• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Princess Ivanka tries to butt into a high-level conversation

And yet these were more credentials that Don the Con had when the majority of Americans who voted didn't vote for him as Prez.

So you're saying that if Donald Trump had married Bill Clinton he'd have been qualified then?

No. Saying that while Hillary's qualifications included that, if DT had married SW, then his credentials would include be limited to that fact.

... Ivanka's intelligence is less the issue than her complete and utter lack of any relevant experience in the field of (or any field remotely tangent to) diplomacy.

It doesn't help that she bears an uncommon resemblance to the ditsy Phoebe character on the "Friends" sitcom. And as her dad likes to tell her when she steps out of line: "Honey, you sell shoes."

I can totally picture her singing “Smelly Cat”.

Or, for the people who insist Hillary was unqualified AND that Ivanka deserves a seat at the adult table, cognitive dissonance coupled with shallow partisanship.

I don't see anyone in this thread defending Ivanka. I'm just pointing out demonstrating hypocrisy.

Of course in this day and age people can't tell the difference.
FIXT.

... Ivanka's intelligence is less the issue than her complete and utter lack of any relevant experience in the field of (or any field remotely tangent to) diplomacy.

It doesn't help that she bears an uncommon resemblance to the ditsy Phoebe character on the "Friends" sitcom. And as her dad likes to tell her when she steps out of line: "Honey, you sell shoes."

The Phoebe character has sensitivities, empathy etc..
I think of Ivanka as more like the Kelly character from Married With Children.

Jason, I notice all the posts that talk about Hillary's other credentials, you refused to respond to, while keeping the counterfactual meme going. If you are going to derail the thread, could you at least respond to posts debunking yours?

257540_image.jpg

I checked on the Kennedys, and JFK's appointment of Bobby Kennedy as Attorney General got a lot of criticism, with some critics calling it nepotism. But BK already had had plenty of experience as a lawyer, so he was at least a little bit prepared. Donald Trump, Jared Kushner and the Bobby Kennedy Law | Time -- the "Bobby Kennedy Law" is an anti-nepotism law that was passed in 1967 in response to BK being appointed AG.

But Ivanka Trump is clearly much less qualified than Bobby Kennedy.

Jason, I notice all the posts that talk about Hillary's other credentials, you refused to respond to, while keeping the counterfactual meme going. If you are going to derail the thread, could you at least respond to posts debunking yours?

I'm not defending Ivanka or Trump, so nothing I wrote was debunked.

I know, if you dislike one it is because you love the other, and therefore by your twisted "logic" I must somehow be a supporter of the other. But I'm not.

I'm not defending Ivanka or Trump, so nothing I wrote was debunked.

Yes it was. People told you Hillary was a long time lawyer. This made her qualified as legislator. After legislative experience, she had cred for related positions in govt. Of course, being close to govt and on boards and spear-heading efforts also probably helped a little bit, not a lot, but you keep focusing on that instead of the primary crdentials.

I know, if you dislike one it is because you love the other, and therefore by your twisted "logic" I must somehow be a supporter of the other. But I'm not.

Not at all. I don't like Clinton, but I like people being partisan about her less. Your partisan tactics around here all well known, derailing threads in order to make Democrats look as bad as Republicans so you can promote the Libertarian alternative. I suggest you simply stop the bullshit and try to win on issues.

Yes it was.

Only if you can establish that I was actually defending Ivanka or Donald.

Not at all. I don't like Clinton, but I like people being partisan about her less. Your partisan tactics around here all well known, derailing threads in order to make Democrats look as bad as Republicans so you can promote the Libertarian alternative. I suggest you simply stop the bullshit and try to win on issues.

I already did.

Saw a meme online, pic of a puppy's head poking around a door. The poster and his wife have developed a game of 'surprise Charlie!' where you'll be doing something and suddenly Charlie is there, unexpectedly, asthe spouse shouts 'Surprise Charlie!' Charlie has lost any initial enthusiasm for the game.

If i had some table tennis paddles, i might print out Princess Ivanka's face, so we could play 'Unwanted Ivanka.'

UI in the bedroom, UI in the car, UI in the 'Stop screaming, it's just a printout,' shower.

Ivanka Trump G-20 Video: Macron's Office 'Didn't Anticipate the Reaction' After Posting Clip of First Daughter's Awkward Interaction
During the group's discussion, May can be heard saying "as soon as you charge them with that economic aspect of it, a lot of people start listening who otherwise wouldn't listen." This prompts Ivanka to say "yeah," before then interjecting about the "defense side of it" as Lagarde, who was standing beside Trump, appeared to roll her eyes before turning back to the world leaders to continue their chat.

Following the controversy, an official with the French presidential palace asserted that such clips from summits and similar events are shared often. Although it was released at a time of "a larger narrative in the U.S. about Ivanka's diplomatic role," it was never our intention to feed into that narrative," the official said in a statement, according to Politico. "We didn't anticipate the reaction, and once again, we are not responsible for the use made of the clip."
So it wasn't to embarrass Ivanka. I think that what it did was to provide a glaring example of what many people have long suspected about her, that she is hopelessly unqualified for a high-level position.

Back
Top Bottom