• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Please Be Kind...Rewind

James Brown

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic Atheist
I thought I'd try a game I heard about that seemed fun.

(For you young kids, Rewinding was something you had to do to movies before you took them back to the Rental Shop or else they would charge--never mind, just be aware of how easy you have it these days.)

The object of the game is to describe the plot of a movie in reverse. The player who correctly guesses the movie gets to describe the next movie. I'll start with the first one:

A giant ship rises out of the ocean, swallows a bunch of swimmers, then steams towards England at high speed.

That'd be the Titanic.

I like this movie. It involves:

Taking stones and putting them into a case, taking them to a cruise ship, then eventually putting them right back where they were in the beginning.

That'd be the Titanic.

I like this movie. It involves:

Taking stones and putting them into a case, taking them to a cruise ship, then eventually putting them right back where they were in the beginning.

Sounds like the Fifth Element

How about:

Mysterious Object takes action to regress advance human species race into primitive tribal beasts.

Mysterious Object takes action to regress advance human species race into primitive tribal beasts.

2001: A Space Odyssey

(Nice one.)

A professor loses, then finds, then loses, then finds, then loses again, a valuable artifact.

(Nice one.)

A professor loses, then finds, then loses, then finds, then loses again, a valuable artifact.

Raiders of the Lost Ark. (It's a palindrome movie apparently?)

A superman forgets his powers, escapes from his pursuers, gets his friend captured, reunites with him thanks to a resurrected villain who becomes his friend also, forgets a lot of things during a montage, rides a waterslide backwards, regurgitates an object, goes to work, goes to a party, goes home. Another person makes a phone call and is almost caught by the police.

(Nice one.)

A superman forgets his powers, escapes from his pursuers, gets his friend captured, reunites with him thanks to a resurrected villain who becomes his friend also, forgets a lot of things during a montage, rides a waterslide backwards, regurgitates an object, goes to work, goes to a party, goes home. Another person makes a phone call and is almost caught by the police.

The Matrix

This was a subplot in a movie:
A working class space crew repairs a malfunctioning android with a baseball bat before eventually accepting him as one of their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or this one:

A man kills his wife resulting in severe mental breakdown and a tattoo addiction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or this one:

A man kills his wife resulting in severe mental breakdown and a tattoo addiction.

Memento.

- - - Updated - - -

The Matrix

A working class space crew repairs a malfunctioning android with a baseball bat before eventually accepting him as one of their own.

Alien.

Columbo reads a book backwards.

Memento.

- - - Updated - - -

The Matrix

Alien.

Columbo reads a book backwards.
Princess Bride.

In a whirlwind of frenzy, two groups of people attempt to flee miraculous acts of god that keep improving places from complete destruction to perfectly fine.

In a whirlwind of frenzy, two groups of people attempt to flee miraculous acts of god that keep improving places from complete destruction to perfectly fine.

Sounds like 2012. Or maybe San Andreas.

After destroying a government works project, a young man runs and hides on a remote farm.

I propose that was Twister.

After destroying a government works project, a young man runs and hides on a remote farm.

Star Wars ep IV - A New Hope

A group of British airmen help to re-build water infrastructure in the Ruhr Valley. On their return, their leader gets a new dog.

A group of British airmen help to re-build water infrastructure in the Ruhr Valley. On their return, their leader gets a new dog.

Is that Force 10 from Navaronne? (I don't remember the bit about the dog.)

I was going to post the exact same comment (including the comment about the dog!)

But I think the movie is

Dam Busters

after looking around on IMDB

I was going to post the exact same comment (including the comment about the dog!)

But I think the movie is

Dam Busters

after looking around on IMDB

That's the one.

A group of poultry crash on an airplane, and spend the rest of their miserable lives in cages.

Back
Top Bottom