• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police shooting in Atlanta aka "Sir, this is a Wendy's drive-through"

guessing you were busy watching tucker carlson last night?
I never watch Tucker Carlson, except in short YouTube clips.

I will stop enabling your silly derail now. If 1/6 is the only thing you want to talk about, there are plenty of threads about it already.

... you see 2020 rioters who actually committed acts of wanton destruction and killed dozens as "peaceful protesters".
Do you have a cite for the "dozens" of killings? Google shows me HUNDREDS of killings since the 1990s by right-wing terrorists in the U.S. and ZERO by "Antifa." Or are you including murderers like the 16-year old vigilante (and future Senator?) Kyle Whatshisname as among those that "you guys" see as "peaceful protesters"?

Seriously, what were these "dozens" of killings? I'm prepared to believe that Google knows I've been brainwashed by the Lame Stream and only shows me what it thinks I want to see! (I'm certainly prepared to believe that about your ilk.)

It's funny you guys see January 6th rioters as the worst thing ever, while you see 2020 rioters who actually committed acts of wanton destruction and killed dozens as "peaceful protesters".

Top elected officials in the World's Greatest Democracy™ plan a violent coup d'état and for you that's less important than a few opportunistic lootings? Got it.

It's funny you guys see January 6th rioters as the worst thing ever, while you see 2020 rioters who actually committed acts of wanton destruction and killed dozens as "peaceful protesters".
I think it’s the reasons for the violence, not the violence itself. Anyone can pull pictures from the “Find someone doing something wrong on both sides” public access folder and claim both sides are wrong.

:staffwarn:

Ad hominem and insulting posts are not only against the TOU, they get in the way of interesting discussions.
Address the topic, not the person.

Check your post before you press “post reply.” If your post includes an insulting or a personal remark, edit it and get back to discussing the topic.

I think it’s the reasons for the violence, not the violence itself. Anyone can pull pictures from the “Find someone doing something wrong on both sides” public access folder and claim both sides are wrong.

That’s right.
What our friendly local “I’m not a right winger”s routinely miss is that one side is protesting and yes, causing property damage, in order to try to gain Constitutional rights they have been guaranteed and then have been denied, while the other side is dedicated to the termination of the democratic process that conferred those rights in the first place.

Actually I don’t think they’re missing it, they’re trying to obfuscate, deny and distract from it.

At least these two killers are alive to defend themselves from society defending itself from them - something they denied Mr Brooks.

Do you have a cite for the "dozens" of killings?
I do not remember every single case, but I certainly remember three cases of intentional murder by #BLMers/Antifa in 2020:
Small-town police chief killed as officers in 3 cities wounded during violence at George Floyd protests
Gun found on Michael Reinoehl was the same one used in downtown Portland killing last August, crime lab rules
And relevant to this thread:
Grand jury indicts two men in death of 8-year-old girl shot during Atlanta protests

I could find more if I really looked. There are also cases of a looter being accidentally run over by a Fed Ex truck he was looting and several rioters/looters shot by store owners defending their property (example). Overall, the 2020 riots have been much deadlier than January 6th riot, in addition to causing a lot more damage, including to government buildings.
And that's 2020 riots alone. If you want to extend it to 2014, the genesis of the #BLM rioting/insurrections, the bodies just pile up more.

Google shows me HUNDREDS of killings since the 1990s by right-wing terrorists in the U.S. and ZERO by "Antifa."
That is more a testament to media bias than anything else. For example, often when a white guy does something bad (like arson), he is automatically labeled a "boogaloo boy" by the media to distance him from #BLM/Antifa.
In the case of Minneapolis courthouse arson, there were two black and two white perps. The white ones were labeled "boogaloos" even though that makes no sense and at least one of them denies the label:
Protester at BLM rally on why he took part in Minneapolis arson

Or are you including murderers like the 16-year old vigilante (and future Senator?) Kyle Whatshisname as among those that "you guys" see as "peaceful protesters"?
KR was there to protect property that "peaceful" #BLM "protesters" decided to destroy. He was attacked by three of these "peaceful protesters", two of them violent felons and one of them armed with a handgun, and defended himself.
Self defense is still legal, which is why he was acquitted on all three shootings.

Seriously, what were these "dozens" of killings? I'm prepared to believe that Google knows I've been brainwashed by the Lame Stream and only shows me what it thinks I want to see! (I'm certainly prepared to believe that about your ilk.)
I gave you three intentional and unlawful killings. You are welcome to search for more. In addition to intentional and unlawful homicides, there are other deaths that would not have happened but for violent #BLM/Antifa riots, like the self-defense killings of Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber that you already mentioned. Add to that the killings in the Seattle Soviet Republic (aka Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone) and other depoliced autonomous zones that were temporarily established during the riots. And other deaths directly or indirectly due to the riots.

Top elected officials in the World's Greatest Democracy™ plan a violent coup d'état
That is matter of dispute.
and for you that's less important than a few opportunistic lootings? Got it.
I am not saying that January 6th was insignificant. But the monomaniacal attention it has been getting (and is getting even more now) is exaggerated. Especially when juxtaposed against the virtual memory hole into which the better part of 2020 has disappeared into as far as our mainstream media and politicians are concerned.
Those responsible for 1.6 should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. And they are.
But so should those responsible for 2020 rioting. But very few of them have been prosecuted, and what few prosecutions happened were mostly federal and have been handled with kid gloves.
Take this case:
BLM protester who killed man in fire should get longer sentence: Cotton
Yupp, that's right. Another #BLM body from the memory holed 2020 riots.
NY Post said:
Montez Terriel Lee, 26, of Rochester, Minnesota, was sentenced in January to 10 years in prison followed by three years of supervised release for setting fire to the Max It Pawn Shop on East Lake Street in Minneapolis on May 28, 2020, according to the Minnesota US Attorney’s Office.
Lee was caught on surveillance camera pouring accelerant around the shop before igniting it. As the building is destroyed, a second video recorded Lee in front of the shop saying, “[Expletive] this place. We’re gonna burn this [expletive] down,” prosecutors said.
Cotton said Lee should have been sentenced to closer to 20 years.
“In August 2020, the United States Attorney’s Office in Minnesota indicted Lee on one count of Arson and he pleaded guilty on July 22, 2021. The sentencing guidelines called for a sentence of around 20 years. But the US Attorney’s office filed a Sentencing Memorandum asking for half this time. Most shockingly, the US Attorney defended Montez Lee and expressed sympathy for his murderous arson because Lee’s crime was committed during the BLM riots.
“Showing leniency towards a career criminal who committed murder is bad enough. But justifying the murder because the career criminal shares the Biden Administration’s politics is beyond the pale. The American people deserve to know whether leniency for left-wing murderers is the official policy of the Biden Department of Justice, or whether this travesty was a one-off.”

Federal prosecutors who act like defense counsel and request sentences well below sentencing guidelines because they agree with offenders' politics should be unacceptable. If Trump's DOJ prosecutors acted like that, I know this forum would be incensed.

Another article on this case:
Prosecutors win light sentence for man who set deadly fire during Floyd riots
Washington Examiner said:
Two months after the fire, the charred remains of 30-year-old Oscar Lee Stewart were found in the rubble. Although Stewart's death was attributed to the fire in the prosecutor's sentencing memo, he was not charged with it.
Former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani told the Washington Examiner that Lee could have been looking at a murder charge and a life sentence.
"It could have been tried as a capital case," Rahmani, president of West Coast Trial Lawyers, said. "Even if conduct isn't charged under the sentencing guidelines, any relevant conduct can be considered by the sentencing judge in fashioning an appropriate sentence. Any time there is a felony committed — and arson is a felony — and a death ensues, that's homicide. ... It doesn't matter that just the arson was charged because someone died as a result. It's a murder case."
[...]
In a sentencing memo signed by acting U.S. Attorney W. Anders Folk and Assistant U.S. Attorney Thomas Calhoun-Lopez, prosecutors praised Lee for his "candor" and argued that he should be given a lighter sentence because he burned down a commercial building and did not commit the offense for personal gain. Though prosecutors admitted that when Lee raised his fist in defiance, it was "terribly misguided, and his actions had tragic, unthinkable consequences," they also thought Lee "[appeared] to believe that he was, in Dr. King's eloquent words, engaging in 'the language of the unheard.'"

Federal prosecutor praising and going easy on a deadly arsonist because he agrees with his politics. Something like that should not be allowed, no matter from which side. Imagine if a prosecutor under President DeSantis gave right wing rioters a light sentence (half as long sentencing guidelines suggest) because January 6th was "the language of the unheard" or some nonsense like that.

Other #BLMers have also gotten sweetheart deals from federal prosecutors, for example firebombing lawyer terrorists Colinford Mattis and Urooj Rahman who will likely get a sentence of 1.5-2 years for making, distributing and using Molotov cocktails during a riot in Brooklyn. Others, like Warlord Raz Simone (one of the leaders of armed occupation of several blocks in Seattle) were not even prosecuted. Neither have those who occupied territory in Portland, Minneapolis or Atlanta (except for the two also involved in the murder of Secoriea Turner).

Last edited:
At least these two killers are alive to defend themselves from society defending itself from them - something they denied Mr Brooks.
St. Rayshard denied it to himself. His blood is on his own hands.

When Rolfe and Brosnan were to be taken into custody, they did not assault the arresting officers, nor have they stolen their tasers and shot it at them.
Don't you think that has a lot to do with the different outcome of those arrests?

That’s right.
What our friendly local “I’m not a right winger”s
Well, I am not. You are just so far left, your perspective is skewed.

routinely miss is that one side is protesting and yes, causing property damage,
And killing people.

in order to try to gain Constitutional rights they have been guaranteed and then have been denied,
There is no "Constitutional right" to (relevant to this particular thread) drive drunk. There is no "Constitutional right" to assault arresting officers (giving one of them a concussion in the process!), steal their tasers and shoot said taser at them.
Where in the Constitution do you think you find these supposed rights?

And even if Rayshard's Brooks' rights were violated (even though that would require quite a bit of "emanations from the penumbrae") that does not justify the response by the #BLM. They do not have the right to burn a restaurant nor to occupy several city blocks with armed force. And for damn sure they do not have the right to murder 8 year old girls!

while the other side is dedicated to the termination of the democratic process that conferred those rights in the first place.
Nobody is saying that the aims of the January 6th rioters were right. They should be prosecuted.

But so should 2020 rioters. They should not be given sweetheart deals or, for most of them, not even be prosecuted. And the whole series of riots should not be disappeared into the memory hole by the media and politicians who steadfastly pretend 2020 riots were "peaceful protests". That is as ridiculous as saying 1/6 rioters were sightseers!

Actually I don’t think they’re missing it, they’re trying to obfuscate, deny and distract from it.
Actually I think you (and other leftists) are trying to obfuscate matters with your nonsensical spiel about "Constitutional rights".
And derailing with "January 6th" (like p&f did in this very thread, post #478) whenever we talk about any other riot.

Derec said:
... you see 2020 rioters who actually committed acts of wanton destruction and killed dozens as "peaceful protesters".
I do not remember every single case, . . .
I could find more if I really looked. There are also cases of a looter being accidentally run over by a Fed Ex truck he was looting and several rioters/looters shot by store owners defending their property . . .
Your claim was about protesters killing, and you cite protesters being killed. I think this MIGHT qualify as "moving the goalposts."

And even after teleporting the goalposts to another galaxy you were unable to list one dozen, let alone "dozens."

Derec said:
Swammerdami said:
Top elected officials in the World's Greatest Democracy™ plan a violent coup d'état
Oh? :confused2: Who's disputing it? Even Bill Barr, Ivanka Trump and the daughter of Darth Vader seem to have defected to the libtard side on this one. Tucker Carlson? Lauren Boebert? Tswizzle and Jason? You couldn't name a dozen people killed by Antifa; can you name a dozen who don't think there was an attempted coup d'état?

Derec claiming that hundreds were NOT killed by white supremacists said:
That is more a testament to media bias than anything else. For example, often when a white guy does something bad (like arson), he is automatically labeled a "boogaloo boy" by the media to distance him from #BLM/Antifa.

The claim was made by the FBI. In your view is the FBI part of your libtard/AOC/lame_stream Axis?

St. Rayshard denied it to himself. His blood is on his own hands.
You claim that his blood is on his own hands is blatantly delusional. Mr. Brooks did not commit suicide.
When Rolfe and Brosnan were to be taken into custody, they did not assault the arresting officers, nor have they stolen their tasers and shot it at them.
Don't you think that has a lot to do with the different outcome of those arrests?
I am truly amazed at how you utterly missed the point. Those two killers are alive to have a day in court - they can tell their side of their story. Mr. Brooks cannot do either.

Derec said:
I do not remember every single case, . . .
I could find more if I really looked. There are also cases of a looter being accidentally run over by a Fed Ex truck he was looting and several rioters/looters shot by store owners defending their property . . .
Your claim was about protesters killing, and you cite protesters being killed. I think this MIGHT qualify as "moving the goalposts."

And even after teleporting the goalposts to another galaxy you were unable to list one dozen, let alone "dozens."

Derec said:
Swammerdami said:
Oh? :confused2: Who's disputing it? Even Bill Barr, Ivanka Trump and the daughter of Darth Vader seem to have defected to the libtard side on this one. Tucker Carlson? Lauren Boebert? Tswizzle and Jason? You couldn't name a dozen people killed by Antifa; can you name a dozen who don't think there was an attempted coup d'état?

Derec claiming that hundreds were NOT killed by white supremacists said:

The claim was made by the FBI. In your view is the FBI part of your libtard/AOC/lame_stream Axis?
Some posters here are NWRT, Swammi. The repetition of RW mantras is sufficient to keep them satisfied, and facts be damned.
Pointing out their errors can be fun but it has no influence on their invincible ignorance or lack of introspective ability.

Your claim was about protesters killing, and you cite protesters being killed.
I provided both, becuase I think both are relevant.
In any case, why do you ignore the three cases of intentional homicide and one case of (presumably) unintentional homicide during the commission of an arson?
I think this MIGHT qualify as "moving the goalposts."
It does not. First of all, I gave you cases of "protesters" shooting and killing people.
Second, people getting killed due to all the rioting is still a consequence of the rioting. If people weren't stopping trucks on the highway and looting them, Barry Perkins would not be accidentally run over by a truck. And so on.

Let's start with the four I gave you, all from 2020 riots. That's already much more deadly than the 1/6 riots.

Oh? :confused2: Who's disputing it?
The 1/6 riot was not organized at all. The idiots who broke into the Capitol had no real plan as to what to do once they got inside.
And a tweet telling people to go protest at the Capitol is hardly evidence that Trump planned them breaking in.

Now, Trump definitely did try to overturn the election by pressuring state officials like Brad Raffensperger. That's what the Fulton County case is about. But that has nothing to do with the riot.

Now, why are you and other leftists so hellbent on derailing so many threads with your hobby horse? Are all the threads dedicated to the only riot you think that matters not enough?
This thread is about the shooting of drunk driver who attacked police and stole their taser, as well as the aftermath. That aftermath included burning down of the Wendy's, armed occupation of several city blocks by #BLM and murder of an 8 year old girl by the occupiers.

Do you have anything to say about this case? If not, get the fuck out of here and go post in a 1/6 thread!

The FBI has not claimed that there have been no murders by Antifa/#BLM. Or can you back up that outrageous claim?

You claim that his blood is on his own hands is blatantly delusional. Mr. Brooks did not commit suicide.
I see you do not understand the meaning of that phrase. It means that his own actions caused his death.
Had he allowed himself to be arrested, he'd have been fine. Instead, he attacked police officers, giving one of them a concussion, and stole a taser, which he fired at the officers.
I.e. he caused his own demise, just as surely as if he pulled the trigger himself.

I am truly amazed at how you utterly missed the point. Those two killers are alive to have a day in court - they can tell their side of their story. Mr. Brooks cannot do either.
I am equally amazed at how utterly you missed the point. The reason they are alive to tell their side of the story is because of how they acted. Had Rayshard Brooks behaved like Rolfe and Brosnan behaved when they were taken into custody, he too would be alive to give his side of the story on his parole violation and new DUI charges. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Or "fuck around and find out" if you prefer.

Btw, I do not think there will actually be a trial. I think the county will ultimately drop the charges. This was a good shoot.

I see you do not understand the meaning of that phrase. It means that his own actions caused his death.
Had he allowed himself to be arrested, he'd have been fine. Instead, he attacked police officers, giving one of them a concussion, and stole a taser, which he fired at the officers.
I.e. he caused his own demise, just as surely as if he pulled the trigger himself.
I see you do not understand what happened. Mr. Brooks did not shoot himself. While he has some responsibility for his actions, so do the officers.
I am equally amazed at how utterly you missed the point.
As usual, you missed the point.
The reason they are alive to tell their side of the story is because of how they acted....
Exactly my point. And yet, you continue to argue. Hmm.

I see you do not understand what happened. Mr. Brooks did not shoot himself.
Nobody is claiming he did.
While he has some responsibility for his actions, so do the officers.
He has almost all responsibility. He decided to drive drunk (not just a little over limit, but drunk enough to pass out in the drive-trough lane). He decided to attack the officers who were arresting him. He decided to steal the taser, and to shoot it.
The increasingly poor decisions of Rayshard Brooks.

Exactly my point. And yet, you continue to argue. Hmm.
You are right. No point arguing with you. It's like talking to a brick wall.
The fact is, had Rayshard Brooks acted the same way these officers acted when they were taken into custody, he'd have been fine.

Back
Top Bottom