• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Political Rant Funny Images II

You really have to use the P because that's the only way you make a word with "SA_"

Unless you play a relaxed rule with foreign borrowings and abbreviations.

You really have to use the P because that's the only way you make a word with "SA_"

Sac - a pouch within an animal or plant often containing a fluid.

I didn’t know that was foreign.

Doesn't sac without the k derive from the french?

I might be wrong, but I always thought that it was a foreign borrowing, even when used for anatomy.

right. I guess if its in the scrabble dictionary.

dictionary said:
sac
/sak/
noun
noun: sac; plural noun: sacs

a hollow, flexible structure resembling a bag or pouch.
"a fountain pen with an ink sac"
synonyms: bag, pouch, bladder, blister; More
technicalbursa, acinus, follicle, cyst, saccule, utricle, vesicle, vesica, vesicula, theca, liposome
"cephalopods have an ink sac"
a cavity enclosed by a membrane within a living organism, containing air, liquid, or solid structures.
the distended membrane surrounding a hernia, cyst, or tumor.

dictionary said:
sac
/sak/
noun
noun: sac; plural noun: sacs

a hollow, flexible structure resembling a bag or pouch.
"a fountain pen with an ink sac"
synonyms: bag, pouch, bladder, blister; More
technicalbursa, acinus, follicle, cyst, saccule, utricle, vesicle, vesica, vesicula, theca, liposome
"cephalopods have an ink sac"
a cavity enclosed by a membrane within a living organism, containing air, liquid, or solid structures.
the distended membrane surrounding a hernia, cyst, or tumor.

I understand that the plural noun has a store on Fifth Avenue.

D_nlMMqXsAEBF8i.jpg

D_nlMerWkAIzRVh.jpg

D_nlMzvXUAYCrGA.jpg

And what is it that put America in the forefront of the nuclear nations?
And what is it that will make it possible to spend twenty billion dollars of your money to put some clown on the moon? Well, it was good old American know how, that's what.
As provided by good old Americans, like Dr. Wernher von Braun.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro[/youtube]

...some say our attitude should be one of gratitude,
Like the widows and cripples in old London town, who owe their large pensions to Wernher von Braun.

right. I guess if its in the scrabble dictionary.

When I was 13 (iirc) my mom brought the whole family to France for the summer. She rented an apartment in Tours, where I was to attend French language classes at L'Universite de Touraine.
My little sister was 8 or 9 at the time... while setting up the apartment, it was discovered that alas, there was no potholder in the kitchen. So my little sister set off on the 2km walk to downtown where there was a big department store. She spent a while wandering around the store looking for a potholder, to no avail. She had no idea what the French word for potholder might be, and therefore didn't know how to ask for help, so she made the long hike back to the apartment in frustration. When she got there, she went straight to the French-English dictionary and looked it up. To her dismay, the translation shown for "potholder" was "potholder". Never saw her so mad!

(*there is another word - "manique" - but that was a second option in the pocket dictionary)

Back
Top Bottom