday suggested he was an analyst by training and made clear he was steeped in details of American foreign policy toward Europe, demonstrating a sophisticated understanding of Ukrainian politics and at least some knowledge of the law.

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20190812_-_whistleblower_complaint_unclass.pdf

I just read the whistle blower's complaint. Pages 4 and 5 caught my eye. Several Ukrainian officials did in fact create some false dirt on the Bidens. This stuff, if leaked to friendly media such as Fox could have doomed Biden's candidacy and possibly lead to legal problems for both Bidens. Had not this whistle blower acted, it is possible that Trump's rat fucking dirty trick could have borne fruit.

This is going to put Ukrainian president Zelensky in a very uncomfortable position. Who authorized these activities, and will they be disowned by Ukraine? Will there be trouble for Ukraine from the Democratic leaders if Zelensky is seen as not being honest? Ukraine'sProsecutor General, Yuri Lutsenko, who made these allegations has some explaining to do.

Zelensky ran on a campaign of anti-corruption and has expressed a desire to fire Lutsenko if elected. Clearing all of this up is going to be an issue for Zelensky and his government. Lutsenko was fired on August 29, 2019.

This is going to get intense. Fox news has already started to use this false narrative to smear Biden.

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20190812_-_whistleblower_complaint_unclass.pdf

I just read the whistle blower's complaint. Pages 4 and 5 caught my eye. Several Ukrainian officials did in fact create some false dirt on the Bidens. This stuff, if leaked to friendly media such as Fox could have doomed Biden's candidacy and possibly lead to legal problems for both Bidens. Had not this whistle blower acted, it is possible that Trump's rat fucking dirty trick could have borne fruit.

This is going to put Ukrainian president Zelensky in a very uncomfortable position. Who authorized these activities, and will they be disowned by Ukraine? Will there be trouble for Ukraine from the Democratic leaders if Zelensky is seen as not being honest? Ukraine'sProsecutor General, Yuri Lutsenko, who made these allegations has some explaining to do.

Zelensky ran on a campaign of anti-corruption and has expressed a desire to fire Lutsenko if elected. Clearing all of this up is going to be an issue for Zelensky and his government. Lutsenko was fired on August 29, 2019.

This is going to get intense. Fox news has already started to use this false narrative to smear Biden.

It stated in the complaint that Lutsenko walked those comments back. Perhaps it was in a footnote.

Well, the right-wing on AM radio is going all out in House GOP fashion. One interesting critique was disappointment that the GOP in the Senate is not frothing at the mouth yet. It is funny, They complain the Dems have been targeting Trump the whole time. Democrats like Comey (not a Democrat) and Mueller (not a Democrat), etc... Also funny, in a not funny way, these people are on there making it sound like we are on the verge of war. Warning of communism befalling America.
He also obliquely threatened the whistle-blower or his sources with punishment. “I want to know who’s the person who gave the whistle-blower the information because that’s close to a spy,” Mr. Trump told staff members from the United States Mission to the United Nations before an event there.

“You know what we used to do in the old days when we were smart with spies and treason, right?” he added. “We used to handle it a little differently than we do now.”
So now Trump is threatening the whistle blower. How much more needs to be happen before his sycophants realize that Trump is like a mafia chief who uses threats and extortion to get his way?
Jebus Chrimminy! He said that?! And that quote wasn't just about the whistleblower, but his sources as well. He literally said he wants to kill them. Fuck, that is impeachable on its own right!

Pelosi was waiting for evidence in hand. The GOP made it clear that the Mueller Report wasn't bad enough. This Whistleblower was able to get these details out before Barr would provide a "summary" and control a false narrative.

Well, the right-wing on AM radio is going all out in House GOP fashion. One interesting critique was disappointment that the GOP in the Senate is not frothing at the mouth yet. It is funny, They complain the Dems have been targeting Trump the whole time. Democrats like Comey (not a Democrat) and Mueller (not a Democrat), etc... Also funny, in a not funny way, these people are on there making it sound like we are on the verge of war. Warning of communism befalling America.

Jebus Chrimminy! He said that?! And that quote wasn't just about the whistleblower, but his sources as well. He literally said he wants to kill them. Fuck, that is impeachable on its own right!

Why, it's almost as if america is an illusion based upon spectacle and denialism.

President Trump: ...There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

dismal, you and the conservatives have really shown how bankrupt you are when it comes to political ideology.

President Trump: ...There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

dismal, you and the conservatives have really shown how bankrupt you are when it comes to political ideology.

I would argue they're quite flush in partishanshithead political ideology.

Let's do a little test. Read the transcript. Tell me what the favor that was asked was.

DISMAL, YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS???!!

Trump: "I'd like you to do us a favor": Request#1
Zelensky: Yeah okay.
Trump: Request#2. And if you could do that, "that would be great." "The other thing," Request#3.
Zelensky: Yeah okay.
Trump: I predict your country is going to do super duper awesome. The money's going to flow in like never in the Universe.

Newark, NJ: Alleged bank robber released by police because he never said "I am now robbing a bank" during the robbery

Back
Top Bottom