• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pokemon Go

Some of you may not realize that Pokemon isn't something new. There was a very successful TV show aimed towards kids about a decade or two ago, and there have also been other Pokemon video games that were hugely successful. When I used to work at the local toy store, I once saw a fight break out over the last Pokemon game. We always sold out of all of them around Christmas time.

Perhaps if you actually saw how cute Pikachu is then you might understand

...Well, yes, this is the 20 year anniversary of the original Pokemon games' release, which is why we're getting this, re-releases, "legendary" pokemon available on a monthly basis, and a new entry to the series in november.

GO seems a bit on the sparse side to me so far, mostly because it doesn't have the same multiplayer battling that the originals do - but it's not a bad game in terms of a smartphone game.

Pokemon is after my time, so I'm just not into it, but I can't understand why so many people are getting angry about the fact that other people like something. I'm not going to give Pokemon fans grief about this because I have my own nerd obsessions.

Frankly, I would love it if there were a Star Trek game that sent me scurrying all over trying to "scan" things with my "tricorder" (phone).

Or maybe a Ghost in the Shell game in which you had to physically locate a "hacker" or something.

Pokemon is after my time, so I'm just not into it, but I can't understand why so many people are getting angry about the fact that other people like something. I'm not going to give Pokemon fans grief about this because I have my own nerd obsessions.
Same here. I've been posting this image everywhere in response to bitchemons.

shhletpeopleenjoy.jpg
Frankly, I would love it if there were a Star Trek game that sent me scurrying all over trying to "scan" things with my "tricorder" (phone).

Yes, please!! :hylidae:

Ya Underseer the word Pokémon ruins it for me. I doubt I'll ever try it. Make an app for following gps to collect blowjobs from random women dressed as Pokémon and you may get me off the couch. Remember Pogs? I was thinking a Pog and Slammer gps game would be neat. Maybe the Slammers could be used as a currency outside the game. The oldschool ones were trippy and holographic looking. I always thought they looked like a futuristic coin.

Well, Pokemon is getting a LITTLE out of hand. Although there's chance that this is really video from The Walking Dead:

Brains.....Braaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnsssssss!!!!!!

I think it sounds charming. Not my cuppa tea and I don't have any devices that can run it, but charming and I'm enjoying the delight others are finding in it.

Then there is this genius:

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/14/12192666/pokemon-go-hillary-clinton-campaign
So campaign organizers for Clinton, like her Ohio organizing director Jennifer Friedmann, started showing up at PokéStops and gyms to register Pokémon Go players to vote:

There’s even an official Hillary event scheduled in Lakewood, Ohio, pegged to the game. "Join us as we go to the Pokestop in Madison Park and put up a lure module, get free pokemon, & battle each other while you register voters and learn more about Sec. Hillary Clinton!!!" the event description says. "Kids welcome!"

Not so much genius for doing this, as much as thinking of it and beginning to execute it within 4 days of the app deploying.
That's genius.

They buy the "lures" and let people know if they come to the voter registration booth there are extra pokemon in the vicinity, thanks to the campaign.
That just gives me big sparkly smiles.

Or maybe a Ghost in the Shell game in which you had to physically locate a "hacker" or something.

I think you just had a couple million dollar ideas there. Seriously.

Pokemon Go with à sci-fi theme? That's the game Niantic built their engine with before they got the Pokemon contract, it's called Ingress.

Back
Top Bottom