• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Price Waterhouse analyst murdered in his home by police

And the character assassination begins?

One article says:

and

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/09/13/search-warrant-botham-jean-apartment/

But the FauxNews headline says: "Search warrant: Marijuana found in Botham Jean's apartment..."
Why doesn't this include what was in his fridge. Any sex toys in his bedroom?

Reminds me of Frank Drebin in Police Squad:

Commissioner Anabell Brumford:
I would like now to introduce a most distinguished gentleman. This week he is being honored for his one 1000th drug dealer killed. Ladies and gentleman please welcome Lt. Frank Drebin of Police Squad.

Lt. Frank Drebin:
In all honesty the last two I backed over with my car. Luckily they turned out to be drug dealers.

Whatever was found in his apartment is as relevant as the color of the ceiling in the apartment or the number of toes on an alligator as to the actual events, since there was no search warrant and he was not suspected of any crime by this officer. Hence, th choice to report these selected irrelevant facts is an attempt to smear the victim and to create sympathy for the killer. It is intellectually dishonest and morally despicable.

Police seem to be considering her account as fact as opposed to just claims. For example, her whole claim that he moved toward her seems contrived.

Actually, it makes sense--he didn't realize what the situation was.

So if you were black, you would move toward a cop with a gun pointed at your chest telling you to freeze??

I'm thinking he didn't realize it was a cop. Someone barges in and starts giving him orders when he hasn't done anything wrong, there's a natural reaction to protest that you've done nothing wrong and not take the threat seriously because you know there's no reason for the threat.

The way things played out makes sense. She was facing an apparent self-defense situation, he was facing a crazy intruder. While her self-defense actions make sense she didn't have the right to be there, though, and thus didn't have the right to defend herself. Imperfect self defense, prosecuted as manslaughter.

So if you were black, you would move toward a cop with a gun pointed at your chest telling you to freeze??

I'm thinking he didn't realize it was a cop. Someone barges in and starts giving him orders when he hasn't done anything wrong, there's a natural reaction to protest that you've done nothing wrong and not take the threat seriously because you know there's no reason for the threat.

The way things played out makes sense. She was facing an apparent self-defense situation, he was facing a crazy intruder. While her self-defense actions make sense she didn't have the right to be there, though, and thus didn't have the right to defend herself. Imperfect self defense, prosecuted as manslaughter.
First, the police office in uniform, so your conjecture that the victim did not know she was a police officer is ridiculous. Second, you don't know if she gave an orders, and if she did, what they were. All we have is her self-serving version of events. Third, there is absolutely no evidence at this time that the victim either came towards her or if he was close enough to her to be a reasonable and credible threat.

Why not stop making stuff up and wait for the results of this investigation?

So she didn't say stop or I'll shoot.

Why doesn't this include what was in his fridge.
Because most of that stuff is mundane and would not make a good headline.
Any sex toys in his bedroom?
Now that, on the other hand could be interesting.

the-naked-gun-sex-shop.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what's missing from the list? What they found in Guyger's apartment. Or even if they bothered to search it. After all, she's the perp here. not him.

His apartment is the crime scene. Obviously it is going to be searched.

His apartment is the crime scene. Obviously it is going to be searched.

The question was why didn't they release a list of the things they found in HER apartment? Don't you think that since she's the killer here, they would probably want to find out more about her? And if they did search it, why did they not release that information. They released the information found in his apartment, didn't they? Why not release the info of the items found in the perp's apartment?

Last edited:
The question was why didn't they release a list of the things they found in HER apartment? Don't you think that since she's the killer here, they would probably want to find out more about her? And if they did search it, why did they not release that information. They released the information found in his apartment, didn't you? Why not release the info of the items found in the perp's apartment?

I don't know. Perhaps due to the fact that he is dead and thus no privacy protections apply.

The question was why didn't they release a list of the things they found in HER apartment? Don't you think that since she's the killer here, they would probably want to find out more about her? And if they did search it, why did they not release that information. They released the information found in his apartment, didn't you? Why not release the info of the items found in the perp's apartment?

I don't know. Perhaps due to the fact that he is dead and thus no privacy protections apply.

People inherited his property not the police.

I do not know what the privacy rights of dead people are. However, I do know one thing. The police were under NO OBLIGATION to release the information they found in Botham's apartment, whether living or dead. So, there must have been a reason that extends far beyond "privacy rights of the dead."

I do not know what the privacy rights of dead people are. However, I do know one thing. The police were under NO OBLIGATION to release the information they found in Botham's apartment, whether living or dead. So, there must have been a reason that extends far beyond "privacy rights of the dead."
I don't know either for a fact - that's why I said perhaps.
But I already said that I don't think it affects the shooting one way or another, so I don't know why we are still arguing about it.

I don't know either for a fact - that's why I said perhaps.
But I already said that I don't think it affects the shooting one way or another, so I don't know why we are still arguing about it.

So it's also possible that they released the information to publicly smear the victim?

So it's also possible that they released the information to publicly smear the victim?
Many things are possible. It doesn't affect the shooting itself though (as far as I can see), so it's not going to help Guyger.

People inherited his property not the police.
And "people" will get the property once the investigation is over. But what does eventual inheritance have to do with the privacy protections of the deceased occupant?
How about you first answer what bearing any of this has on whether the shooting was acceptable? Maybe you can talk about whether Cory Maye was justified in his shooting of an apparent burgler?

Many things are possible. It doesn't affect the shooting itself though (as far as I can see), so it's not going to help Guyger.

I agree. But it seems that the DPD is doing anything they can to help her. Like releasing this information to possibly taint a future jury pool when the info has no relevance at all.

I agree. But it seems that the DPD is doing anything they can to help her. Like releasing this information to possibly taint a future jury pool when the info has no relevance at all.
Same can be said for the actions of the lawyers hired by the family. They are also muddying the waters with claims of noise complaints, yelling "let me in", and so on.

Same can be said for the actions of the lawyers hired by the family. They are also muddying the waters with claims of noise complaints, yelling "let me in", and so on.

Yes, they are claims. And like all claims they need to be investigated as well. Not just ignored simply because of the people making them.

Back
Top Bottom