• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Political Rant Funny Images II

So what? OMG teh fool we elected was accidentally right about someting!!!111!1 :rofl:

Only technically. It didn't come to me. Did it come to you?
It isn't "coming" to anyone I know any time real soon outside of medical personnel.
The meaning conveyed by Trump was an intended lie as always. That it could be literally true is just incidental.
The people he was trying to dupe were given to understand that they might get vaccinated by year-end ... like, in the next 2 weeks. They're not.

I think they were being too critical but also people are quote-mining the critics. The doctor went on to say a vaccine could be ready in 2 months (stated in April/May) if we forgo testing. His point was that testing the right and complete way takes time. And this was all in the context of doing a complete reopen and so how much would be manufactured. If you look where we are with vaccine timeline, it's not terrible but not actually complete:
  • Kids are not tested in the trials. We can't reopen schools without kids getting vaccinated. Maybe? We need 67% of population to have vaccine to have so-called herd immunity. How can this work if 55% of adults are willing to get it but children can't get vaccine? This is a phased release, partial readiness. The testing is incomplete. Not ready.
  • The amount of vaccine manufactured is also not terrible, but also not enough. There is not enough available to give people two doses. They also missed a manufacturing milestone, even considering the phased release. So that is only partially ready, too.

So when will Pfizer and Moderna complete testing in children, have FDA approve the children trial results, and manufacture enough doses so we can say it's "ready?"

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/wonkamobile/status/1339057671585099784?s=20[/TWEET]

Just shows both of them being politicians. Pete stepped down from the race at the time he was told and has been rewarded. He does seem to be an intellectually very sharp guy though.

Loved this one.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DygRa5JlYhs[/YOUTUBE]

Back
Top Bottom